Gl rolling 50/50 of 2 diff colored sockets on one-stat gear?

So Im starting a Ranger crit build and wanting to use - increased crit multi, increased crit chance and power charge on crit, with my main ST and AoE skill gem setup. That's 3 blue intell sockets on a Ranger/Dex gear user.

I picked up alot of intell from the skill tree to be able to use those skill gems, but am i going to be heavily penalized in trying to wear dex gear with half dexterity and half intell slots?

I can already imagine the stacks of chromatics i'm going to have to use, for chest and weapon slot, every upgrade every time to roll 3/5 or 3/6 intell and 2/5 3/6 dexterity for the other slots, on dex gear.

I probably may not even be able to build this until end game where i have enough chromatics and upgrades are few and far between to have to re-roll every time.

I haven't played this in awhile - i've just come back for another playthrough, but back when i played i generally found that it was hard enough getting 2 or more sockets of a color that wasn't a main stat on the piece of gear and im not looking forward to that potential situation and gameplay again.

TL:DR am i in for a world of hurt needing half the sockets to be dexterity and half intelligence on my chest/wep 5/6 slot pieces of gear?

Cheers.
Last edited by Whiskiz on Apr 25, 2018, 4:38:51 AM
Last bumped on Apr 30, 2018, 9:21:13 AM
Socket color chances are directly related to the stat requirements of the armor, so if you needed 3G3B sockets, you would want a dex+int requirement on your chest. Getting 3 blues on a pure evasion (dex) chest is rather easy too, however, as is getting 3 green on a pure energy shield (int) base. Stay clear from chests that require strength, as those will be weighted towards red sockets.
IGN: Emfx
Last edited by Emfx on Apr 25, 2018, 4:43:53 AM
Master crafting helps, that and the abundance of tri colour linked item means that if you really wanted to you could gather enough without to much trouble to use the bench or gamble.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Tabula Rasa is your answer.

then use the vorici method once you finalize on your endgame armor

took me 1000 jewellers to roll due to some bad luck at the 3/4 socket stage

you can also just buy the armor already colored
I have an Alien pet.
Last edited by kelongngu on Apr 25, 2018, 4:48:57 AM
"
Emfx wrote:
Getting 3 blues on a pure evasion (dex) chest is rather easy too, however, as is getting 3 green on a pure energy shield (int) base.

Really? As i mentioned i don't recall being able to especially easily, roll 3 colors on a piece of gear that doesn't have that stat.

I can't/won't/don't use intell gear because of the energy shield, so i basically have to be able to roll 3 blues and 2 or 3 dex, on a dex only piece of gear.

Maybe im misremembering or balance has changed, but again i don't remember that being easily done.

So many times i'd roll with either mostly the primary stat color, maybe 1 offstat color, maybe 1 or 2 mixed off-colors etc, rarely did it roll like half and half of an off-stat color.

Edit: I'm also playing Hardcore (where gear doesn't and economy is almost meaningless) and SSF mode, so i can't just buy my way into OP stuff i want/need and faceroll gg. Hopefully i do find a Tabula, altho the no stats just for that is a pain.
Last edited by Whiskiz on Apr 25, 2018, 4:51:33 AM
"
kelongngu wrote:
then use the vorici method once you finalize on your endgame armor

Yes it's better to use jewellers instead of chromatics. But you cannot use this on a 6L armour, you'll have to 6-link it after that.

Farm aqueduct or channel/waterways maps to get your tabula
Last edited by AsbelFar on Apr 25, 2018, 5:00:50 AM
"
Whiskiz wrote:
"
Emfx wrote:
Getting 3 blues on a pure evasion (dex) chest is rather easy too, however, as is getting 3 green on a pure energy shield (int) base.

Really? As i mentioned i don't recall being able to especially easily, roll 3 colors on a piece of gear that doesn't have that stat.

