Is there a build that's good as a league starter, mapping and uber elder viable?

"
Rinzlow wrote:
"
shaunika90 wrote:
"
Rinzlow wrote:
After 5 builds, 5 tests, all "meta" (so far this season) and all the claims that go around I can definately tell you, you will most likely need boss killer toon, map clear toon, HOGM clear toon and uber lab toon just to play the game.
The best one all around build that can do shaper and all elders I managed to complete is Oni Grooshi Chieftan with 8700 life, with Lightpoacher, Thombfist + ele weakness corrupt. However it can't be adapted to clear HOGM because of mull_gubben and it also can't be a league starter because you need to sink 10 ex into it.

a lot of builds can do multiple or all of those

mine's only problem is HOGM, anything else is easy.
I destroy maps, can do uber elder deathless, uber lab is easily doable too (of course it's not the best labrunner ever but it can do it no problem)

or if you run GC miner you can shit overl iterally anything

uber lab is easy thanks to MoM
HOGM is easy
uber elder not hard either cos you kill his phases in like seconds.
and it destroys maps

Sorry dude but you don't know how new players think. GC miner is a glasscannon that dies when something farts in his direction. As I explained to alot of new players, when they look at someones build videos, these guys, like myself have done shaper 1000 times and can play against endgame content blindfolded. there is no such thing in this game as an allrounder, there is only broken meta builds and they are now down to maybe 1 or 2 per season and usually the unique that goes along those build get's as high as 30 exalts (this legaue Zerphi Flask VD). So don't preach "I destroy everything" because that only works for people who in first 3 days of league hit level 95 and have few ex in their stashes...

lol GC miner is far from being a glasscannon
you can build it as tanky as you'd like
it has good life regen
and MoM

and it costs like nothing to get going.

also I'm only level 93

and if you want a build to kill uber elder, then generally you're willing to sink a few exalts in dont you?
it's not like he asked how to get out of act 1.

and anyway as to your "maybe 1 or 2 per season BS"

RF (bot LL and like)
wander
TS and/or barrage bows
molten strike
blade flurry
GC mines
summoners
cyclone
poet's pen VD

are just came to my mind off the top of my head that have no trouble clearing most or all content and have multiple variants with multiple ascendancies.

and if I took out uber elder from the equation, the number of builds would literally skyrocket

I killed uber on 3 separate builds this season, that alone blows your " 1-2 builds" out of the water.
Last edited by shaunika90 on Apr 26, 2018, 6:30:39 AM
it appears you have skipped the most important part "you don't know how new players think" . Shaper, Elder, Uber Elder, Admin ElderUber can be downed with tabula rasa and Redbeak. The problem with these builds that are dragging from one season to the next is they are budget friendly to people who can do content blindfolded. New players, will die, on shaper, on elder and on all bosses with your all around builds and they are not adaptable to single target unless they specialize in boss killing, this also applies vice versa.
let me explain to you what I mean, you're raider shooting off screen suddenly your health is dropping, are you hitting an elemental reflect mob, or something shooting at you from behind or did you walk in some dot degen on the ground. What is it ? Same thing when the zana buble on shaper is about to be over you're looking at those purple balls and you know he is about to shoot at you before the balls have cleared and you're allready calculating your route for escape. New players, don't do this, and this is why, almost every build out there is easy for you, because you are used to every stupid trick game mechanic out there, you know when to stop when not to rush and you can even dodge stuff like Neo. When I see new players getting into these meta season builds and dying everywhere and cant do Red maps even and their gear is solid. That's what I'm talking about. And that's why, they have to have Deadeye clearing offscreen and all safe, but when they come to arena and boss is in their face they die.
Last edited by Rinzlow on Apr 26, 2018, 7:15:40 AM
then... maybe the problem isnt with the build? let them l2p

I killed shaper on the first season I played.

it's not that hard to learn the game if you want to learn it.
"
shaunika90 wrote:

I hope you don´t take this personally, but from what I can see you´re playing SC only.
You shouldn´t really brag because well, you can die as many times as you want and still do all the content. You can "death zerg" omg I hate this expression soo much lol, everything.

Trade league + SC + time investment = guaranteed success.
You haven´t proven your own player skill and thus aren´t really in a position to drop the l2p bomb.
"
"
shaunika90 wrote:

I hope you don´t take this personally, but from what I can see you´re playing SC only.
You shouldn´t really brag because well, you can die as many times as you want and still do all the content. You can "death zerg" omg I hate this expression soo much lol, everything.

Trade league + SC + time investment = guaranteed success.
You haven´t proven your own player skill and thus aren´t really in a position to drop the l2p bomb.

how can you tell if someone plays HC in poe?

dont worry they'll tell you.

like seriously you added nothing to the conversation

a: the OP didnt mention HC which means he's playing SC
b: I specifically didnt brag but explained how it's not hard, I literally did the opposite
c: you're the only person bragging here.
Last edited by shaunika90 on Apr 26, 2018, 2:20:19 PM
SSF HC btw

And I told you not to take it personally.
Last edited by NoDiscoSisqoOrCalypso on Apr 26, 2018, 2:38:11 PM
you can say l2p in softcore, just because they can die doesn't mean they death zerg every boss and the comment isn't wrong, if you can't clear the game with the current miner guides available on the forums the issue is l2p not the class balance, their investment requirement is low yet their power is extremely high and they really can be quite tanky.

Is there a build that can clear everything if your clueless? I don't think so theres just too many things to learn and one of thems gonna catch you out eventually whether your following an OP build or not though I do think the OP's original question is a bit of a piss take they basically want something thats good at literally everything :P most good builds will transition in early/mid maps to whatever their boss killing variant is.
Last edited by Draegnarrr on Apr 26, 2018, 2:41:11 PM
well isnt RF / SR pretty beginner friendly / eng game viable ? and lets say forgivble for mistakes?

YOU can pretty easily archive 9k+ Life / 9 enduranes and be tanky as fuck, but for the price of clearspeed

( never played it myslef, even less in a fresh league )
30 Shores with Double Pack / Breach / Max Sextants https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2006424/page/1
First Selfmade Build as Sparker ( MF ) https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1637690
1 Million Tool Tip Dps Sparker https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1761162

"
KillerKrug wrote:
well isnt RF / SR pretty beginner friendly / eng game viable ? and lets say forgivble for mistakes?

YOU can pretty easily archive 9k+ Life / 9 enduranes and be tanky as fuck, but for the price of clearspeed

( never played it myslef, even less in a fresh league )

only issue with it really is that it's rather expensive. cos it's super meta atm.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info