[3.5] Guffin's McSundae Strike | All Bosses Down | Fast and Safe Mapping | Skillchoices

Note: I am not the author, just another player.

"
Dginokazya wrote:

Good day, the author. I really liked your build, killed them all, but I would like to know what should be replaced in order to take more damage, but not to lose survival.

How about dropping the bottom left leech nodes towards Vitality Void and grab the Forces of Nature cluster instead?

"
Baleyine2 wrote:
Hello sir ! First of all it is by far the best guide i’ve read so far. So thanks for the huge work man. Its my first élague so i’m kinda newbie but i.ve played a lot so far. I.m Level 87, and i love the build so much !
I would apreciate if you could check out my char/stuff tho, because i seems to be lacking of damage for now :/
Thanks again, and sorry if i messed up somethings you already repeat a bunch of times !

I am following the guide as closely as I can and have no issues with damage nor survival at level 86. Doing t16s, red elder, guardians and ~300 delve without problems.

First thing to note looking at your character is you are missing a lot of gems. I assume you were just swapping stuff around and have not put them back. Otherwise: Link your stuff and add damage abilities (BF/Reave). You are also using a sub-optimal claw with % leech instead of Life given on Hit which is recommended in the guide - might be the reason you feel the need to run a life flask?

Your tree is also sub-optimal:

1 - Top left Scion jewel slot is a horrible gain/points spent. 4 nodes to get a jewel slot, 5 strength and 10 life (we don't have regen). The only reason it is being taken is to be used with a Meeks to double dip on the life wheel.

2 - Pure Talent Viridian Jewel is an incredible waste especially in that location. You gain +25 str/int/dex while you are already over the needed cap to equip your gear and gems. Especially considering you grab a +30 int node elsewhere on your tree and have tons of strength on your gear.

3 - The 3 Critical Strike Multiplier nodes below your Pure Talent Viridian should be taken when you do not have an Unnatural Instincts jewel in that slot.

4 - You are missing the Primeval Force elemental damage cluster.

5 - You are missing the Forces of Nature elemental damage cluster.

Alternative (better) jewel slot to grab would be the one next to Heartseeker for 2 points or south of life wheel for 3 points (not great, but better than top left scion for anything other than Meeks).

You might want to have a look at your flasks. Life flask is useless in 99% of situations as we leech a crazy amount. Taste of Hope would give you more damage, more survivability and free up cold resistance from your gear. No need for 2 "of Warding" flasks either as you could get better coverage of freeze/bleed/curse immunity.

Last edited by threeseconds on Oct 25, 2018, 4:13:59 AM
First of all, thank you so much for the guide. This is my first proper season on PoE and I have tried to follow your guide as close as possible. Now that I'm reaching 250+ in delve, and t15/t16 maps, I am starting to struggle a bit. Was wondering if you could check out my character and give me any ideas on what I should change as I feel like I'm nowhere near up to par with your build.

I currently have about 3ex to make some purchases.

I'm not sure exactly how to share my character, but in case it's not public on here, I exported the PoB link which is here:

https://pastebin.com/VwdMMg3M

Thank you!
Just a quick thank you for the amazing and well-written guide.
Today I did my 2nd uber elder of the league with only 1 death thanks to it and I even forgot to swap out Herald of Purity for Purity of Ice.
Just a quick question: is one of those shaper balls supposed to onehit you (6,6k hp) if you don't dodge them?
Hey everyone, was really busy in RL the past weeks and thus had no time to check by here.
That said, here are some replies:

"
Aeterc wrote:
Hello i just sell all my gear from my last build and i have 30 exalted my question is, how far can i push with this build investing those 30ex? Thank you!

Ty for the interest in the Build mate!

With 30EX there's really nothing in the base Game that you couldn't do. As long as you spend those 30 shiny boys wisely, farming all map tiers and Bosses like Uber Elder is no problem.
I've seen people running this Build at 5 to 600 depth with what looked like less than 30ex of Gear, but tbh I don't know the market right now.

If you decide to play the Build, let us know how it goes for you :)

"
OberstGruber wrote:
Hello again :-)

Just a little update to my progession:

Working atm on getting a few more exalts to buy unnatural instinct.

"Farming" shaper and uber elder without any problems. Yesterday i missed my first uber elder. I was "stuck" and could not move neither use a skill until something killed me. Happened 4 (!) times in one try.

