Please!! Armours that fit female characters!! :)

"
Orbaal wrote:

Accounting the fact, that GGGs engine is like 10 years old, it might actually be a nightmare to get the work done.

Accounting for this fact should actually mean the changes are much easier to implement then not.
If we consider that they should have some internal rigging system in place by now and are not using an engine like unity with no in house customization added.

It is simply a matter of reducing the size of most skins to fit something other then a maurader. Adding in an additional few snap points should be childs play for an experience developer.

It would be better use of their time then releasing new mtx as it would give exisiting products more use.

lets not pretend that the art team are amateurs.

"
nadakuu wrote:
"
Orbaal wrote:

Accounting the fact, that GGGs engine is like 10 years old, it might actually be a nightmare to get the work done.

Accounting for this fact should actually mean the changes are much easier to implement then not.
If we consider that they should have some internal rigging system in place by now and are not using an engine like unity with no in house customization added.

It is simply a matter of reducing the size of most skins to fit something other then a maurader. Adding in an additional few snap points should be childs play for an experience developer.

It would be better use of their time then releasing new mtx as it would give exisiting products more use.

Not necessarily. As a matter of fact we dont know their engine nor their inhouse dev-kits.

It might well be, that no one planned ahead when they were creating the models and rigs.
It might be, that were going for an "One-Size-Fits-All" approach and all they are doing is creating the biggest variant and then just scale it down.

If so, they would actually have to rework most models and rigs.

All Im trying to say is:
None of us has the knowledge to even estimate the amount of work needed to make it happen.
GGG does know and they didnt release any MTXs like those that players are asking for in this thread.
Why? Because they dont know how to pull it off?
No, they do know and didnt go for it - although they would have earned money by doing so.

Thats all you need to know to figure out yourself - its not as easy as you think.
If it was, these MTXs would already exist since years.
"
Orbaal wrote:
"
nadakuu wrote:

Thats all you need to know to figure out yourself - its not as easy as you think.

This is a great point. Honestly it's really possible that it was just a weird decision that was made 10 years ago and now it's really hard to fix. But do you think that if that was the case, they would decide to keep it like this forever?

If they want to constantly improve, I think this change is an extremely important one to make soon :(. I can't tell if I speak for everyone, or even all girls, but seeing cool armour on a game really inspires me to start playing in the first place. Seeing my character looking super cool is one of the things that gets me excited about staying on the game XD. I'm sure they want all of their characters looking nice, so wouldn't they HAVE to eventually take this step no matter how much work it is?
"
Zalhan2 wrote:
Now I have this image of a templar wearing nothing but a bathrobe and Gandolf hat.

Ew XDD their outfits are already TOO skimpy
"

This is a great point. Honestly it's really possible that it was just a weird decision that was made 10 years ago and now it's really hard to fix. But do you think that if that was the case, they would decide to keep it like this forever?

Depends on what it costs to make it happen :)

The more expensive it gets, the less likely its going to happen just to make female MTXs.
But if they were planning an overhaul of the animation system or character models (or whatever it is thats holding them back now) to achieve something bigger and hopefully financially more interesting, then female MTXs could be a smart byproduct. So I can totally see that happening at some point.

Cheers
Try a sadist garb base,evasion/es if i am not mistaken it's the best item-base in the game to achieve what you want.(scion looks the best in it)

Shavronnes wrapping is also pretty neat looking.

Peace,

-Boem-

Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
If we talk about plate armor, "girly skin" (aka "metal bra") is just a myth, created by people, who have absolutely no idea about how it looks like and works in reality. Or just want to make it "look cool", just a how hollywood makes us believe that a shot from gun can send someone flying 4 metres back.
In reality, plate armour must have form to deflect blows. If it's shaped as "two boobs", then a place in between will target all blows in the middle, so blade or spear just penetrates it easily and hits the heart. No sane armourer will ever make such stupid design.
Furthermore, to soften blows, a person clad in plate armour has to wear several layers of cloth. Even if a woman has 6-th size boobs, there will be asolutely no need to change armour significantly to make it fit.
I know, PoE is a fantasy game. But still, attempts to follow reality where it's possible should be ENCOURAGED! Armor looks in PoE just follow reality, that's all.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
If we talk about plate armor, "girly skin" (aka "metal bra") is just a myth, created by people, who have absolutely no idea about how it looks like and works in reality. Or just want to make it "look cool", just a how hollywood makes us believe that a shot from gun can send someone flying 4 metres back.
In reality, plate armour must have form to deflect blows. If it's shaped as "two boobs", then a place in between will target all blows in the middle, so blade or spear just penetrates it easily and hits the heart. No sane armourer will ever make such stupid design.
Furthermore, to soften blows, a person clad in plate armour has to wear several layers of cloth. Even if a woman has 6-th size boobs, there will be asolutely no need to change armour significantly to make it fit.
I know, PoE is a fantasy game. But still, attempts to follow reality where it's possible should be ENCOURAGED! Armor looks in PoE just follow reality, that's all.

If this were true, then the armour would also look thick on the male characters. But instead, it fits them perfectly, and only looks huge on the girls. That isn't realistic. In reality, everyone would have armour that fits them - if it's skin tight on guys, it should be skin tight on girls. If it's huge on guys, it should be equally huge on girls. That's not what we see here.
"
Boem wrote:
Try a sadist garb base,evasion/es if i am not mistaken it's the best item-base in the game to achieve what you want.(scion looks the best in it)

Shavronnes wrapping is also pretty neat looking.

Peace,

-Boem-

Honestly this is one of the nicer fitting ones. The way it fits kind of proves that it's possible for other armours? Like it shouldn't be a problem with the engine to do it for the microtransaction skins T_T
"
Orbaal wrote:
"
nadakuu wrote:
"
Orbaal wrote:

Not necessarily. As a matter of fact we dont know their engine nor their inhouse dev-kits.

It might well be, that no one planned ahead when they were creating the models and rigs.
It might be, that were going for an "One-Size-Fits-All" approach and all they are doing is creating the biggest variant and then just scale it down.

If so, they would actually have to rework most models and rigs.

All Im trying to say is:
None of us has the knowledge to even estimate the amount of work needed to make it happen.
GGG does know and they didnt release any MTXs like those that players are asking for in this thread.
Why? Because they dont know how to pull it off?
No, they do know and didnt go for it - although they would have earned money by doing so.

Considering every other game can do this and they haven't said its an issue I think this is argument is a non starter. GGG is pretty honest about what they can't do easily. Plus they have added the scion model since start which is a fuck ton harder than just making skin wear non bulky leather. And yea I program for a living but I am not saying I am a POE code expert.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info