Fix zombies already

Seriously how hard is it to just make them attack ANY TIME an enemy is near and lock on hardcore like mobs do to you? I've literally had them stand in front of a mob and DO NOTHING! And half the time you have to run through or past a group of mobs for them to attack. How is this viable when you're supposed to be guarded by them and not leading them!?
Last bumped on Apr 26, 2018, 1:12:32 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
zombies have no brains.

i generally use create corpse or skeletons or srs to direct the zombies where to attack.
Sure it would be nice if you could set ai parameters to aggressive or defensive or roaming , but like golems i suspect this would involve a jewel.
"
UnholyHanma wrote:
Seriously how hard is it to just make them attack ANY TIME an enemy is near and lock on hardcore like mobs do to you?

It would be pretty darn simple, given GGG already have an AI that works like that, attached to zombies no less. I don't know about you, but when something is obviously simple, and isn't done, it makes me wonder if, oh, I don't know, maybe GGG deliberately don't want zombies to work like that?

"
UnholyHanma wrote:
How is this viable when you're supposed to be guarded by them and not leading them!?

They will attack anything you attack. Are you sure that GGG think you are supposed to "be guarded by them", and not in fact "leading them"?
"
SlippyCheeze wrote:
"
UnholyHanma wrote:
How is this viable when you're supposed to be guarded by them and not leading them!?

They will attack anything you attack. Are you sure that GGG think you are supposed to "be guarded by them", and not in fact "leading them"?
Because GGG deliberately changed them to their current AI. They used to be more aggressive.
"
Hemmingfish wrote:
"
SlippyCheeze wrote:
"
UnholyHanma wrote:

Because GGG deliberately changed them to their current AI. They used to be more aggressive.

Wait, are you trying to use a deliberate change to the current AI as, like, an argument against this being a deliberate design choice? Because ... I feel like that kinda supports my position, despite the fact I missed that change?
Last edited by SlippyCheeze on Apr 24, 2018, 9:59:19 AM
I think design consistency is good in an ARPG.

Because of PoE's emphasis on specialization (it poops on hybrid builds), I have a hard time accepting that requiring an attack or cast from you to tell your zombies where to attack is consistent design.

Furthermore, giving you this added minute control (rather than allowing zombies to attack haphazardly) would be good in a game which is highly tactical in nature, but again: PoE has not been relatively rewarding to highly tactical fighting in quite some time.

So you have two sets of affordances here:

1) Punishes hybridization.
2) Punishes highly deliberate combat.

Neither of these affordances is consistent with directed zombie combat, and directed zombie combat is really the only compelling defense I know of for having completely braindead zombies.
Wash your hands, Exile!
You should be leading them, thats the idea. To lead them easy just use a curse, bum! ez clear + ez agro for the Zs
Actually I wouldn't mind them 'fixing' them as well. Their leash is too short imo, something not even half way between me and the screen and they'll run back and forth not knowing what to do. spectres with range attacks would shoot it, skeletons would walk to it, srs would kill it, animate weapon would kill things off screen, running out of an aoe pulls your zombies off of mobs too easily.

I think lengthening the leash they have would fix a lot of issues some people have with zombies, because dps and aoe clear isn't the issue anymore.
It's just stupid. People fly around at a million miles per hour destroying everything so why can't my zombies just be remotely competent? I'm sorry but "working as intended" doesn't cut it. I'm constantly in front of mobs getting shredded while my zombies are just dancing in a circle. Makes alot of sense when all my life steal is from them attacking.

They're just bad, bad, bad! Michael Jackson!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info