I can't/won't/don't use intell gear because of the energy shield, so i basically have to be able to roll 3 blues and 2 or 3 dex, on a dex only piece of gear.

Maybe im misremembering or balance has changed, but again i don't remember that being easily done.

So many times i'd roll with either mostly the primary stat color, maybe 1 offstat color, maybe 1 or 2 mixed off-colors etc, rarely did it roll like half and half of an off-stat color.

Edit: I'm also playing Hardcore (where gear doesn't and economy is almost meaningless) and SSF mode, so i can't just buy my way into OP stuff i want/need and faceroll gg. Hopefully i do find a Tabula, altho the no stats just for that is a pain.

well what you think its "easy" and what he think its "easy" are probabl miles away ^^

3 off color are 120 chroms on a bench witch is nothing for most player who got in the endgame, but for a new player it can be a challenge...

so just farm for a tabula rasa ( channel T3 map or blood adequant ) if you arent so far in the game.... then just go for a 4l ( 5-6l is not that important anyways )
30 Shores with Double Pack / Breach / Max Sextants https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2006424/page/1
First Selfmade Build as Sparker ( MF ) https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1637690
1 Million Tool Tip Dps Sparker https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1761162

120 chromatics per piece/upgrade? Jesus.

The crowning star of SSF mode, too - is how end game map farming unfriendly it is. This is why i left the last time, after reaching mapping in hardcore SSF ironically.

Though that is a low tier map, you can't trade for specific maps so you have to rely on RNG for end game mapping. Specific map farming especially after the first few tiers is almost impossible. Can't even shaper orb a shortcut since it'd boost the tier too high.

I really dislike how solo unfriendly this game is. If you don't just buy OP gg faceroll gear off others and don't spend the time to live and breathe the online trading to do so, you're shit outta luck.

That's a fair way to play, but when the entire game is designed specifically with that kind of playstyle in mind, it's really kind of a shame....

Finally having implemented at least an option for solo play, if not the support for it, was great - but when does it get the support it needs?

Last edited by Whiskiz on Apr 25, 2018, 6:39:29 AM
"
Whiskiz wrote:
120 chromatics per piece/upgrade? Jesus.

The crowning star of SSF mode, too - is how end game map farming unfriendly it is. This is why i left the last time, after reaching mapping in hardcore SSF ironically.

Though that is a low tier map, you can't trade for specific maps so you have to rely on RNG for end game mapping. Specific map farming especially after the first few tiers is almost impossible. Can't even shaper orb a shortcut since it'd boost the tier too high.

I really dislike how solo unfriendly this game is. If you don't just buy OP gg faceroll gear off others and don't spend the time to live and breathe the online trading to do so, you're shit outta luck.

That's a fair way to play, but when the entire game is designed specifically with that kind of playstyle in mind, it's really kind of a shame....

Finally having implemented at least an option for solo play, if not the support for it, was great - but when does it get the support it needs?

the game is designed with trading, if you choose th play SSF deal with it otherwise go the easy way and trade :)

on a sidenode https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Mastral_Gaming check him he does twitch / youtube aswell and

he plays only SSF Softcore in Bestery has 157/157 atlas ... 2 chars fully Geard and builds the 3rd one yet...

Just invest time and you get their... The game starts with Maps everghing befor is meaningless ( IMO )
30 Shores with Double Pack / Breach / Max Sextants https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2006424/page/1
First Selfmade Build as Sparker ( MF ) https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1637690
1 Million Tool Tip Dps Sparker https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1761162

Last edited by KillerKrug on Apr 25, 2018, 6:49:59 AM
"
KillerKrug wrote:

he plays only SSF Softcore in Bestery has 157/157 atlas ... 2 chars fully Geard and builds the 3rd one yet...

"
KillerKrug wrote:
he plays only SSF Softcore

"
KillerKrug wrote:
SSF Softcore
Last edited by Whiskiz on Apr 25, 2018, 7:13:37 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info