[3.2] BOW ELEMENTALIST Lightning Arrow | Barrage

Hello and welcome to my (first) guide for my Elementalist Archer!

Introduction
Spoiler
- Are you looking for another alternative to the already existing builds for the elementalist, but miss an archer in the list?

- Do you want good clear speed, good boss damage and the fact that the Elementalist Ascendancy is busted for everything elemental related?

- Do you like playing Tornado Shot/Lightning Arrow, but are tired of making a 7th Deadeye/Raider?

Well then this Guide is for you!

This guide features the following points:

• Pros/Cons
  • Items
  • Gem Setups
  • Ascendancy points/Skilltree
  • Character
  • Leveling

Pros/Cons

PROS
Spoiler
- Good boss damage
- Very solid clear speed
- With Belly over 5k life
- The fact that you play a bow character as a witch
- CRIT ICEY EXPLOSIONS

CONS
Spoiler
- Not the fastest moving build (no Tailwind/Movement from Deadeye/Raider)
- Skilltree is pretty much stretched all over the right side
- Not the cheapest to keep it strong in the endgame
- Queen of the Forest needs even more investments
- Cannot run no leech maps and phys/ele reflect

Items

My current (Standard) gear:
Spoiler

The items listed are not the cheapest and did cost me around 25ex.

Items you could use for a somewhat budget:
Spoiler

Death's Opus can carry you all the way from Act 5 to Blood Aqueduct, because of it's 2 additional arrows and good crit base.
Lioneye's Glare is even 6l cheaper than the bow I bought and waaaay cheaper as the bow I want to buy (20ex).
A 5l Belly is fine too, put your LA setup into it.
Starkonja's is cheap in standard, but when you play in a new league, a rare helmet is fine too.
A rare belt can give you all the stuff you can get from a Styg Belt, too, the Styg Belt just gives us another opportunity to increase our damage.
If you can get your hands on a rare 5l or 6l Body Armour it's fine, too, but you're sacrificing some life.
Atziri's Promise is a flask that fits very well in this setup, but I do not have space for it. You can replace the Dying Sun/Vinktar's with it.

Gem Setups

Barrage - GMP - Added Lightning - Inc Crit Dmg - Faster Attacks - Ele Dmg w. Attacks

LA - Added Lightning - Phys to Lightning - GMP - Inc Crit Strikes/Dmg - Ele Dmg w. Attacks

Wrath - Herald of Thunder - Enlighten

Blink Arrow - Faster Attacks

Herald of Ice - CoH - Assassin's Mark

Summon Ice Golem - Blood Rage

The missing 3l because of a quiver makes it somewhat difficult to get space for a CWDT setup. If you can fit it in, the better for you.

Ascendancy Points/Skilltree

Spoiler

You want to take Pendulum of Destruction and Mastermind of Discord first, because it gives us the most damage output.

Character

AS A BANDIT WE PICK ALIRA FOR THE CRIT MULTI AND NICE RESISTS

• this picture was taken in my hideout, with no flasks active and no charges/golem

Barrage PoB:

Lightning Arrow PoB:

PoB link: https://pastebin.com/UZt19pDx PoB link

Leveling

Spoiler
- Use Freezing Pulse/Fire Trap until lvl 12

Items used: 2x Lifesprig, Goldrim, Wanderlust

- Switch to LA and equip the Storm Cloud Bow

Spoiler
Skilltree should look like this with norm and cruel lab: https://pastebin.com/B8r5X4gw

Items used: Storm Cloud, Tabula Rasa, Wanderlust, Goldrim, Rare Gear

- Keep upgrading your stuff until you can get your hands on a Death's Opus at lvl 44

Spoiler
Skilltree should look like this then: https://pastebin.com/h5VwEJPq
With Death's Opus you can invest heavy into crit, because the bow carries you pretty much even after blood aqueduct.

Items used: Death's Opus, Goldrim, Rare Botts with 15% - 20% Mov. Speed, Rare Gear

- Farm Blood Aqueduct to get to your lv for the final gear

Spoiler
Skilltree should look like this, when you switch to your "final" gear: https://pastebin.com/ET4gTx8d

Items used: Death's Opus/Lioneye's Glare, Starkonja's, Rare Boots, Rare Crit Quiver, Belly of the Beast, Amulet for stats/dmg, rings to cap resists

- at lvl 80 get your hands on Opal Rings with resists and ele dmg with attacks, they will boost your dmg

Conclusion

Wall of text (be warned..)
Spoiler

After I played a Blade Vortex Elementalist with Shroud of the Lightless and Mathil's Shield Charge Elementalist I wanted to try ANOTHER ONE (dead meme alert), but with bows instead to prove myself that the Elementalist is busted with dmg right now (even though everyone hated the rework for this specific ascendancy right after release).
I am at lvl 87 now, wich is nothing, but it goes really well, I can kill all the stuff I want pretty much safe and deathless (something needs some kiting, but what doesn't?)
It is not the fastest moving build, as said above, wich might get some people off of the idea to try this one, but the damage is really solid and much better than I thought it would be.

