You will be able to catch beasts in Flashback. Hell yeah! Wait...

They could implement it if they take care of the problems it causes.

1) No penalties associated for killing stuff. Somewhat mitigated by necro-nets but not a good fix.

2) No targeting during combat. Some of us play skills that rely on targeting. Making you target something that's not your target doesn't work. Somewhat mitigated by smart net targeting.

3) No tools in our inventory. Not addressed yet.

All three problems can be solved by re-working the net nonsense. If they do that, adding bestiary to core would suit me fine. Getting rid of the concept of nets is essential to the game, at least for me. I'll be finding other things to do with my time.
"
Seymowr wrote:
lol ggg looks like a blinded kid on a minefield, they refuse to realize that bestiary was a failure.

The fact they are putting a race in with bestiary half way thru might have been a subtle hint tbh. That said if I play the racee I will put nets on my filter hide list and just ignore it.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Wont be playing it. Hope they realize that Bestiary will ruin the core game. But if it goes core, it's over guys.

u said same about lab, never underestimate people stupidity and to put up with bullshit. My thoery is its all based on following rather than goodness. Look at rap or reality shows. Hell we have a reality star as president.

i think Kanye is a shoe in 2020. Rapper with a reality show wife
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Apr 22, 2018, 11:02:21 PM
I thought they were going to apply those flash back league onto the current bestiary league but i have to start over again? For just 3 weeks? No ty.
"The launch day went quite well with just a few small hotfixes to address minor problems."

Heist League - GGG
I suspect they've done this for a few reasons:

1. They know a large part of the player base is going to jump ship from Bestiary so they might as well enable rather than hinder that. It's better to have all the player base in one area than splitting the field and having both feel partially empty.

2. Flashback leagues often include old mods that are no longer able to be selected. Perhaps this is a hint from GGG that once the league is over that Bestiary will be consigned to the pages of history. OK, probably not. Sunk cost and all that.

3. They're hoping that with the improvements they've made and the others to come, that player's second experience of Bestiary will be a positive one (it won't) and that they will get support to enact it in the full game (they won't). It's ironic there's a headpiece call the Hubric Circlet in the game, given that it goes right over the developer's heads.

Anyway, nail in the coffin for me was the announcement confirming they were blocking past league uniques in the flashback league. Why the hell would I play through that on top of having fricken annoying super-beasts every map? It'll be lvl 35 for me, free loot box, then log off to something else for a few weeks that I'll actually enjoy.

To paraphrase one of the great modern philosophers of the 20th century (Ford Fairlane, Rock and Roll detective) "Playing Bestiary a second time around is like masturbating with a cheese grater. Slightly interesting, but mostly painful".
"
Anyway, nail in the coffin for me was the announcement confirming they were blocking past league uniques in the flashback league. Why the hell would I play through that on top of having fricken annoying super-beasts every map? It'll be lvl 35 for me, free loot box, then log off to something else for a few weeks that I'll actually enjoy.

Yeah that response I found really strange, like who cares if it's a one-month event, let people have their fun.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

3) No tools in our inventory.

I agree, but....that's interesting. A town portal and a wisdom scroll are not tools?
“Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.”
― Christopher Hitchens
My QoL List: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3279646
Last edited by Antigegner on Apr 23, 2018, 5:37:19 AM
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

We have less things in inventory during bestiary than during harbinger or talisman or even breach
"
AsbelFar wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

We have less things in inventory during bestiary than during harbinger or talisman or even breach

true, but those were not tools
“Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.”
― Christopher Hitchens
My QoL List: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3279646
Oh fuck, i wanted to play that but i will get ugly bestiary achievements... That's some serious downside.
"In this game you're just a cow being milked, not a human being entertained" - Kiss_Me_Quick

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info