[3.4] 100% Ele Res - RF Pathfinder - EZ Uber Atziri, Shaper, Elder, Chayula...

Hi Shinrha, I was going to make a build post in this forum, but I saw your character is pretty similar to mine in terms of defense.

But I have some pretty significant differences in terms of Offense, and I'd like to share.

Check out Sawnick, my level 92 Pathfinder.

She is a trapper that uses Slavedriver's hands, which gives us Bloodmagic for all trap skills.

There is some flexibility in trap selections, but I've gone with Arc Traps for clear, and flamethrower trap + bear trap for single target (arc traps can still ignite for bonus flamethrower damage). I'm also using Vaal Impurity of Fire to remove their fire resist.

Usually I have a vaal lightning trap to shock, but I'm trying out RF at the moment instead. Fire Trap is also more damage than arc, but doesn't really clear as well.

I have 79% Chaos Resist, and either 99% or 100% ele resist. I find that having Life Regeneration is helpful against the degens we are vulnerable to, so i have a Stone Golem and some life regen nodes.

I'm wondering if I switch to Scorching Ray/RF if I would have more damage..
"
Biggest damage upgrade is using Concentrated effect insteaf of inc AoE. As soon as you have Inpulsa + Vinktar I would stop using increased AoE entirely and always use Conc.

Besides that link Blood Rage, Blood Magic, Orb of Storm and Increased Crit Strike in your helmet.

Move your Immortal Call into your Shield and link it with Cast When Damage taken(lvl 1) and quality elemental weakness (lvl 5).

In the open sockets you gained you could link Blood Magic + Leap Slam, that will save you a lot of time in maps and incursions.

Put quality on all of your flasks besides Divination Distillate and use a normal Sulphur Flask or Amethyst Flask with curse immunity for mapping.

I would also suggest to get a Phys taken as Ele Saffels instead of Ahn's until you get a T1 flask effect + reduced charges used belt. Until then use a belt with high life, 18%+ reduced charges used and crafted flask duration. The reason to use ahn's is that it has higher life than saffels, but usually we end up having not so much life on a crafted elder leather belt, so in your case you dont lose much life.

After those changes it's just the usual stuff: get more life and quality on your gems ;)

Thanks for your awesome reply. I am working on getting that together today and am gonna spend some time mapping. One more quick question, what flask do you swap out for sulphur/amythyst while you're mapping w/ vinktars + inpulsas?
I use Amethyst/Atziri's Promise (only atziri flask with corrupting blood immunity jewel and bloodgrip to drop bleed immunity) for mapping. If you dont want to use those... granite or witchfire brew i guess.
thanks for the detailed answer. bought new boots for bossing just did deathless uber elder. the fight was very smooth and easy. thanks a lot for this great build.
"
Seeders wrote:
Hi Shinrha, I was going to make a build post in this forum, but I saw your character is pretty similar to mine in terms of defense.

But I have some pretty significant differences in terms of Offense, and I'd like to share.

Check out Sawnick, my level 92 Pathfinder.

She is a trapper that uses Slavedriver's hands, which gives us Bloodmagic for all trap skills.

There is some flexibility in trap selections, but I've gone with Arc Traps for clear, and flamethrower trap + bear trap for single target (arc traps can still ignite for bonus flamethrower damage). I'm also using Vaal Impurity of Fire to remove their fire resist.

Usually I have a vaal lightning trap to shock, but I'm trying out RF at the moment instead. Fire Trap is also more damage than arc, but doesn't really clear as well.

I have 79% Chaos Resist, and either 99% or 100% ele resist. I find that having Life Regeneration is helpful against the degens we are vulnerable to, so i have a Stone Golem and some life regen nodes.

I'm wondering if I switch to Scorching Ray/RF if I would have more damage..

Sorry for late reply. It looks like a good variations while keeping the defensive layers. Going to RF/SR will probably lower your damage since out of almost all rf builds pathfinder is on the lower end.
will be my race starter build. :)
Last edited by dollygm on Jul 26, 2018, 9:13:17 PM
What about going CI/ES for this build to be chaos immune? not enough ES for RF damage I am guessing? You can pretty much be damage immune.
Welp, I ripped finally. Was standing in the middle of an Abyss feeling invincible, when a Nullifier popped out and I exploded. I honestly didn't know that mod even existed...

I was doing insane damage though, with flamethrower trap and fire traps. If I had been more careful to the very few achilles heels this build has, I could have easily done most content in the game.

Also check out the belt I crafted on Sawnick just before dying :(

Last edited by Seeders on Jul 28, 2018, 8:51:01 PM
"
Seeders wrote:
Welp, I ripped finally. Was standing in the middle of an Abyss feeling invincible, when a Nullifier popped out and I exploded. I honestly didn't know that mod even existed...

I was doing insane damage though, with flamethrower trap and fire traps. If I had been more careful to the very few achilles heels this build has, I could have easily done most content in the game.

Also check out the belt I crafted on Sawnick just before dying :(

Yeah Nullifier is the most scary thing while mapping. It removes all active flask effects.
The belt looks decent, but usually reduced flask charges takes priority and to a certian degree one reason to get a flask effect belt is to be able to use ahn's heritage instead of saffells frame to get more life. When using saffells you could buy a belt with 130+ life, reduced flask charges used and crafted flask duration.
Hey guys,

if anybody plays this build on STD, i just created this nice belt, which might be interesting for you:

Mirror thread is at the following link:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2191198

Feel free to contact me if you are interested :)

Have a nice day!

"There are worlds that lie beyond the edge of my page, the edge of my understanding. Worlds of wonder. Worlds of terror." Aramil - Cartographer to Emperor Chitus

2018 Fan Art Contest Top 20: view-thread/2186731 ||| 2014 T-Shirt Contest Winner: view-thread/759460 ||| "Lost Worlds" Div Card Creator

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info