"Increased damage with ailments from attack skills"

.....This in the skill tree: does that mean it would not increase damage from ailments such as procs from ailments from the skill tree itseld? Say you also grabbed "10% chance to poison/bleed on hit" would the ailment damage boost that? and if not, if you have say a poison attack skill gem that can proc and then a chance to poison on hit from the skill tree, do they roll for separate procs and so only those from the attack skill would see that damage increase?

What about then when reaching max poison stacks, could the skill tree procs potentially overwrite the boosted ones, or does higher damage ones take priority and so if not careful, you might be skilling into something that regularly gets overwritten and so barely used, due to another, superior source?

Thanks heaps.
Last bumped on Apr 24, 2018, 4:13:08 AM
These "Increased damage with ailments from attack skills" modifiers from skilltree nodes were created as an attempt to fix double dipping on Damage over Time builds. It's wording is strange and needlessly complicates a already complicated skilltree.

Basically, Damage over Time now only scales from modifiers specific to Damage over Time, such as ailment damage modifiers (they used to just scale with the damage type of the skill applying said ailment).

Long story short, "Increased damage with ailments from attack skills" applies to any ailment caused by an attack, no matter the source. So yes, they do affect procs from the skilltree itself.

All sources of "% to Poison on Hit" stack additively with another. So 40% to poison + 60% chance to poison will give you 100% to apply 1 poison stack on hit. You can never apply more than one ailment of each given type per hit.

Also, there is no limit of poison stacks. Other sources of damage over time (ignite, bleed) when at max stacks will still always be applied, but only the strongest damage over time per source will be dealt to the enemy (effectively overwriting older weaker ailments).
Last edited by Bardharr on Apr 24, 2018, 3:29:47 AM
Awesome, it is weirdly worded and needlessly confusing but cheers for the clarification. I was certain it wasn't going to be this way - that it was only going to boost "attack skills" glad i asked.

"
Bardharr wrote:
You can never apply more than one ailment of each given type per hit.

Per hit or per attack? If it is per hit - Would skills like Barrage with multiple hits be able to potentially cause multiple stacks of poison with the 1 attack? Since there're 4 projectiles and so "hits" per attack.

I guess the multiple hit thing would be great for other on-hit situations too, if so, like gain flask charges from crit strikes: i wonder if a crit roll is made for the entire attack - or each individual hit. Even if its made for the entire attack, if it does roll a crit would that then mean 4 crit hits and 4 flask charges from the 1 attack.
Last edited by Whiskiz on Apr 24, 2018, 4:49:11 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info