casual players final level (99-100) 100% done

40% hype!!!! 538 maps done.

there was a huge "incident" involving wrong map, not thinking things properly and the almost perfect storm... all this almost cost a 10% and leads to change:
Spoiler

-Haunted mansion (bloodlines, chain(don't affect my character)
-bluepack with "Spirit Walker" "fast"
-too many Flame Sentinels
-doorway, no SRS around
-enter room where you cannot see, direction was south-east on my screen
-ate a ton of fireballs, smash your flasks while running away, only one direction to go, cannot dodge the balls, use the reat of your flasks.. still almost died

also lost all my zombies and golem and that has only happened once before, fighting a Lich.

-the "iffy" part: add 1 more damagemod to the Sentinels and that would have been a certain death.

solution: no more Mansions(they seem to have Ribbons as a basetype);

-keep things as is and vendor Mansions-->Shaped Wharf's

-unshape Mansion and go for something else(ancient city has a rippy boss(no bossroom), other share the same problem as Mansion(rooms/narrow spots where you might be without damage or you cannot manually dodge projectiles

-unshape mansion and go for Orchard (will still drop Vaults but half of my JV's are then Waterways and i also get those lovely Torture Chambers :P )

unshape mansion, drop Vault/JV and shape a T4 and just pray that i can sustain??

-use legacy RoTP (and mess my current setup and loose chaosres

needs some coffee and cigs but something will change

Spoiler
ok, after a 1 hour brainstorm i decided to go as is and vendor those Mansions (avoiding this as long as possible though)
d:-D*
Last edited by PyleWarlord on May 13, 2018, 8:34:02 AM
600 maps hype! (did my 241 "patch" and purchased 9 more just get nice numbers, all costs added to OP)

level 3 Enlighten hype!!!

so, 250 maps yilded 155 JV's and 102 Mansions(25 Wharfs) (all vendored for Wharfs now)...
I could actually sustain (well not after the vendoring)??

I also realised that i'm an idiot.. i thought that Sulphur Vents was the map wiht sewers and Doedre as a boss.. so unsahaping Mansion and Shaping Sulphur Vents now xD

when in doubt, RNG :

I think i will roll 100 map patches from now on.

e: next 100 maps rolled, i still have (+some trades like 21/20 SRS and second Bisco's):

+ 80 unrolled Jungle Valleys.. so looking preeeeetty good :D
Last edited by PyleWarlord on May 14, 2018, 3:01:54 PM
Good job. Making great rogress.
"
Dodgydave wrote:

thanks, i'm still surprised how "easy" and actually fun this has been.. like i said earlier the last level makes a difference.. dont need to start over, ever.
Last edited by PyleWarlord on May 14, 2018, 3:03:42 PM
"
PyleWarlord wrote:
"
Dodgydave wrote:

thanks, i'm still surprised how "easy" and actually fun this has been.. like i said earlier the last level makes a difference.. dont need to start over, ever.

Looks like you got good rhythm and Shaped strategy so it's not too bad. Just gotta watch some TV so you can play POE like the devs intended xD
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
not gonna do many maps today, but first map aborted hype!!! xD

you know sometimes JV has this very narrow canyon at the start, well now there are like 15 LW totems from some bluepack(cannot locate the last monster), atleast Haast, flickering beyond demons... and i just cannot clear them.. no time to cast and alos it's a -11max. monsterlife/endurance, less armour.. so those few SRS don't do shit.

Tried 1 time just run past them with Quartz but only managed to get more beyonders and almost got killed by those LW totems and Haast freezing my ass.

feels mayhemraceman xD
49,xx% hype!! (not gonna do those missing maps to hit 50%, will edit tomorrow)

55 maps done from the last patch and 54 maps gained, but i will not call this sustaining.. for example i had 25 maps gained after just 20 done but at the 30 maps done i had 28 gained xD

lootwise i found an Exalt, nothing else worth mentioning.

some QoL:
Spoiler

did some trading with items that have nothing to do with this 99-100 thingie, as a result i have some chaos stashed elsewhere and i can "buy" things from myself just to save up some time;

-Vaults for 2,5c
-Master Sextants for 5c
-for lesser currencies i use Tonique's daily rates :P
-expensive items are still traded for real

some rant:
Spoiler

Cartoboxes, like what the hell.. i get that if they are too good and found too easily they can for exmaple fuck up the first 100 race on new leagues and all...
but if i found 1 every 600+ maps and gain 2 T11's(was rolled for quantity+1 extra rare item(T3 lul)) out of it.. just remove them for a fuck's sake xD

on a sidenote, Divine Vessels are funny too.. i'm pretty sure that before i found 1 today it took 200+ maps after the last one (not 100% sure though)

other things:
Spoiler

My guildmate asked the real questions another day;
"what are you going to do after you hit 100?"
my aswers in the order that they came into my mind:
-uninstall
-get a Headhunter
-get a +1 Covenant
-level 100 on SSF_HC

well, about 15 days left before the new league... 50% xp needed (so 3,33%/day), totally doable because 3-day weekend incoming and i also seem to be un-employed starting next tuesday :P)
and after 100 i can start my journey for the SSF_HC 100 in the new league (will also be doing a thread about that.. done in 2023 xD)
doing this STD 100 with some handycaps is a good test fot the real thing, i guess

e1: at this rate my non-quality Enhance will hit level 3 about the same time as i hit level 100, DO NOT LEVEL NON-QUALITY Enhance/Empower/Enlighten

E2: 667 MAPS FOR 50%
Last edited by PyleWarlord on May 17, 2018, 11:12:58 AM
RNG xD

yesterday i was crying about Carto's, today i found 2 in 4 maps.

700 maps done, last 100 maps yilded 104 maps (98 without those carto's).

found Taste of Hate, rolled next 100 maps.. chaos-count after rolling:
GGG please, third map of the day and another Carto... O.o

at this point i also decided to stop doing the chaosrecipe and throw some random pieces into my 5c(i do not expect anything to sell though) tab.

in the process of clearing the jewellerytabs i i'd this beast :

:D
I almost broke my "record";

last 7 maps (all T11 JV's) and i only got these out of them:

on the bright side i found these:

e: ok, this was the worst point yet.. 10 T11's and only 1 T11 back, no T10's.. then came those 2 maps that gave 4 T11's and 2 T10's

for other drops i have no complaints xD
Last edited by PyleWarlord on May 18, 2018, 12:19:54 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info