Is this build good as a leaguestarter? Hell no. It is expensive and if you want to level this build with LA right from lvl 12 on you have to buy all the gems (like literally almost all the gems) with another character from the act 6 NPC.
Is it fun? Oh yes. The Elementalist, even though I was never a witch fan, has turned into my favorite Ascendancy so far, because you can cover pretty much everything outside of Chaos and Minions (exept golems) with.

I have/had a lot of fun with it, even though the idea of this purely came, because I couldn't find a nice ele bow build for the witch..

You can message me in the forum or just leave a comment below, if you have any questions or ideas for improvement. Until then, I wish you good luck and fun with this or your version of the build. :))

Things to come:

Videos

Updates:

22.05.2018 Leveling trees
Last edited by il00minadi on May 22, 2018, 2:46:34 PM
Last bumped on May 22, 2018, 2:17:09 PM
Ah very well

Have fun collecting 20 ex, Exile!
"
Ah very well

hmmmmm..... :th0nk:

"
Is this build good as a leaguestarter? Hell no. It is expensive[...]
"
Knatja wrote:
Ah very well

It's not like you need 20 ex to make shit work. You can start with mediocre gear and upgrade it after time. Don't know why people still don't unterstand this.
Hello I have a question.
Missing PoB link
Also I looked up the character profile and imported it to PoB. It genuinely baffles me as to how he gets 1.4m Barrage DPS because I literally ticked everything that gives a boost to dmg, including all 21/20 gems and yes even fucking Tailwind. Barely got over 1m
Last edited by wardetu on May 2, 2018, 11:50:14 AM
"
Missing PoB link
Also I looked up the character profile and imported it to PoB. It genuinely baffles me as to how he gets 1.4m Barrage DPS because I literally ticked everything that gives a boost to dmg, including all 21/20 gems and yes even fucking Tailwind. Barely got over 1m

https://pastebin.com/UZt19pDx the PoB link
Most people would like to find the PoB link easily in the main post, and would not be able to find it in a comment farther down the guide itself. You may consider adding it to the main thread.

In general, I dislike build guide titles that are just claims of dps numbers achieved through PoB. Things that you consider as acceptable for your setup, others may not. For example, the tick box for 'enemy is shocked' in your PoB. Yes, you are shocking your targets consistently with Beacon of Ruin, however that is a 22% shock (base, +/- w/ mods) and PoB's tickbox for such is a solid 50%. There's a misunderstood and often misused 28% more damage mod there that is potentially not being met.

A solid way to overcome it is to calculate what your shock amount total would be to edit one of your items, say amulet, with the line:
"
Enemies you taunt take x% increased damage"
where x is your sum shock amount, and then enable the 'enemy taunted' box. This will produce a real shock increased damage taken number.

Other things to consider: Having all targets at a distance of 1 for Point Blank consideration might seem innocent enough, but is completely unreasonable.

I look forward to your thoughts and any potential changes you wish to make to the build. I've added it as is to the listing, however, please do not think that I believe the aforementioned issues as unimportant.

The build works as-is, despite your claims. That is why it is added. It's a pretty good build. +1 from me on that.

Cheers
Hot Flashes: poeurl.com/bPZT
Balance: poeurl.com/btzp
Shocking EleHit: poeurl.com/bZXo
"
Most people would like to find the PoB link easily in the main post, and would not be able to find it in a comment farther down the guide itself. You may consider adding it to the main thread.

In general, I dislike build guide titles that are just claims of dps numbers achieved through PoB. Things that you consider as acceptable for your setup, others may not. For example, the tick box for 'enemy is shocked' in your PoB. Yes, you are shocking your targets consistently with Beacon of Ruin, however that is a 22% shock (base, +/- w/ mods) and PoB's tickbox for such is a solid 50%. There's a misunderstood and often misused 28% more damage mod there that is potentially not being met.

A solid way to overcome it is to calculate what your shock amount total would be to edit one of your items, say amulet, with the line:
"
Enemies you taunt take x% increased damage"
where x is your sum shock amount, and then enable the 'enemy taunted' box. This will produce a real shock increased damage taken number.

Other things to consider: Having all targets at a distance of 1 for Point Blank consideration might seem innocent enough, but is completely unreasonable.

I look forward to your thoughts and any potential changes you wish to make to the build. I've added it as is to the listing, however, please do not think that I believe the aforementioned issues as unimportant.

The build works as-is, despite your claims. That is why it is added. It's a pretty good build. +1 from me on that.

Cheers

Thank you very much for your input and adding my build into your list!

I've put the PoB link into the guide (the direct link) and will see what I can change to make the damage output somewhat reasonable. Again, thank you for this.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info