Can anyone give me a reason for this? Never had something like this before. (Or was it just a server error?)

PS: Delve 400 with my first city boss yesterday :-)

Gz on all the progress mate!

Hope you got the currency to meet your Goals by now :)
As for the bug: were you channeling BF at the time? There is a bug where you can be stuck in its animation indefinitely until you remove the gem or relog.

"
Perce79 wrote:
Guffin: I just rerolled back to your build, and I noticed your trade link for the end game claws has leech claws show up. I think you should edit that trade link to make sure people get the LGoH implicit. I know you explain this in the guide and a few pages back, but I'm sure some people arent going to realize and spend 5 exalts on a leech claw, when a LGOH claw w/ less DPS would have been better.

Yo, great to see you wanna give this Build a shot as well :D

Ty for the headsup, gonna do that in a few Minutes.

Spoiler
"
Quixote77 wrote:
Between

and

"
Quixote77 wrote:

PoB says the latter gives us more damage, so safe to say it's the better corruption for both mapping and bossing?

Even if the first one would be slightly better for bosses, I'd always take the Frenzy or Crit because faster Attack Speed (or more reliable Crits) feels way better.

If the second one is BiS for you, gz on the very nice Item!

"
ervisberberii wrote:
Hello am level 71 just equiped all gear feels fast am on act 9 did lvling on BA everything perfect but degen is too big can u please help me

Yo dude, ty for the trust in the Build!

The Degen from Blood Rage is too strong for you?
You can combat that by either playing faster (less time between packs) or getting stronger Leech.
You get stronger Leech by having more Life or adding "% of max Life to max Life Leech Rate" via grabbing Vitality Void (below Vaal Pact) or an Elder Amulet with that mod.

On the topic of Gear: yours looks pretty good for now!
You're still missing the Watchers Eye, which is very important, and your Rings and Amulet will need to be upgraded soon (don't forget about these!).

Other than that, I'd recommend to drop Fangs of Frost and grab Twin Terrors instead. Will be about the same DPS, but feel a lot better for mapping.
Also, go grab the 3 Crit Multi Nodes at the Scion Start soon and put a Jewel into that socket :P

Let me know if that helped you a bit, and where you can take the Character :)

"
tayfun999 wrote:
Hey, playing PoE for the first time since a while now and loving this build.

Spoiler
Leveled with sunder to 70, specced into this build, got into maps now and the only issue I have is I reave/blood flurry the shit out of everything but can't manage to stay alive due to blood rage draining my whole lifepool, when I'm not hitting anything. I died alot because of this. (T1-T4 Maps)

It feels like overleeching does not work, even though I'm slayer ascendancy.

What am I doing wrong? https://pastebin.com/yWB0hVJu

EDIT: solved.

Yo dude, thanks for checking out my Build Guide!

I'm very sorry for not responding to you in time, and hope your Problem is really fixed now ):
Was a bit busy these past few weeks.

If anything else arises, feel free to drop another message here and I'll get to it :)

"
SKT1K wrote:
Hey man, I'm currently L81 rn, I feel like I have pretty solid gear, and I've pretty much following your skill tree to the dot. But, I feel wayyy too squishy in red maps, and the damage/leech just kinda feels off, idk.

Can you take a look @ my gear and point out anything that's off please?
Spoiler

Yo mate, glad you liked it generally so far :)

Level 81 is still terribly low, but the Gear looks fine.
That said, your Characters are private and I can't give you an indepth recommendation ):

So for some general tips:
Leech gets stronger the more max Life we have. So you need to scale that.
Darkrays are the best Boots for Damage and Speed while mapping, but that really isn't needed at all. Some other Boots with ~100 Life on them will help tremendously.
If your Leech still feels too weak, you can try to pick up Vitality Void below Vaal Pact, which offers stronger Leech as well.

I hope that gives you a point to start from :)
If something else arises, please give me a complete PoB pastebin or make your Characters public so that I can do a better job next time :P

"
Dginokazya wrote:

Good day, the author. I really liked your build, killed them all, but I would like to know what should be replaced in order to take more damage, but not to lose survival.

Hey mate, really glad to hear you had such a good time with the Build!

Basically, you can always upgrade Rare Gear to get more DPS. Your Amulet and Statstick for example, but the Amulet should be easiest.
Just import your Character into PoB, go to my Trade Links and copy some of the Amulets into PoB for example. You'll see which ones offer how much Damage exactly.

