Disgh

So, when the initial changes to Ascendant were announced, I was pretty salty. Why? Because I used to play Frost Blades on an Ascendant, using the Assassin and the Slayer nodes.

Compare a Champion using Frost Blades to any configuration of Frost Blades on an Ascendant now. The No-Evade-if-Taunted thing makes Champion, far and away, far superior to the Ascendant for Frost Blading.

While there is some stuff that's juicy for a Frost Blades player on Ascendant, all of it pales in comparison to the Champion.

Ascendant rundown for Frost Blades:
Spoiler
- Slayer is still takeable, and is actually one of the more desirable nodes, which is kind of sad given that 2/5 of its mods are completely moot for the build.
- Champion is abysmal.
- Gladiator is pretty much useless, as it's all bleed/phys-based.

- Raider is fine but underwhelming.
- Pathfinder is decent.
- Deadeye isn't really what Frost Blades wants.

- Trickster not good. You're already set on Frenzy Charges with this sort of build, and if you wanted Power Charges, you'd just get Assassin.
- Assassin got nerfed but is semi-decent?
- Saboteur has some pen and blind chance, but isn't really worth it.

- Occultist ofc is a very interesting node for trying to get more curses online.
- Elementalist could work.
- Necromancer isn't for us.

- Guardian is not for us.
- Inquisitor while thematically correct, kinda meh.
- Heirophant isn't for us.

- Chieftan is not really where we're at.
- Berserker is doable.
- Juggernaut is doable.

Ascendant is one of my favorite classes, but... it just seems way underpowered when using Frost Blades (a skill I enjoy) compared to the Champion.

Compare some Trees. In my own planning on Path of Building, it looks like the Champion achieves roughly double the DPS most of the time.

I get that certain classes are s'pposed to be more suitable for certain skills (or vis versa), but this is ridiculous.

A little love?
- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0- 0 * - <
<739610877-3104-376.101077-1106.75103739110792103.108-5'92.9410776.>
- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0- 0 * - <
Last edited by bwam on Apr 24, 2018, 8:41:29 PM
Last bumped on Apr 24, 2018, 10:58:18 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
"
bwam wrote:
So, when the initial changes to Ascendant were announced, I was pretty salty. Why? Because I used to play Frost Blades on an Ascendant, using the Assassin and the Slayer nodes.

Compare a Champion using Frost Blades to any configuration of Frost Blades on an Ascendant now. The No-Evade-if-Taunted thing makes Champion, far and away, far superior to the Ascendant for Frost Blading.

While there is some stuff that's juicy for a Frost Blades player on Ascendant, all of it pales in comparison to the Champion.

Ascendant rundown for Frost Blades:
Spoiler
- Slayer is still takeable, and is actually one of the more desirable nodes, which is kind of sad given that 2/5 of its mods are completely moot for the build.
- Champion is abysmal.
- Gladiator is pretty much useless, as it's all bleed/phys-based.

- Raider is fine but underwhelming.
- Pathfinder is decent.
- Deadeye isn't really what Frost Blades wants.

- Trickster not good. You're already set on Frenzy Charges with this sort of build, and if you wanted Power Charges, you'd just get Assassin.
- Assassin got nerfed but is semi-decent?
- Saboteur has some pen and blind chance, but isn't really worth it.

- Occultist ofc is a very interesting node for trying to get more curses online.
- Elementalist could work.
- Necromancer isn't for us.

- Guardian is not for us.
- Inquisitor while thematically correct, kinda meh.
- Heirophant isn't for us.

- Chieftan is not really where we're at.
- Berserker is doable.
- Juggernaut is doable.

Ascendant is one of my favorite classes, but... it just seems way underpowered when using Frost Blades (a skill I enjoy) compared to the Champion.

Compare some Trees. In my own planning on Path of Building, it looks like the Champion achieves roughly double the DPS most of the time.

I get that certain classes are s'pposed to be more suitable for certain skills (or vis versa), but this is ridiculous.

A little love?

So what is the problem in general? just the tooltip

mind to share the gears and on what you tested the damage that made Scion not a valid option anymore for Frost blades?

Only a dumbass pays for a F2P game.
"
noheal wrote:

mind to share the gears and on what you tested the damage that made Scion not a valid option anymore for Frost blades?

Not just the tooltip (tooltip is notoriously unreliable), but you can explore for yourself if you'd like. I twisted the Tree around for a build or two, and didn't save the lackluster results, but here's the gear I used:
Spoiler
Last edited by bwam on Apr 24, 2018, 12:57:12 PM
"
bwam wrote:
"
noheal wrote:

Not just the tooltip (tooltip is notoriously unreliable), but you can explore for yourself if you'd like. I twisted the Tree around for a build or two, and didn't save the lackluster results, but here's the gear I used:
Spoiler

Your problem is more on how you build it and level of gears tham the class playing SSF dosent really change that. Just need to put more time into getting a setup that works.

here is a random example of that same build is like the first hit on a casual google search
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8RcOuOD-MQ

https://pastebin.com/jmcgM52d

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ztN7lNaomw

https://pastebin.com/pXYnhSwc

this build in particular been good to great for a while.

Not sure how much more love they could add to this build in particular lol

PD: So I guess could be wise check this 2 videos, the pastebins on path of building and check it vs your damage and see if you can do a few upgrades you should have way better results lol

"
noheal wrote:

here is a random example of that same build is like the first hit on a casual google search

Yeah, I'd say that's pretty random.
'Cause the toon is using Molten Strike.
I had the feeling you were wasting my time.
"
bwam wrote:
"
noheal wrote:

Yeah, I'd say that's pretty random.
'Cause the toon is using Molten Strike.
I had the feeling you were wasting my time.

yea i dont mind helping new players have fun ;=)
might as well take a knack at it

https://pastebin.com/HYMfNwww

220k vs the original 250k

gears needs to be changed, you already have a lot of str and resist due to ascendant and its start
Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is? Insanity is doing the exact... same fucking thing... over and over again expecting... shit to change... That. Is. Crazy. thinking: "This time is gonna be different. No, no, no please... This time is gonna be different."

-Path of Exile
Why are you using that crappy Empyrean Bite sword? Havoc edge is amazing for an SSF Sword. You should equip a stat stick and fake-dual wield for much better dps.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
"
dudiobugtron wrote:
Why are you using that crappy Empyrean Bite sword? Havoc edge is amazing for an SSF Sword. You should equip a stat stick and fake-dual wield for much better dps.

you cant stat stick frost blades
Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is? Insanity is doing the exact... same fucking thing... over and over again expecting... shit to change... That. Is. Crazy. thinking: "This time is gonna be different. No, no, no please... This time is gonna be different."

-Path of Exile
Last edited by xrook on Apr 24, 2018, 7:28:27 PM
"
xrook wrote:
might as well take a knack at it

https://pastebin.com/HYMfNwww

220k vs the original 250k

gears needs to be changed, you already have a lot of str and resist due to ascendant and its start

Take off the flasks.
You get 148K Shaper DPS.

Compare this to Bwambus (in my profile if you so choose to look).
206k Shaper DPS (no Flasks).

Not roughly double, but definitely a substantial DPS loss.
Thanks for taking the trouble to look, tho :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info