[3.5] Guffin's McSundae Strike | All Bosses Down | Fast and Safe Mapping | Skillchoices

Hey so I decided to play this build and just today got myself to maps in HC. Therefore I switched the sunder setup to blade flurry but I encoutered some serious problems. First of all I wanna point out that I plan to stick to blade flurry only, with skipping the entire map skill setup, I know its not very efficient but I simply enjoy playing BF and Im gonna keep it as my main map and boss killing skill. I did the second lab and got slayer ascendancy, also got myself some uniques to start mapping with including : touch of anguish , starkonjas , moonbender, deceiver and carnage heart. The rest of my items are some rares with hp rolls and reses - nothing special.

Now to the key problems - although I kept the gem links as you pointed in the build ( with small adjustments to movement skill and ancestral protector) I noticed I dont really get any overleech which makes me lose a lot of hp from bloodrage inbetween enemies packs and following that I dont really benefit from damage on full life. Besides that I feel like my warlords mark doesnt work properly since I get those endurance charges very rarely.

Please somebody check my character and be so kind to tell me what should I fix in order to get this build working properly. Thank You in advance
Levelling this up and was wondering you have any suggestions for claws we should be looking for.

Looking at poe.trade there is next to no pds claws with high crit and atk speed, which stat should i be dropping to find more? or which is the most important stat to keep on my search?

thanks.

EDIT: I also see you don't really have a stat priority for jewels. Could you possibly add a section? Or give me a rough priority. I assume life > phys damage? > ele damage all abyss jewels
Last edited by bitbite11 on Jun 18, 2018, 6:40:04 AM
high phys% as possible, then flat phys, then atk spd imo. being able to craft any of the three above into 330+ dps is the goal. But 60%+ extra damage stat stick/watcher's eye conversion is what really makes a good claw shine.
Gosh this build is burning thru my wallet like crazy
Spoiler

But to get decent claw is damn impossibro

I still use this crap i found in map tier 1 or smth

I throw chaoses at

But 600chaos gone and i did not see single decent roll
not even pd+attack speed

Pretty sure next league I will play something that is not as dependant on main hand damage
maybe whispering ice spam.

I mean,i melt red elder already but it does feel like hitting brick wall comes too quick with this build. But the real downsides are clear in lab,when there are too many traps and no monsters
If you do not unequip cwdt+bloodlust and get hit by any trap you die in second
this "insane overleech" does last like 1 second and traps with timed levers are more of minute thing to solve,movement skills do get all wonky on those edgy cornes and spikes
I read somewhere that amulet with "no additional damage from bleed while moving" will help,i try it today.

I used to uber farm with RF character immune to bleed,so i m used to quite more comfortable and safer runs.

End of my personal blogpost today
I feel pretty, Oh, so pretty,
I feel pretty, and witty and gay,
And I pity Any girl who isn’t me today!
Last edited by CAKE on Jun 18, 2018, 7:44:32 AM
is this not bis effectively 60% life with addition to vaaling all your gear + it costs like 20c + average 32vaal orbs to colour
@Dntsy Have you tried Atziri's Acuity? - it solves all your INT problems + free Vaal Pact which gives you couple of free points to allocate in other places of the tree.
"
bitbite11 wrote:
Looking at poe.trade there is next to no pds claws with high crit and atk speed, which stat should i be dropping to find more? or which is the most important stat to keep on my search?

thanks.

EDIT: I also see you don't really have a stat priority for jewels. Could you possibly add a section? Or give me a rough priority. I assume life > phys damage? > ele damage all abyss jewels

There are plenty of Claws that are fine, check again :P
https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Incursion/4DQ5mvS9

I have a Stat Priority for all rare Items. Some of the Stats listed there don't work for Jewels, but then you go down to the next Stat.

"
CAKE wrote:
Gosh this build is burning thru my wallet like crazy
Spoiler

But to get decent claw is damn impossibro

I still use this crap i found in map tier 1 or smth

I throw chaoses at

But 600chaos gone and i did not see single decent roll
not even pd+attack speed

Pretty sure next league I will play something that is not as dependant on main hand damage
maybe whispering ice spam.