Other than that, there is minmaxing like 21/20 Gems, but that is generally not worth it.

You could also get perfectly rolled Flasks pretty easily, and sell your old ones. Bit of DPS to be gained there.
On that topic, I don't recommend using a Life Flask. If you want to do it, sure, but maybe try out a Quartz Flask for the added Defensiveness instead.

If you have the money, you can get an Elder Fossil Crafted Chest with 130+ Life, 12%+ max Life, supported by Level 1 Maim and/or +1.x% to Critical Strike Chance. These have basically the same Life as Belly for most Characters, and offer a lot of Damage but are hella expensive.

I'd start with upgrading your Amulet, and maybe a Ring or so. There is really no limit on how high you can go with Rares :)

"
BangBruvsTy wrote:
First of all, thank you so much for the guide. This is my first proper season on PoE and I have tried to follow your guide as close as possible. Now that I'm reaching 250+ in delve, and t15/t16 maps, I am starting to struggle a bit. Was wondering if you could check out my character and give me any ideas on what I should change as I feel like I'm nowhere near up to par with your build.

I currently have about 3ex to make some purchases.

I'm not sure exactly how to share my character, but in case it's not public on here, I exported the PoB link which is here:

https://pastebin.com/VwdMMg3M

Thank you!

Yo dude, big thank you for the very kind words! Glad that the Build worked out for you so far :)

You don't need to generate a PoB link for me as long as your Characters are set to public, and they are.

I don't know where you are struggling with. Survivability or DPS? So here is some generic stuff:

With a double or triple meek Setup you need to path to the upper right Scion Jewel Slot through the Attack Speed Nodes, and grab the 3 Crit Multi Nodes next to it.
That is a huge DPS gain if you do that. You'd need to drop 3 Nodes for that (e.g. 2 Frenzies), but it's still worth the DPS gain.

Your Claw has good pdps, but absolutely 0 Crit. Since this is a crit Build, grabbing one with Crit will be a huge DPS gain and offer some safety and consistency while mapping.
Also, a Life Gain on Hit implicit would be BiS for survivability, all the other Implicits are wasted on us and LGoH is very strong.

6.1k Life is okay for mapping. I recommend dropping both Life Flasks (they're really not needed, especially not with a LGoH Claw) for a Quartz/Stibnite/Basalt which will offer significant Defensives while also being more reliable with any Immunities you roll on them.
If you feel you need stronger Leech, go grab Vitality Void below Vaal Pact for a couple of maps to see how it feels.

Grabbing Heart of Oak instead of the 2 Nodes above Revenge of the Hunted gives the same Life for the same Points, and some Stun avoidance on top of it if you feel you need it.

That's all that comes to mind for now.

All that said, that's a very well geared Character! Your progress ingame and gear are very impressive for such a new player.
Feel free to let me know if any of this helped you, and how it works out in the Future :)

"
mede5a5ter wrote:
Just a quick thank you for the amazing and well-written guide.
Today I did my 2nd uber elder of the league with only 1 death thanks to it and I even forgot to swap out Herald of Purity for Purity of Ice.
Just a quick question: is one of those shaper balls supposed to onehit you (6,6k hp) if you don't dodge them?

Thanks for the very nice words, appreciate it :)

Gz on the very nice kill, next time deathless for sure :D
And no, never had that happen to me. Attacks have Damaga Ranges tho, and maybe you didn't use Purity of Ice for some max Res? Then that can happen I guess. Or did you forget Kaoms Roots maybe and get stunlocked and actually hit by 2 balls?

That's all that comes to mind,
"

Yo dude, big thank you for the very kind words! Glad that the Build worked out for you so far :)

You don't need to generate a PoB link for me as long as your Characters are set to public, and they are.

I don't know where you are struggling with. Survivability or DPS? So here is some generic stuff:

With a double or triple meek Setup you need to path to the upper right Scion Jewel Slot through the Attack Speed Nodes, and grab the 3 Crit Multi Nodes next to it.
That is a huge DPS gain if you do that. You'd need to drop 3 Nodes for that (e.g. 2 Frenzies), but it's still worth the DPS gain.

