Too bad most of the beauty of PoE is wasted. Post your best shots.

There is some really great graphics detail put into PoE. Like in the Overseer's Tower:

There are 8 statues decorating the outside of it and zoomed in there is a someone hanged off of each statue. More killed Oriath citizens adorn each of the 8 sided tower and there is an NPC looking out through an opening in the fenced in tower. Zoomed in with the lighting effects it looks gorgeous. Even the tiled artwork on the tower floor looks great.

Too bad most of the detail quality of PoE is lost because we play zoomed out. The GGG artist work mostly goes unseen. Have you found any great art quality hidden in plain sight?
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Last bumped on Apr 25, 2019, 7:30:53 AM
I agree. I'll post some later today.
these areas are a pain for the eyes because of thousands of diffent mtx blingblings running around.
Beauty? I play with potato graphics so i don't crash when I log on towns or when i open a strongbox and i one shot all mobs with extra gore particles. Those statues look like sausages in my screen, but hey graphics don't carry a game.
"In this game you're just a cow being milked, not a human being entertained" - Kiss_Me_Quick
Last edited by IIPheXII on Apr 28, 2018, 10:46:37 PM
I play on a laptop 800x600 res. My SS suck but whatever I'm not into that part of game. I just like killing bosses.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Apr 29, 2018, 3:58:03 AM
GGG put a lot of work into the artwork of PoE. Zoomed out racing through the 10 acts and then maps most of this is completely overlooked. Too bad GGG can't seem to figure out how to do the same for the server simulation so that we can get a much better quality of play.

While playing fully zoomed out we QQ that there is too many times of getting blindsided by off-screen attacks that we can't see coming. OMG how bad (frustrating) it would be if we played zoomed in even half way! The art detail is great, just too bad most players don't see it.

GGG did this to themselves by allowing the playing speed to increase so much over the last couple of years. Players today like the Mathil Arc skill/build video in which he says he got an Arc totem Hierophant build to level 92 in about 24 hours is a perfect example of how GGG allowed PoE to become more of a twitch shooter and much less of a strategy rpg by ramping up the power and speed of play. It's very sad that today's PoE plays this way.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Yep... GGG has a lot of artists. Maybe too many. They need another project for these people to work on so that we can simply play this game without it being re-invented every three months.
Arrowneus, I agree. Thanks for making this thread.

That chair, the statue with the hat, the candles - the whole map is stunning...

Speaking of timing, I was trying to get a screenshot of the Summit lava bombs in the canyon between the arenas -

Claws When Damage Taken?
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Yep... GGG has a lot of artists. Maybe too many. They need another project for these people to work on so that we can simply play this game without it being re-invented every three months.

Take it back, right now!!
“Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.”
—Leo Buscaglia

Contact support@grindinggear.com to report issues relating to the game or forum. Thanks!

My beloved pets....

"
peachii wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

Take it back, right now!!

XD

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info