I mean,i melt red elder already but it does feel like hitting brick wall comes too quick with this build.

You have more than enough DPS and your Claw is fine. You Sit at 2.5kk Shaper DPS with a proper Bossing Setup while you have all Buffs up, which is enough to phase Shaper etc. instantly. And that's without a 2 Socket Lightpoacher or Bubonic Trail.
My own Character is at 1.7kk Shaper DPS, and that's with a god damn 1 Alch Wasp Nest and no Watchers Eye or Stat Stick :D This build certainly doesn't depend on a sick Claw to do Content.

Don't say it's draining your Wallet when you just Chaos Spam the Claw :P
Obviously you can get lucky, but that's even more gambling than regular crafting. You are throwing away that currency. I would recommend you to just buy one if you're unhappy.
That said, you are far from hitting a brick wall in terms of Upgrades.
Both your Rings and your Amulet are pretty trash on the offensive Side. Look for upgrades there first if you need to.

"
CAKE wrote:
But the real downsides are clear in lab,when there are too many traps and no monsters
If you do not unequip cwdt+bloodlust and get hit by any trap you die in second
this "insane overleech" does last like 1 second and traps with timed levers are more of minute thing to solve,movement skills do get all wonky on those edgy cornes and spikes
I read somewhere that amulet with "no additional damage from bleed while moving" will help,i try it today.

I used to uber farm with RF character immune to bleed,so i m used to quite more comfortable and safer runs.

I explicitly state that this is not a dedicated or incredibly good Uber Lab farmer :P
You can be really fast if you know the layouts and Leapslam around with Brightbeak+Prismatic Eclipse, and if your Movement Skills get "wonky" that's a matter of practice. Plenty of people farm Uber Lab with Leapslam.
Also, a Staunching Flask takes Care of all your Bleed Problems. You just gotta remember to press it.

I never experienced my Overleech failing me in Uberlab, just kill a whole pack before a Trap Sequence and don't mess up during the traps. That said, I also recommend 2 Blood of the Karui in the Guide. These Flasks are completely insane for Lab.

And yes, there are plenty builds that are way safer for Uber Lab. I just wanted to point out that this can do Uber Lab plenty fine, and I myself never had any problems.

"
alypaa wrote:
is this not bis effectively 60% life with addition to vaaling all your gear + it costs like 20c + average 32vaal orbs to colour

Have fun with getting additional 120% Resistances then :P
Also, corrupting your GG gear and maybe bricking it sucks.

"
Collento wrote:
@Dntsy Have you tried Atziri's Acuity? - it solves all your INT problems + free Vaal Pact which gives you couple of free points to allocate in other places of the tree.

Ye, it's cool. That said, fixing the INT never was a problem for me, you only need 40.
Also, no 3 Points that you gain can replace the damage Tombfist offers.

"
Gasikowo wrote:
Hey so I decided to play this build and just today got myself to maps in HC.
Spoiler
Therefore I switched the sunder setup to blade flurry but I encoutered some serious problems. First of all I wanna point out that I plan to stick to blade flurry only, with skipping the entire map skill setup, I know its not very efficient but I simply enjoy playing BF and Im gonna keep it as my main map and boss killing skill. I did the second lab and got slayer ascendancy, also got myself some uniques to start mapping with including : touch of anguish , starkonjas , moonbender, deceiver and carnage heart. The rest of my items are some rares with hp rolls and reses - nothing special.

Now to the key problems - although I kept the gem links as you pointed in the build ( with small adjustments to movement skill and ancestral protector) I noticed I dont really get any overleech which makes me lose a lot of hp from bloodrage inbetween enemies packs and following that I dont really benefit from damage on full life. Besides that I feel like my warlords mark doesnt work properly since I get those endurance charges very rarely.

Please somebody check my character and be so kind to tell me what should I fix in order to get this build working properly. Thank You in advance

If you wanna play/map with BF because you think it's cool, go with Inc AoE for mapping instead of Conc Effect. And maybe replace Ele Focus with Inc Crit Strikes because not being able to Freeze while mapping sucks.
You don't get Endurance Charges because your Herald of Ice doesn't work, as you have Ele Focus linked. With Ele Focus you can't Freeze stuff, and so Stuff doesn't shatter and you won't get Endu Charges.

