Skill Revamps - Part 4

"
de99ial wrote:
Question. This:
"
The Ancestral Call Support can no longer support Vaal skills. The same is still true of Multistrike Support and Spell Echo Support. This is something we'll reassess in future, but at the moment duplicating Vaal skill effects causes too many technical, performance and balance problems.

They wont suppoert Vall version of skill or vall gems overall?

Wording seems to indicate only vaal, but it could go both ways.

Worst case scenario, this is still a m a z i n g !
These look cool. Is it just me or does Double Strike look insanely strong if its numbers stay the same and then the bleed bonus is applied on top of it?
"
These look cool. Is it just me or does Double Strike look insanely strong if its numbers stay the same and then the bleed bonus is applied on top of it?

true. im very curious how many doubles you'd end up being able to get. its definitely one i'd want to be playing around with.
"
SonicPLD2 wrote:
"
NessOnett8 wrote:
"
SonicPLD2 wrote:
ANYWAY the game is still in "almost dead" state after the unimaginable killing of 90% of the builds in PoE 3.0 turning the list on the possible and meaningful builds - a single digit number out of four digit number.

Are you high?

There literally has never been more build variety than exists right now. ESPECIALLY compared to the time you're referring to where there was all of one viable build.

I rarely replying to new players, but I am in a mod for exceptions since this news, and here my reply:
1) Nope.
2) The meaningful build diversity decreased with about 96%.
3) You have to play more.

that's a very well-thought-out, scientific response. Well done.
Last edited by Ahhzz_POE on May 3, 2018, 8:59:17 AM
Question
how will the new vaal skills work with trigger (if at all)
for example i currently have an arc linked in a poets pen
if i were to replace that with a vaal arc gem would the arc still get triggered and if it does would the vaal arc get triggered when its charged?
or would neither skill be triggered and the non vaal comonent of the vaal skill be forced to be self cast like the vaal skill itself?
"
"
daaviid78 wrote:
Very interesting.

But, will there be enough space to map the skills? We only have eight to use, and that is not enough sometimes. After this change to Vaal skills we will have even more skills to map out?

Maybe have two different setups to switch between? Or more skillslots or whatever they're called.

Pliz gimme more fingerz too

"
Scryer16 wrote:
How about corrupted armour with + 2 Vaal skill gem?

Best bet would be that they merge "+# to lvl of socketed gems" with "+# to lvl of socketed vaal gems" and items just don't care whether the skill has an vaal version or not, they get the bonus anyways, and both versions ofc.

But time will tell..

I honestly hope they don't change it as there are some "+# to socketed vaal gems" which worth quite some currency and it would be sad to remove the divergence.

So, you are having a hard time to reach more than eight keys on your keyboard? Tough break. But don't give up so easy.
"
Bex_GGG wrote:
Vaal Skill Gems now grant the regular and the Vaal version of the skill. This is to remove the socket pressure that Vaal skills suffered from, so you no longer have to give up an Aura, Herald, Triggered Skill or a well-linked secondary skill, and you can justify using a Vaal gem in your best set of linked sockets.

This is really cool, but will you do anything about the inability to get a level 21 vaal skill with quality? Do vaal skills really need to be corrupted? It seems silly to make this possible without addressing that a spell main skill setup would lose way too much not being able to have level 21.

Edit: thanks for killing my vfb build i was going to do in the new league since ignite might do more than zero damage
Life will be technically better Soon TM
Last edited by waskely on May 3, 2018, 3:51:16 PM
Absolutely love the changes!

Some immediate problems though

Not all gems supported on one skill version would be supported on the other (vaal vs norm). For example the concept you have for Vaal Double Strike & Vaal Lightning Strike are cool (I REALLY LIKE), however the vaal versions have durations, the normal versions do not. You already addressed the issue with regards to Vaal Storm Call (though i liked increasing its duration.....). The same can be said for support gems that just outright don't work with vaal versions (echo, spell cascade, splash, multistrike, ancestral call).

State of Beyond Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3441741

State of Blight Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3470384

State of Harbinger Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3473629
Make cyclone a channeling please please please please.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssthIIrJQio
My first UberElder Hardcore attempt.
reading the vaal spectral throw skill and seeing the words doubled it multiple times reminded me of that diablo 3 video when the creater was like and then we doubled it

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info