[3.5] Guffin's McSundae Strike | All Bosses Down | Fast and Safe Mapping | Skillchoices

Hi, I am playing this build as a level 87 and am wondering what I should upgrade to improve my character. I am still looking for one abyssal jewel so please ignore that in the PoB. I feel like I'm not doing enough damage and I don't have enough life, but I can't find any good jewelry to benefit my character.

What kind of stats on replaceable gear do you think I could improve on? Thanks.

PoB: https://pastebin.com/5iE2zHpp
Last edited by hongerdonger on Jun 18, 2018, 9:15:47 PM
This is such an incredible guide and so easy to follow. Covers every question I could think of.
Thank you for this!

Gonna level this soon, is Oni worth using to level?
livejamie
Enjoying the build so far, been going quite well.

Just ruined my 6L belly on the corruption altar though, but hopefully i can get another soon :P

Spoiler

So im down a 5L for now but hope I get lucky linking a new one soon. Hopefully my steel rings will carry the loss of the link for a while.
Just hitting guardians and looking to start upgrading gear to tackle these end game bosses. Just wondering what things you guys would upgrade first, I have a decent bit of currency, about 10ex to spend.

My first place to look is jewelry, but when I've checked steel rings have been quite pricey. Part of that may be due to all my searches including accuracy rating as well as the other damage mods, but can we really drop accuracy on any on the jewelry?
Last edited by Berto33 on Jun 19, 2018, 4:27:40 AM
"
Berto33 wrote:
Just hitting guardians and looking to start upgrading gear to tackle these end game bosses. Just wondering what things you guys would upgrade first, I have a decent bit of currency, about 10ex to spend.

My first place to look is jewelry, but when I've checked steel rings have been quite pricey. Part of that may be due to all my searches including accuracy rating as well as the other damage mods, but can we really drop accuracy on any on the jewelry?

This golden ring gives me 5k more dps compared to steel one,so yeah accuracy is needed.
Ideally helm and both rings would have some.

You could use "attacks with this weapon always hit" from master and ignore accuracy both in tree and gear.
You also can get like 400accuracy in jewels combined.
I feel pretty, Oh, so pretty,
I feel pretty, and witty and gay,
And I pity Any girl who isn’t me today!
Last edited by CAKE on Jun 19, 2018, 4:40:53 AM
Hi there guffin. very well erlitten guide.

im Loving it.

i do have 2 questions though, keep in mind i play hcssf btw which is relevant to the questions. i'm just starting the league now. the needed items will not be a Problem, as i am ssf-experienced enough to grind them out or to find out a Way to make up for the lack of them.

the questions:

1. at what point do you switch from sunder to reave? my guess would be lvl 38+ when you find a Good claw?

2. how would a non-might of the week hc tree look before uberlab. somewhere between lvl 85/90. cause i will have to live without uberlab för a while?
Builds looks nice! Are there any reason to go with slayer in SC?
"
rcoleman91 wrote:
This is such an incredible guide and so easy to follow. Covers every question I could think of.
Thank you for this!

Thanks mate, I sure hope it does :) Spent a lot of time figuring out what to include and how to cram it into the 50k letters limit.
But from time to time useful Stuff pops up as a recommendation or criticism, amd then it's time to try find more space again :D
Keep me update how it goes for you, if you have the time.

"
livejamie wrote:

Gonna level this soon, is Oni worth using to level?

Cool that you're giving it a shot. You can use it, but it's not "worth" it IMO. Just use the levelling Uniques I listed if you wanna spend some C on levelling.

"
FreddyRamsone wrote:
Hi there guffin. very well erlitten guide.

im Loving it.

Spoiler
i do have 2 questions though, keep in mind i play hcssf btw which is relevant to the questions. i'm just starting the league now. the needed items will not be a Problem, as i am ssf-experienced enough to grind them out or to find out a Way to make up for the lack of them.

the questions:

1. at what point do you switch from sunder to reave? my guess would be lvl 38+ when you find a Good claw?

2. how would a non-might of the week hc tree look before uberlab. somewhere between lvl 85/90. cause i will have to live without uberlab för a while?

You're loving it? Finally someone picks up the McDonalds Line I intended with the McFlurry :D

1: When I hit maps, like I said in the levelling Section I recommend using Sunder until then. That said, you can use other Stuff as well, and even give Reave a try. Or BF for Bosses. But from my experience Sunder is more than enough and Reave feels kinda bad in these very low levels, but I saw RaizQT test it out on Stream for levelling and it kinda worked, so you might give it a shot.

2: All the levelling trees are for the non Might Version. I will edit a level 90 Non Uberlab Tree into this post later tho (~2 hours from posting this)

"
Djengiss wrote:
Builds looks nice! Are there any reason to go with slayer in SC?

Thanks! Just to clarify, you mean the Slayer Subascendancy from Ascendant, right? Many people think that I say you go either Raider or Slayer, but this is an Ascendant Build :P
And yes, even in SC you need the Survivability from Slayer. The Build requires it. And no, a "real" Slayer wouldn't work as good for this Build.

"
Berto33 wrote:
Spoiler

"
CAKE wrote:

This golden ring gives me 5k more dps compared to steel one,so yeah accuracy is needed.
Ideally helm and both rings would have some.

You also can get like 400accuracy in jewels combined.

Don't look only for Steel Rings. Yes, they and Opals are theoretically the best Choices, but the Implicit on it's own isn't worth THAT much. You want Rings that have Phys, WED and Accuracy ideally.
Something like these: https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Incursion/3d7zR9c5v
You can compare them to your current ones in PoB really quick, just copy the Item Text with the built in Button on the Site and Edit your Rings.
Just tinker around with the Values. And yes, I also recommend getting Accuracy on Abyss Jewels like I say in the Guide.

"
hongerdonger wrote:
Hi, I am playing this build as a level 87 and am wondering what I should upgrade to improve my character. I am still looking for one abyssal jewel so please ignore that in the PoB. I feel like I'm not doing enough damage and I don't have enough life, but I can't find any good jewelry to benefit my character.

What kind of stats on replaceable gear do you think I could improve on? Thanks.

PoB: https://pastebin.com/5iE2zHpp

Gear and DPS actually look OK to me. 1.6kk Shaper DPS and 5.6k Life while mapping for Softcore seem very fine tbh.
That said, you can get a lot more Life and Damage on your Amulet. The Rings look cool, Claw and Statstick are fine (tho the Claw can be easily upgraded), and the Abyss Jewels are what you'd expect.
A Stygian Vise with like 30+% WED and good Life should give you the same or more Damage and more Life than your Darkness Enthroned Setup right now tho.
Last edited by Guffinn on Jun 19, 2018, 11:08:42 AM
Thanks for the quick reply. Do you think this dps would be enough for uber elder? I feel like I’m not leeching fast enough even in red tier maps.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info