Get Soul Raker ASAP.
Also, Leech gets stronger the more HP you have. Currently you're sitting at 4.4k, which is so-so but worked for me for my overleech. No idea what keeps you back on that front.

"
Astakor wrote:
Hey!

Thank you for the build! Super fun to play. Currently I am level 91, with all frenzy charges and mostly the whole setup, just need to upgrade the belly to 6L.

I am struggling a little bit on guardians and shaper with it, and I don´t know what is going on, except the 6L, when I have tried with a Tabula, but it happens too...

Spoiler
Could you check it and let me know any improvements could I do? I know the abyss jewels are lacking maybe +10 life, and my gems could be 20/20...maybe is worth to sell the Tempest Binding and buy other mayor improvements? :) Also note I usually play with 1-2 more persons.

1-2 more Persons means a significant increase in Boss/Mob HP if you truly do it together. If the others lack in DPS, that will be noticeable.

That said, your Shaper DPS sucks balls at 500k compared to your level of gear.
Your Stat Stick CAN NOT be a Claw Dagger or Sword. BF will use those to attack as well and the horrible Phys DPS on stat sticks pulls your DPS down.
Simply going for a Moonbender's or Death's Hand (for the Unholy Might) would be a DPS upgrade.
Simply a WHITE SAMBAR SCEPTRE is a 30k DPS upgrade over your Stat Stick.
Get a Sceptre as a Stat Stick ASAP.

Also, your Claw is pretty bad. A well rolled (25/25 and 160+) Wasp Nest would be equal.
The other Rares look pretty good to me for now :)

Last edited by Guffinn on Jun 18, 2018, 11:01:54 AM
Havent had too much time to play this league but although my gear is failry mediocre the mapping and bossing has been great. Really been enjoying the quick gameplay of this build so far and really am looking forward to how the endgame will be. Definately will be upgrading some gear once I can and pushing this build.

Spoiler
Hey!

Thank you for the reply!

I have changed the offhand to this sceptre, hope it is better now.
I didnt know that claws or swords were not suppose to be used as a offhand :)

I will change my main claw when I save a little bit haha :)

Thanks!
"
ElFrancos wrote:
Havent had too much time to play this league but although my gear is failry mediocre the mapping and bossing has been great. Really been enjoying the quick gameplay of this build so far and really am looking forward to how the endgame will be. Definately will be upgrading some gear once I can and pushing this build.

Spoiler

Hey, cool to hear that you're enjoying it :)

Gear looks very good as a starting Point! Just remember to replace the Deceiver as you get Intimidate from Tombfist, so the Belt really doesn't offer much anymore. A good rare Belt with WED, 80+ Life and more Res should be cheap to get.
Upgrading the Amulet and Ring a bit should be cheap as well. People seem to forget these very often.

"
Astakor wrote:
Hey!

Thank you for the reply!

I have changed the offhand to this sceptre, hope it is better now.
I didnt know that claws or swords were not suppose to be used as a offhand :)
Spoiler

I will change my main claw when I save a little bit haha :)

Thanks!

Obviously it's better, like I said: even a white sceptre with just the ele pen Implicit would've been better :P
Keep me updated if you struggle or something, I can probably take a closer look in the future.

Played myself a bit today, got to lvl 94 and finally bothered to make some Upgrades:

Sitting at, for the SC Variant, very comfortable 6207 HP while mapping and 3.2kk Shaper DPS fully buffed.
Pretty happy with my progress, even tho I didn't play a lot. A lucky Bisco's Drop from Vagans Daily helped out tho :P First good drop this league, so I feel it's deserved.

When I find time in the next few days, I'm gonna switch to farming Shaped Underground Seas to 95 and upgrade a bit more Gear. Setting up a proper Bossing Set with Lightpoacher etc.

Now it's back to the bed, woke up randomly and decided to share this.
Last edited by Guffinn on Jun 18, 2018, 9:05:49 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info