Christianity invented to pacify poor says Bible scholar

I wouldn't say Aim_Deep is an anti-Semite, but he totes hates Israel.

BTW A_D didja hear that Trump has his own Israeli soccer team now? They renamed their club after him because they loved the Jerusalem embassy move so much.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Well if you could get past the propaganda you'd hate isreal too. It's a apartheid genocidal state who doesnt follow international law at all. That some Muslim act crazy towards USA/west/Israel out of dispossession and desperation starting in last 40 years or so isn't by accident. They tried peaceful Gandhi like resistace - the first intifada, and Israel killed 20,000 for it and got nowhere. Some day we will realize our folly of supporting Israel unconditionally like many in West have like Micheal Sheer head of Bin Laden desk at CIA or American Jews like Norman Finklestien and others. Everyday Israel loses goodwill it once had due to sins of holocaust and looked at like their German oppressor is.

Any no I don't hate anyone. I am friends with many Jews and had dinner with a real holocaust survivor and author just the other night at my dad's house. Guess what? he thinks Israel behavior atrocious too.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on May 15, 2018, 11:01:06 PM
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/story-of-jesus-christ-was-fabricated-to-pacify-the-poor-claims-controversial-biblical-scholar-8870879.html

"They surmised that the way to stop the spread of zealous Jewish missionary activity was to create a competing belief system," Atwill told PRWeb.com

"That's when the 'peaceful' Messiah story was invented.

"Instead of inspiring warfare, this Messiah urged turn-the-other-cheek pacifism and encouraged Jews to 'give onto Caesar' and pay their taxes to Rome."

Funny thing is that it would imply Muslim religion is also totally fake since Jesus is one of their main prophet.
Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
"
Rexeos wrote:
Who near the top? Hamas or Hezbolla? - either one.

To the rest: Have you noticed how many lies and nonsense lies in our human heads? Those info are inserted there by school, religion, television... Critical thinking is impossible for those, who are dependent. But we love to live in golden cages, dont we?

ps: and wait for Bwam or what his nick is: he says Palestinians should be relocated and calls it the solution :D

Yeah, we are giving them California. They can share with all the hippies there.
"
Khoranth wrote:
"
Rexeos wrote:
Who near the top? Hamas or Hezbolla? - either one.

To the rest: Have you noticed how many lies and nonsense lies in our human heads? Those info are inserted there by school, religion, television... Critical thinking is impossible for those, who are dependent. But we love to live in golden cages, dont we?

ps: and wait for Bwam or what his nick is: he says Palestinians should be relocated and calls it the solution :D

Yeah, we are giving them California. They can share with all the hippies there.

cant we give them some little piece of frozen Canada instead??
I dont see any any key!
Back on topic... in offtopic.. the irony!

Religion has long been used as a psychological and political tool. What better way to quell the emotions and logical thought processes of individuals in difficult living conditions?

It makes perfect sense.

Combine that with the need to gossip and spread rumors (among many people of lower societal positions) and you have the perfect method to disperse misinformation.

Eli the farmer: "You hear about this guy Jesus? I heard he can walk on water!"
Levi the butcher: "Well I personally saw him turn water into wine and feed 1000 people out of one bowl!!"
Ezra the stone layer: "Oh well that ain't nothing, I heard he's bringing people back to life over there near my home town!!"

There is a reason that the poorest, and often most poorly educated areas are the most religious. When you leave everything to fate, then it's "God's will" and not your personal fault. It's easy to do. Hell I blame God everytime Shaper one shot's me. ;)

Last edited by Prizy on May 18, 2018, 3:16:57 PM
"
this world is full of deception

It's almost like this world is an illusion or something.
"
Back on topic... in offtopic.. the irony!

Religion has long been used as a psychological and political tool. What better way to quell the emotions and logical thought processes of individuals in difficult living conditions?

It makes perfect sense.

Combine that with the need to gossip and spread rumors (among many people of lower societal positions) and you have the perfect method to disperse misinformation.

Eli the farmer: "You hear about this guy Jesus? I heard he can walk on water!"
Levi the butcher: "Well I personally saw him turn water into wine and feed 1000 people out of one bowl!!"
Ezra the stone layer: "Oh well that ain't nothing, I heard he's bringing people back to life over there near my home town!!"

There is a reason that the poorest, and often most poorly educated areas are the most religious. When you leave everything to fate, then it's "God's will" and not your personal fault. It's easy to do. Hell I blame God everytime Shaper one shot's me. ;)

Is there a reason the most powerful most successful country ever to exist, USA, is so Christian ?

Makes sense to me.
"
Templar_G wrote:
Is there a reason the most powerful most successful country ever to exist, USA, is so Christian ?
Yes. But it's not "because God exists," because that's silly. It might be "because Americans thought God exists," but that would be problematic, because He doesn't. At least not in the nonfiction meaning of existence.

Fiction has power. Novels have themes and promote certain sets of values; similarly, so does the Bible. Some of those Christian values are partially responsible for massive human achievement over centuries of empirically observable history. There is fiction out there well-deserving of mass love. I don't need to believe the Bible is literally true to worship it and to justify that worship.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on May 18, 2018, 9:13:16 PM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
Templar_G wrote:
Yes. But it's not "because God exists," because that's silly. It might be "because Americans thought God exists," but that would be problematic, because He doesn't. At least not in the nonfiction meaning of existence.

Fiction has power. Novels have themes and promote certain sets of values; similarly, so does the Bible. Some of those Christian values are partially responsible for massive human achievement over centuries of empirically observable history. There is fiction out there well-deserving of mass love. I don't need to believe the Bible is literally true to worship it and to justify that worship.

I just appreciate the fact that Christians have created the most powerful and most successful nations ever, while others, like you, claim you're so much more intelligent.

Keep thinking that, while we go on printing the global currency with In God We Trust printed on it.

It's good to be on top.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info