GGG, please take a look at warcries with the 3.3 skill tweaks

As it is right now, they are difficult to use. I've never really paid much attention to them, as I hadn't made any characters requiring their use. However, trying to make a character based upon them has revealed just how clunky these skills feel to use. To start with, requiring you to run directly into a large pack of creatures to get any kind of sizable benefit from them makes them incredibly dangerous to use effectively. They require a casting animation which cannot be reduced whatsoever, and cannot be supported by many support gems. Trying to include them in your build as they are now results in a lot of frustration, resulting in a lot of folks dropping them altogether. Because of these issues, I've come up with a few things that could be done to improve these under-utilized skills, making them more fluid and easier to use:

* Have them increase their area of effect as they level up, doubling in size at level 20

* Allow them to be supported by either faster casting/faster attack gems, include a new support gem to increase their cast speed, or allow them to be cast while you're using another action (no animation)

* Allow them to be triggered by Cast when X gems, like they used to be able to before they were classified as Warcries

* A Skill Effect support gem would be a huge benefit to them, allowing players to use these skills and feel like they're a benefit rather than a liability.

* Some of the above benefits could be applied via a unique item, forcing players to invest in an item to truly specialize in these unique buffs

Thanks for giving us this wonderful game, I look forward to supporting you in the future!
Last bumped on Apr 26, 2018, 1:43:47 PM
I too wish that warcries were in a better spot and felt like a meaningful choice aside from endurance charge generation, which on most characters people don't even use.
I just wish we could cast them in motion. That would be a massive QOL and would make some really cool synergies with berserker.

good post.
Warcries need to be auto casting. Or deleted.
"
FederalX wrote:
As it is right now, they are difficult to use. I've never really paid much attention to them, as I hadn't made any characters requiring their use. However, trying to make a character based upon them has revealed just how clunky these skills feel to use. To start with, requiring you to run directly into a large pack of creatures to get any kind of sizable benefit from them makes them incredibly dangerous to use effectively. They require a casting animation which cannot be reduced whatsoever, and cannot be supported by many support gems. Trying to include them in your build as they are now results in a lot of frustration, resulting in a lot of folks dropping them altogether. Because of these issues, I've come up with a few things that could be done to improve these under-utilized skills, making them more fluid and easier to use:

* Have them increase their area of effect as they level up, doubling in size at level 20

* Allow them to be supported by either faster casting/faster attack gems, include a new support gem to increase their cast speed, or allow them to be cast while you're using another action (no animation)

* Allow them to be triggered by Cast when X gems, like they used to be able to before they were classified as Warcries

* A Skill Effect support gem would be a huge benefit to them, allowing players to use these skills and feel like they're a benefit rather than a liability.

* Some of the above benefits could be applied via a unique item, forcing players to invest in an item to truly specialize in these unique buffs

Thanks for giving us this wonderful game, I look forward to supporting you in the future!

In my opinion, they already add huge a huge bonus. Esp. if you use the one that explodes monsters when you kill them. Link it with inc aoe and concentrated effect and it does significant aoe damage, and will help you clear that much faster. I liked to use it on 2h builds. Cast it then my aoe from glacial hammer and that warcry just rekts everything.
"
SuicideAll wrote:
Warcries need to be auto casting. Or deleted.

In other words, make it easy cos you cant be bothered to hit a button? Lazy much?
"
I just wish we could cast them in motion. That would be a massive QOL and would make some really cool synergies with berserker.

good post.

+1. It would be a nice QoL, would make them less clunky to use.
"Metas rotate all the time, eventually the developers will buff melee"
PoE 2013-2018
I use rallying cry for MoM character so i can ditch clarity.
"The launch day went quite well with just a few small hotfixes to address minor problems."

Heist League - GGG
"
universal777 wrote:
"
FederalX wrote:

In my opinion, they already add huge a huge bonus. Esp. if you use the one that explodes monsters when you kill them. Link it with inc aoe and concentrated effect and it does significant aoe damage, and will help you clear that much faster. I liked to use it on 2h builds. Cast it then my aoe from glacial hammer and that warcry just rekts everything.

If using Abyssal cry, which requires you to come to a dead stop and do an animation that isn't affected by any cast or attack speed, is actually *increasing* your clear speed over just spamming your clear skill then it's time to rethink your build.
[/quote]
If using Abyssal cry, which requires you to come to a dead stop and do an animation that isn't affected by any cast or attack speed, is actually *increasing* your clear speed over just spamming your clear skill then it's time to rethink your build. [/quote]

As a Berserker who wants to use an attack skill for both clearing and single target
Abyssal Cry is an amazing choice. You cast the warcry, you touch the pack, the pack explodes.

It´s not clearspeed meta but it can take a shitty clearspeed skill like Cleave or Dualstrike
and elevate it to a whole other level. I think that´s something.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info