Your Claw has good pdps, but absolutely 0 Crit. Since this is a crit Build, grabbing one with Crit will be a huge DPS gain and offer some safety and consistency while mapping.
Also, a Life Gain on Hit implicit would be BiS for survivability, all the other Implicits are wasted on us and LGoH is very strong.

6.1k Life is okay for mapping. I recommend dropping both Life Flasks (they're really not needed, especially not with a LGoH Claw) for a Quartz/Stibnite/Basalt which will offer significant Defensives while also being more reliable with any Immunities you roll on them.
If you feel you need stronger Leech, go grab Vitality Void below Vaal Pact for a couple of maps to see how it feels.

Grabbing Heart of Oak instead of the 2 Nodes above Revenge of the Hunted gives the same Life for the same Points, and some Stun avoidance on top of it if you feel you need it.

That's all that comes to mind for now.

All that said, that's a very well geared Character! Your progress ingame and gear are very impressive for such a new player.
Feel free to let me know if any of this helped you, and how it works out in the Future :)

Wow, thank you so much for the detailed response, it is very much appreciated! I had a bit of time to make a few of the changes (claw, tree, etc.) earlier and after a couple runs it did feel a lot better (easily got through some parts of the delve I was struggling with before). I think that life on hit on the claw made a massive difference for staying alive. Will give it a proper test this weekend.

Thanks again!
Can u pkease check my build i got levek 82 i think i have oassed 1 mil dps can u sugest which way to go now ele dmg crit multi or frenzy by the way survival really good full health even on boses
Am having a blast till now removed some life nodes and got some crit nodes dpa really good am saving for instinct can u pkease check and give mw any suggestions
"
BangBruvsTy wrote:

Wow, thank you so much for the detailed response, it is very much appreciated! I had a bit of time to make a few of the changes (claw, tree, etc.) earlier and after a couple runs it did feel a lot better (easily got through some parts of the delve I was struggling with before). I think that life on hit on the claw made a massive difference for staying alive. Will give it a proper test this weekend.

Thanks again!

Happy to hear it worked out so good for you this far!
And yes, you got a good chunk of more DPS at basically the same Life now, while also having gained the insane sustain from LGoH.

Maybe I should stress the importance of the Implicit and a good Crit Roll on the Claw more in the Guide, but I kinda already mention it.

Hope you continue to have success with the Build :)

"
ervisberberii wrote:
Can u pkease check my build i got levek 82 i think i have oassed 1 mil dps can u sugest which way to go now ele dmg crit multi or frenzy by the way survival really good full health even on boses

"
ervisberberii wrote:
Am having a blast till now removed some life nodes and got some crit nodes dpa really good am saving for instinct can u pkease check and give mw any suggestions

Yo dude, cool to see you trying out the Build and having fun :D

Indeed, you are at 1.45kk Shaper DPS right now fully buffed.

As for what to grab on the Tree next:
I would grab the last 2 Life Nodes in the Scion wheel for some juicy Survivability boost.
After that, Forces of Nature for 3 Points is your biggest DPS Boost.

As for Gear:
Your Abyss Jewels are both preeeetty bad. I recommend grabbing some from my Trade Links with 35+ Life and 2 good offensive Stats (Flat phys, Accuracy, Attack Speed, Multi, Flat Ele). These will be very cheap to get.
You need to get 20/20 Gems soon. You can get a Level 1 and 20% Quality Gem by trading a level 20 Gem and a GCP to a Vendor, and then level that back up to 20. 20/20 on BF (and Reave) and all their Supports, as well as Herald of Ice and Blood Rage is a big DPS increase.
Your Amulet should be easy to Upgrade as well, I recommend getting one with Life, Phys, and WED (you need at least one WED roll) from my Trade Links.
After having done all of that, you can look into getting 2 socket Tombfists and a better Belt (more WED) first.

Hope that gives you a point to start from with your Upgrades. Overall your Character looks really solid already, and if you continue this way you will be easily cruising through the Endgame :)
Unfortunately I do not know much English, and I'm confused about something, you use two skills, one for bosses and another to clean maps ??, I do not understand very well are two different constructions or complement each other
Best build I ever played in Poe can run every mods easy t15 maps and easy t16 maps if you move a bit on bossfights ;)
High clearspeed , high movement , high survivability at higher level , super high dmg 6linked reave and got around 400-500k dps got bladeflurry 6linked with the unique helmet which is totaly enough.

So Thanks for the build gj great written guide :)

here is my gear:

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info