Abyssal GC Miner (7k7 eHP, cheap to start, easy to follow, all content, Uber Elder deathless)

You did a great job on your guide and I think it's pretty decent build. One question I have is how are you inflicting ailments to get Yoke's 15% increased damage taken for your mines?
"
Doing this build now, Looks amazing. thanks for the hard work put into the guide, Do you plan on keeping it updated when 3.3.0 Comes out?

Yeah, i will use this build on 3.3 and i will update the build :D
I hope you enjoy it, if you have any question feels free to ask me.
"
nullharmonic wrote:
You did a great job on your guide and I think it's pretty decent build. One question I have is how are you inflicting ailments to get Yoke's 15% increased damage taken for your mines?

Hmm according to the wiki i have to inflict ailments by self cast spell to get the benefit from Yoke of Suffering, i think i will change the setup to Orb Of Storm (6 seconds duration) or Vortex (3 seconds duration) on the 3L, so i prefer 6 seconds. And then i have to change my Abyss jewel to get fire, cold, light damage to spell to inflict 3 ailments on them.
Thanks for letting me know that. I though Mines inflict ailments enemies will take increase damage bit it doesn't.
Last edited by Zoroan on May 11, 2018, 2:57:02 AM
"
Zoroan wrote:
"
nullharmonic wrote:

Hmm according to the wiki i have to inflict ailments by self cast spell to get the benefit from Yoke of Suffering, i think i will change the setup to Orb Of Storm (6 seconds duration) or Vortex (3 seconds duration) on the 3L, so i prefer 6 seconds. And then i have to change my Abyss jewel to get fire, cold, light damage to spell to inflict 3 ailments on them.
Thanks for letting me know that. I though Mines inflict ailments enemies will take increase damage bit it doesn't.

I'm afraid that's not how it works.

Chill-
You might be required to use Vortex for guaranteed chill effect as chill requires the hit to do at least 0.33% of boss/enemies' health to apply, any hits lower than that gets discarded (rounded down to zero)

Ignite-
As long as you have 1 fire damage to spell you're golden, once Vortex crits (explosion portion), it should apply Ignite.

Shock-
Doesn't matter, You'll be shocking through yoke of suffering.

Poison-
Atziri's flask should do the trick.

In short, depending on your Vortex Crit- you'll inflict, chill (chilling ground), Ignite, shock (Through Yoke) and potentially poison (chaos damage via Atziri's flask). If your combined damage is high enough with Vortex's hit portion, you might even be able to apply a mini shock through vortex which adds that additional 5%, in general, +15% added through the GC Mine's ramped up shock value is what you'll be getting if you're to use Vortex due to guaranteed chill.

Obviously, for general mapping this doesn't matter but if you want to push your build to max dps using the Yoke's setup, then those little additional 5% are a more multiplier additive to whatever % shock you can ramp up to via your GC mines.

Also 100% conversion is the way to go, 80% via only 1 long winter, you're losing out. The conversion will still take your physical damage nodes and then convert that to pure cold which yields better and non-tooltip dps via cold pen which is one of your recommended Watcher's eyes mod.

Hope I'd shed some of my own experience playing with yoke.

Though, things to note, self casting Vortex for crits and stuff will proc your shimmeron's degen. The only reason it doens't proc is your mines is doing it for you but any kind of self cast crit and if I recall, CWDT + like frostbomb (if this crits), it'd proc your degen.
Last edited by ShadowGenisys on May 11, 2018, 5:49:04 AM
"
ShadowGenisys wrote:
"
Zoroan wrote:
"
nullharmonic wrote:

I'm afraid that's not how it works.

Chill-
You might be required to use Vortex for guaranteed chill effect as chill requires the hit to do at least 0.33% of boss/enemies' health to apply, any hits lower than that gets discarded (rounded down to zero)

Ignite-
As long as you have 1 fire damage to spell you're golden, once Vortex crits (explosion portion), it should apply Ignite.

