Christianity invented to pacify poor says Bible scholar

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/story-of-jesus-christ-was-fabricated-to-pacify-the-poor-claims-controversial-biblical-scholar-8870879.html

"They surmised that the way to stop the spread of zealous Jewish missionary activity was to create a competing belief system," Atwill told PRWeb.com

"That's when the 'peaceful' Messiah story was invented.

"Instead of inspiring warfare, this Messiah urged turn-the-other-cheek pacifism and encouraged Jews to 'give onto Caesar' and pay their taxes to Rome."
Git R Dun!
Last bumped on May 29, 2018, 3:35:25 PM
If that's true, then the Roman government destroyed itself trying to destroy Judaism. By the 5th century Christianity had infected the Romans all the way up to the Emperor himself, and Augustine of Hippo was encouraging Romans to turn the other cheek for those who sacked the sacred city of Rome - which according to Augustine wasn't sacred at all, as it was nothing compared to the city of Heaven that awaited the dead.

So essentially the ideological equivalent of a designer virus being developed in a government lab, then deliberately released, causing a zombie apocalypse and taking down the government. Silly Romans.

When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on May 14, 2018, 10:26:12 PM
this world is full of deception
Designer of Unending Hunger and The Craving divination card.
"says bible scholar" haha.
Do you really think that Romans had to use 21.st century era subversive tactics, instead of just using a whip & baton to extract the shekels from Jews? Pacifying the poor was much more easy back then, no need for a welfare state & constructing a whole ideology around it.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
this world is full of deception

This world is imperfect... if only I could wipe away the impurities

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DN9DW4rrEjY
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
If that's true, then the Roman government destroyed itself trying to destroy Judaism. By the 5th century Christianity had infected the Romans all the way up to the Emperor himself, and Augustine of Hippo was encouraging Romans to turn the other cheek for those who sacked the sacred city of Rome - which according to Augustine wasn't sacred at all, as it was nothing compared to the city of Heaven that awaited the dead.

So essentially the ideological equivalent of a designer virus being developed in a government lab, then deliberately released, causing a zombie apocalypse and taking down the government. Silly Romans.

The "chosen people" massacred 60 unarmed Gazans yesterday and not a peep. You know those people with no potable water, no power, and in what David Cameron called an open air prison? Israel is the worst terrorist org on the planet by far. I don't blame Romans for inventing peaceful subversion.
Git R Dun!
"
Aim_Deep wrote:

The "chosen people" massacred 60 unarmed Gazans yesterday and not a peep. You know those people with no potable water, no power, and in what David Cameron called an open air prison? Israel is the worst terrorist org on the planet by far. I don't blame Romans for inventing peaceful subversion.

Israel is not nr. 1 imo, nevertheless its near top for sure.
Who near the top? Hamas or Hezbolla? Whats funny is people have the right to resist occupation and were celebrated in WW2 for resisting and bombing Nazis. Totally different story now I guess.
Git R Dun!
Who near the top? Hamas or Hezbolla? - either one.

To the rest: Have you noticed how many lies and nonsense lies in our human heads? Those info are inserted there by school, religion, television... Critical thinking is impossible for those, who are dependent. But we love to live in golden cages, dont we?

ps: and wait for Bwam or what his nick is: he says Palestinians should be relocated and calls it the solution :D
Last edited by Rexeos on May 15, 2018, 7:17:25 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info