100% usage gpu

Hi. I am playing PoE from few years and at beginning i was playing on wooden pc (Athlon, HD6670, 2GB RAM DDR2).
Now i have much better pc (i5-7400, R9 270x and 8GB RAM DDR4).
My graphic card have 3 fans, 2 of them are working all the time and the last one (very load) are active when temps and usage are high.
One week ago PoE started to use 100% of my graphic card instead of 40%.
Even when i am in menu not logged in to game server task manager shows 99% gpu usage.
Thats really annoing and i have this problem only on Path of Exile (i can play Witcher 3 with high graphic setting and have gpu usage like 70-80%).
Temp from 39 C increases to 72 C in menu.
I readed few posts about it but didn't get any solution :/

I updated drivers and set graphic options to low with no improvement.
I had lower gpu usage when i was playing a year ago on this crap above.
Change directx from 11 to 9 or 9Ex also doesn't help.

System: Windows 10
CPU: Intel i5-7400
GPU: Gigabyte Radeon R9 270x Windforce
RAM: 8GB DDR4
Motherboard Asus H110M-D
Drivers: 18.3.4

Sorry for all mistakes, i dont speak english native, but tried to to my best :D
Last bumped on Apr 26, 2018, 5:37:41 AM
Nobody will help you here, because its the game.. your system is fine.
"
DiamondSnake wrote:

And yet i've had several cards(9500gt, HD6870 and currently a rx580) none of which maxed out like this or started overheating, that claim is bullshit made by the lazy.

This is most likely a settings problem.

Perhaps your card is overclocked? you are not using vsync/freesync? have everything set to high and several other options from your radeon settings enabled and maxed?

Turn vsync on, or use freesync if the card can use it, in radeon settings there may be an option called CHILL.

The other settings should be set to let the application decide where you can (you are ok to use amd optimized shader cache)
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Optimization, unfortunately, isn't this games best quality.
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
"
DiamondSnake wrote:

And yet i've had several cards(9500gt, HD6870 and currently a rx580) none of which maxed out like this or started overheating, that claim is bullshit made by the lazy.

This is most likely a settings problem.

Perhaps your card is overclocked? you are not using vsync/freesync? have everything set to high and several other options from your radeon settings enabled and maxed?

Turn vsync on, or use freesync if the card can use it, in radeon settings there may be an option called CHILL.

The other settings should be set to let the application decide where you can (you are ok to use amd optimized shader cache)

I played a lot on this set up and my gpu usage was around 50%.
Didn't overclocked gpu. Problem appeared like 2 patches ago.
Game is playable, but this fan makes me angry, it's so loud :/
I don't want to disable it completely.
MSI Afterburner doesn't affect this third fan.

Tried all settings in game. Usually i was playing on highest one, now i lowered almost everything and unfortunally nothing changes :/

I just opened Diablo 3 to check graphics and it uses just 60% gpu on highest settings and my gpu temp was around 55 C.
While i am playing PoE (even when i am still in menu) gpu goes to 99% and temp around 70 C.
That's definitely PoE fault but maybe there is something that i can do myself to fix it (i hope).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info