Trickster Essence Drain MoM 3.3 SSF/HC/LEAGUE STARTER "ALL CONTENT"

Good day for all who are reading this guide. First of all I introduce myself, my name is Stan and I'm from Argentina (if you're looking at this guide in English it's thanks to google). I have a Youtube channel where I usually upload guides and gameplays only from the Path of Exile and at the same time I launched as a streamer on Twitch recently, I am streaming every day about 10 hours.

Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtt9NJcM4uGp5KaNn4r3fsw?view_as=subscriber

Twitch Channel: https://www.twitch.tv/stantherealgaming

[Removed by Support]

Today I bring you an Essence Drain Shadow Trickster guide for version 3.2, created entirely by me for SSF. It is a variation of the Ghazzy guide that is very good, but improved a lot and without needing a single unique (only two are pretty good and are very easy to obtain even in SSF). I play it on Bestiary in the Xbox One and reach level 97 making all the content of the game without any problem, given the large amount of EHP and Mana Regen we have.

Lets Start:

Why i should use this build?

1- Excellent Clear Speed
2- Very good from start, leveling process is amazing
3- Doesnt require any unique and is HC and SSF viable of course
4- Amazing league starter, you can farm to level 100 with this and gain a lot of currency cause this build doesnt need it
5- Excellent Uber Lab farmer

Have any con?

The single target is not Blade Flurry 7 million DPS, but you can do all content in the game. The only thing you need to practice is positioning in battle, if the boss battle have any minion and you can kill it you have the boss battle gained cause you have insane regen. You can put whiter totem and hit with ED and move, repeat until death.

PS: You can use allelopathy with Blight setup for more Single DPS, but i dont like to stay in melee range (especially in HC), so i dont use it. If you do, you gain a lot of DPS and is a good and viable option.

Pantheon Choices:

Major God: Soul of Lunaris (upgrade for dodge, avoid projectile damage and avoid projectile that have chained)

Minor God: Soul of Garukhan (upgrade for movement speed)

Bandits:

Kill them all for +2 skill points

PoB Link:

https://pastebin.com/3A13Mgqw

Here you have all the items (pretty normal ones) and gem setup, with normal jewels too. You can improve a lot the DPS if you have currency and play in trade league.

Skill-gems and Gear:

Chest: Rare with LIFE/MANA/RES or CLOAK OF DEFIANCE (Cloak of defiance is a huge improvement for our build)

ESSENCE DRAIN + VOID MANIPULATION + CONTROLLED DESTRUCTION + SWIFT AFFLICTION + EFFICACY + EMPOWER LVL3 / DECAY

Remove Empower LVL 3 or DECAY if you are in 5 link.

Helm: Rare with LIFE/MANA/RES (Deicide Mask or Pure Evasion base coloring with jeweller trick)

CONTAGION + FASTER CASTING + INCREASE AREA OF EFFECT + ARCANE SURGE LVL 10

Shield: Rare with LIFE/MANA/RES (Spiked Shield base for mana or Imperial Bucker with 1300+ evasion for 6% movespeed)

SHIELD CHARGE + FASTER ATTACKS + FORTIFY

Weapon: DECAY DAGGER or BREATH OF THE COUNCIL (You can get Breath of the Council making the profecies but a Decay Dagger maked with a Essence of Delirium are awesome too and you can have mana and attack speed for better clearspeed)

CLARITY + IMMORTAL CALL LVL1 + CAST WHEN DAMAGE TAKEN LVL1

Gloves: Rare with LIFE/MANA/RES (Murder Mitts or Pure Evasion base coloring with jeweller trick)

WITHER + FASTER CASTING + SPELL TOTEM + INCREASED DURATION

Boots: Rare with LIFE/MANA/RES (Two toned base EVA/ES are great)

CAST WHEN DAMAGE TAKEN + STONE GOLEM + DESPAIR

Amulet: Atziri's Foible or Rare crafted with ENVY essence for chaos damage with LIFE/MANA/RES.

Rings: Rare crafted with ENVY essence for chaos damage in Two-Stone ring base with LIFE/MANA/RES.

Belt: Leather Belt with LIFE/RES or BISCO'S LEASH for RAMPAGE. STYGIAN'S VISE is a great option too if you have an OP Jewel.

Flasks: Two Hybrid for LIFE/MANA heal + STIBNITE + JADE + QUICKSILVER (Look for Curse/Bleed/Freeze removal and increase duration in utility ones and panicked in the healing ones)

Jewels: LIFE + CHAOS DAMAGE or DAMAGE OVER TIME (Any extra is awesome)

Skill tree and Ascendancy:

Skill tree: https://goo.gl/58DURZ

Ascendancy: First start with WEAVE THE ARCANE for taking MoM and forget about dying, second you can get SWIFT KILLER for speed leveling and then PATIENT REAPER and PROLONGED PAIN.

Leveling tips:

Start with Fire Trap + Freezing pulse looking for a BBG wand. Get a Void Manipulation gem and sell it with the wand (have to be magic) for +1 chaos gem level wand.

You can go with ESSENCE DRAIN + BLIGHT + VOID MANIPULATION and use CONTAGION till you get the others gems.

Pick six more ESSENCE DRAIN when you can and put it in the second weapon slot for leveling, so when the 6 go to level 20, you can try to make level 21 one at least. Level 21 ED is a great DPS booster.

For EMPOWER LVL3 if you are in SSF you need to wait for one drop, i have like 7 empower drops in 5 days of play, but someones doesnt have any one. You can always use DECAY instead. If you are in trade league and dont want to spend a lot, you can buy like 6 empowers level 1 and level to 2, then corrupt all of them until get someone to level 3 (in first days of league only, then the level 3 ones are pretty cheap).

Some variations:

You can go for +3 chaos +2 gems staff using flame dash instead shield charge and losing some defences for more single target DPS.

You can go for dual curse removing one jewel slot and get enfeeble for more defensive setup.

//Stan
Last edited by Stacey_GGG on Aug 1, 2018, 11:04:49 PM
Last bumped on Aug 18, 2018, 9:26:16 PM
Tomorrow i will add some changes like droping one jewel slot and taking dual curse for enfeeble.
First

May i ask you, is the 100k dps in pob real?How far i can go with that dps?
"
dd0044 wrote:
First

May i ask you, is the 100k dps in pob real?How far i can go with that dps?

Its pretty real, you can look in PoB and all the items are pretty common, are my SSF items in the xbox one and the DoT dps is like this. You can get a lot of more DPS if you use Blight setup with allelopathy gloves, but i dont use it cause i play in hardcore and dont wanna stay in melee range.

You can get a better jewels of course, mine are garbage.
Updated some colors for better reading experience, and adding some changes. Leveling tree coming soon.
I modify 3 nodes for more mana
I'm going to use this in HCSSF Flashback. I've never played SSF before so I'll propably just die miserably but out of the builds I've looked up in the last 30 minutes this seems to be the most interesting one. Thanks!
--------------------------------------
Dudes need their beauty sleep too
--------------------------------------
i'm going to use race starter too.never played ED toon before so it's gonne be fun...atleast i hope so :)
Same here, ty for the guide - will talk about it lateron
Gonna try this out for the race now :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info