Shock-
Doesn't matter, You'll be shocking through yoke of suffering.

Poison-
Atziri's flask should do the trick.

In short, depending on your Vortex Crit- you'll inflict, chill (chilling ground), Ignite, shock (Through Yoke) and potentially poison (chaos damage via Atziri's flask). If your combined damage is high enough with Vortex's hit portion, you might even be able to apply a mini shock through vortex which adds that additional 5%, in general, +15% added through the GC Mine's ramped up shock value is what you'll be getting if you're to use Vortex due to guaranteed chill.

Obviously, for general mapping this doesn't matter but if you want to push your build to max dps using the Yoke's setup, then those little additional 5% are a more multiplier additive to whatever % shock you can ramp up to via your GC mines.

Also 100% conversion is the way to go, 80% via only 1 long winter, you're losing out. The conversion will still take your physical damage nodes and then convert that to pure cold which yields better and non-tooltip dps via cold pen which is one of your recommended Watcher's eyes mod.

Hope I'd shed some of my own experience playing with yoke.

Though, things to note, self casting Vortex for crits and stuff will proc your shimmeron's degen. The only reason it doens't proc is your mines is doing it for you but any kind of self cast crit and if I recall, CWDT + like frostbomb (if this crits), it'd proc your degen.

Ah you have a good point, Orb of Storm cant inflict chill and Vortex does. One more thing i tested on map and both skills are not trigger the degen from Shimmeron so i decided to post it here.

On the other hand my spells have chaos damage while using Atziri's Promise but it doesn't have chance to poison so i think it couldn't work with this ailment.
Usually we dont need more damage against boss under t16 and we only need that trigger on some hard boss like the Uber Elder but on that fight we dont have enogh time to do that anyway.

I'm still confuse about the wording on Yoke, because when my friend use his Head Hunter to leveling this char he did get the buff from rare monsters which his mines killed.
Last edited by Zoroan on May 11, 2018, 8:32:03 AM
What about bandits?
Единственное извращение - это отсутствие секса. Все остальное, дело выбора каждого.
"
Zoroan wrote:
I'm still confuse about the wording on Yoke, because when my friend use his Head Hunter to leveling this char he did get the buff from rare monsters which his mines killed.

There was an issue back in 2.1 when the buff started applying to totems and *cough* summoners OP summons *cough* and they reverted the change to allow YOU to reap the full benefits of indirect kills. So it's the starchild of this type of mod. Don't pay attention to it.

About the Shimmeron degen. I think it might be because orb of storm might be considered it's own entity much like a totem but I'm unsure if vortex acts the same with it's initial hit crits, the dot shouldn't trigger the degen because well, dots can't crit.
Last edited by ShadowGenisys on May 11, 2018, 9:23:56 AM
"
Orgazma wrote:
What about bandits?

Alira, i write it on the Passive Tree & Progression
"
There was an issue back in 2.1 when the buff started applying to totems and *cough* summoners OP summons *cough* and they reverted the change to allow YOU to reap the full benefits of indirect kills. So it's the starchild of this type of mod. Don't pay attention to it.

About the Shimmeron degen. I think it might be because orb of storm might be considered it's own entity much like a totem but I'm unsure if vortex acts the same with it's initial hit crits, the dot shouldn't trigger the degen because well, dots can't crit.

Seem like the initial hit doesn't deal damage it just proc the skill, i tested on a large pack mob and didn't take the degen for several try. I'm pretty sure Vortex can't inflict shock on t16 bosses, only the GC Mine could do that but it just more than the minimum life threshold a little bit.

Ty for infomations man.
Last edited by Zoroan on May 11, 2018, 1:25:52 PM
Hi!

I've been playing this build up to lvl 90 on the Flashback event, a real breeze :) I just passed LL recently (following Windz guide) but I only have 6k5 ES (no watcher eye or chayula) and I keep dying and dying from one shots against the T16 guardians (especially minotaurs). Should I go back to life-based GC mine? Will it help me?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info