Question about RF and the swift affliction/arcane surge combo

Is it preference to use this combo over chance to ignite and efficacy for RF? Or does the "reduced skill duration" on swift affliction cause the RF damage over time to tick faster increasing DPS?
Last bumped on Apr 23, 2018, 2:19:03 PM
changing skill duration never affects the damage over time, or "makes it tick faster"
There's no powercreep here. Creep implies it's slow and could be overlooked, this is a full out sprint.
"
Arcane surge Wiki says:

Duration: Increases and reductions to duration will apply to the duration of the buff. Additionally, it gives the linked skill gem the "Duration" tag, which causes support gems like Less Duration Support and Swift Affliction Support to apply its damage boost, even if the active skill gem does not otherwise have the "Duration" tag.

Thats the only reason for AS in this setup
Yes, this combo works with RF.

The reduced skill duration penalty doesn't affect the skill in any way.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
"
torturo wrote:

I know the combo works. Was curious if the reduced skill effect duration worked in way.

This begs the question of why use it then?

Chance to ignite and efficacy gives a higher "more" damage multipliers together then swift affliction does by it self.

Or is there something I am missing?
"
gladiatorpie wrote:
"
torturo wrote:

I know the combo works. Was curious if the reduced skill effect duration worked in way.

Chance to ignite and efficacy gives a higher "more" damage multipliers together then swift affliction does by it self.

I'm actually curious about Chance to Ignite working with RF. For some reason I always thought it required a hit to support a skill. Has that changed or am I remembering wrong?
"
gladiatorpie wrote:
"
torturo wrote:

RF-Burning dmg-Ele focus-Surge-Swift affliction-Less duration

vs

RF-Burning dmg-Ele focus-Conc effect-Ignite-Efficacy

The thing is that AS enables 2 additional gems, not just Swift affliction. Dmg with the 2nd one is greater only if you put Conc effect. Also in PoB, Chance to ignite doesn't work on RF - not sure if bug... Probably not because RF can't ignite (as it doesn't hit or ignites by itself)
Last edited by n0z0mu on Apr 23, 2018, 2:15:33 PM
Chance to ignite gives more fire damage. And RF damage is increased by fire damage modifiers according to the wiki.

Is there something in the tag that prevents chance to ignite from working?

Ahhhh supports any skill that hits enemies. Ok got it. Swift affliction/AS is the superior choice.
Last edited by gladiatorpie on Apr 23, 2018, 2:20:42 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info