3.2 LIGHTPOACHER AUTOBOMBER! SPEED! FAST! 2.6K HP AT LVL 95!!!(?!)

So, this is basically a build dedicated to one thing: speed. The build could quite easily get 4K+ life without sacrificing much, but I went full meme mode. I'll include PoBs for both versions. The 4K version is perfectly capable of getting to 100 or something like that, but neither version will be killing Guardians or Shaper. Well, it might be possible, but that's certainly not what the build was designed for. It was designed for speed farming.

First, here's some videos so you can see if you're interested (sorry for shitty quality, never recorded before):

Spoiler

T14 Shaped Estuary:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xhbf8I_oP_s

T11 Shaped Underground Sea:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbufjdvoWuU

T8 Shaped Burial Chambers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iZSp6SK0U4

Also, credit to the streamer Baked Chicken, since his build inspired this one.

PoB (set bandit to Alira):

2.6K life, 9.11 attack rate shield charge: https://pastebin.com/r7w0Lzut

4.2K life, 8.48 attack rate shield charge: https://pastebin.com/wUKfsp6b

Concept of the build:

We use a 6L Herald of Ice in a Coming Calamity to chain-shatter whole screens. Lightpoacher with a ton of proj speed scaling is the delivery system. Everyone knows how powerful corpse exploding can be, but Herald of Ice remains unique in that it's the only corpse popper that can chain itself. Bleed explosions can't cause bleed and Inpulsa explosions can't shock, but Herald of Ice CAN freeze, and with enough damage and crit, it can chain indefinitely.

Gear and links:

Spoiler

Core of the build. This is what does most of our clearing. The +1 corruption isn't necessary. A regular 6L is fine, just use Hypothermia or Added Cold instead of Empower.

As the delivery system we use:

This helm got nerfed hard, but it's still pretty good with significant investment. GMP and Faster Proj are mandatory, but the third gem is variable. I use Pierce for T11+, but for T3-T8 Burials, I use Chain:

Quality gives more proj speed, but cuts your damage by a lot. In T11+, you might struggle to oneshot on maps with monster life or ele resist. Pierce works much better in those situations because it has a positive multiplier to proj damage.

To scale our Lightpoacher, we use:

Along with a bunch of proj speed on the passive tree and even on a jewel or two. You need at least 100% proj speed for Lightpoacher to even be usable, but you can get up to 199% if you min-max. 150-170% is fine for the most part.

To start our chain we use:

We don't scale accuracy, but as you can see from the video's, it's no problem. With so much dex, you have a decent-ish chance to hit anyway.

For extra damage we use:

A vital part of any clear speed build that uses a shield. But in order to get the bonus, we need lightning damage somewhere so we can shock. That's where our ring comes in:

Assassin's Mark is very useful and the lightning damage to spells gives a bit of lightning damage to the Lightpoacher, Shield Charge, and Glacial Cascade, and all it takes is one shocked enemy to die to give lightning damage to the Herald. If you can't get an Assassin Mark ring with lightning damage, just stick Added Lightning into your Herald links, or even in the Glacial Cascade.

For single target we use:

It's not a huge amount of DPS, but it's enough for any relevant map boss or red beast. It also triggers the Glacial Cascade in our Cospris.

Just regular quant boots. Leech enchant is big for qol. Portal and Flame Dash can be replaced with CWDT + Immortal Call, but I wouldn't bother tbh unless going for 100 or something.

And last but not least:

Mostly just for the haste auras and stuff. Otherwise not huge deal. I wouldn't even say it's mandatory, although I had one before I even started the build, so I never played without it. The str and dex are super useful too.

These are our flasks. They all basically speak for themselves. If you need a health flask, you can swap out the Sulphur or Quicksilver. Just make sure to have freeze, bleed, and curse immunity.

Abyss Jewels:

I recommend a total of five, or maybe four. You shouldn't need more than five or so Spirit Burst Charges. What you're looking for mostly is to fix resists. Other than that, Abyss Jewels are pretty shitty for this build. Life is the only prefix we benefit from (unless you count cold damage to attacks) and Attack Speed on Crit is a mandatory suffix. Try to get the max roll of 8%. For the other suffix you can either get resists or crit multi.

Proj speed jewels:

These aren't entirely necessary, but two jewels with 8% proj speed each gives your Lightpoacher just a little bit extra juice. It needs all the help it can get after the nerf. I wouldn't bother with anymore than two, though.

Regular jewels:

Jewels like these are super expensive (if you can even find any) but 2X attack speed and 2X multi would be fine too. You could even get life if you wanted. It's up to personal preference. I wanted to go super fast, so I got as much attack speed as I could.

This is also super important. I'm pretty sure the build is playable without it, but it should definitely be top of your list.

Leveling:

I leveled with Poet's Pens and swapped at 75. Here's a "budget" PoB for Lvl 75 that can (I'm pretty sure) get going in T3 burials for about 10ex or so.

Budget PoB: https://pastebin.com/c9kaRDQn

And that's about it. To sum up, it's a fast build. Very fast. But it's certainly not a well rounded build and I definitely wouldn't recommend it for new players. If you want to do this build, do it strictly for fun. I mean, it's a great farming build, but Windripper TS can do almost the same thing but with 80%+ quant, you know what I mean? I'd argue that this build is slightly superior for farming Doctors (got 13 so far), but Windripper is far better for general mapping. Windripper can even get up to 9K hp with Kaom's Heart.

So, yeah. It was a super fun build and I'd recommend it to any fellow speed junkies out there. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. :)
Last edited by poepoe091 on Apr 30, 2018, 11:20:13 PM
Last bumped on Apr 30, 2018, 11:20:50 PM
Any tip about leveling? Trying it in flashback.
Love Rulez.
"
daesmond wrote:
Any tip about leveling? Trying it in flashback.

I leveled with Poet's Pens and swapped at 75 after an uber carry. That won't be possible in Flashback, but what I was planning to do is level as crit claws (reave, BF, lightning strike, frostblades--anything) and then respec at like lvl 80-90 once my uber lab and atlas is done and I have all the gear. You'd want your Hungry Loop created and a lvl 20 Herald of Ice and Glacial Cascade at least, along with a 6L Calamity. It would be a big respec (like 60-80 regrets) but that's probably the smoothest way to do it in Flashback.
Added leveling tips and a budget PoB.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info