Please!! Armours that fit female characters!! :)

Alright, so I'd like to start this off by saying that I'm really new to PoE. I'm also a girl. I've only been playing for about a month, and Bestiary is my first league. I really really love the game so far, but there is something that has been bothering me this whole time, and I wanna put it out there in case other people agree.

It's about the armour skins. Okay okay, so armour skins have no effect on how the game is actually played. But PoE is a roleplaying game. I'm sure a lot of us can agree that if we're getting into our character's role, we want to have cool looking armour, right? Armour skins are also a big source of money for Path of Exile, since they're one of the most popular microtransactions. This means that nice armour skins are important for them, too. Making skins that people would buy = money, which is within their best interest.

But even though the armour I've seen has been so detailed, creative, and overall really cool looking, it seems like none of them fit the female characters properly. I play a Witch and a Scion, and I haven't been able to find any armours that compliment my characters at all... All of the armours seem to be made to compliment the male characters, and when they're put on the female ones, they look really wide and manly. Because of this, it's impossible for me to get excited about armour skins. I actually ended up buying a microtransaction skin that looked really great in the preview. It was a really fitted leather looking armour. Or at least... It was really tight on the guy... When I put it on my Scion, she instantly looked really wide like a man XD, which was super sad since I really just wanted one armour that would fit and that one seemed like the best choice.

I want to make a note here that I really appreciate how PoE doesn't have extremely skimpy/revealing armours like most games do. Some people enjoy it, but that's just not realistic. Having said that, if the goal of microtransaction armour is to make your character look epic, there SHOULD be some options that at least fit the female character bases. They would be so popular, I know it! I've been looking for something like that ever since I started playing, I can't be alone.

Just for reference:

This armour is SO COOL. It really has so much detail, and I would be so excited about it if it just fit correctly. All it really needs is to be a little bit skinnier around the torso. Admit it, if you don't care what armour looks like then you don't. But if you care about it at all, then this is not what you want your female character to look like. If it were just for certain heavy armours then sure, fine. But you can even see this with something as simple as a robe:

If you compare the male base to the one with the robe, you can see that the robe fits almost exactly like his base-shirt. This makes sense. Honestly it looks good, it really compliments the guy and I would be super pumped to pick up an armour with this base on a male character. But if you look at the female one, the robe isn't even comparable to her base outfit. It almost looks like she's using her boyfriend's top instead of wearing one that's actually her size. Don't get me wrong, it doesn't look ridiculous or anything like that, but the robe just doesn't compliment her at all. I was really not pumped about wearing this armour in the game for that reason. I mean if nothing else, the robe-type armours should at least fit correctly...

What I'm asking for is something like this:

Alright alright, it's concept art and it's detailed. But I don't mean the art, I mean the fit. See how no skin is required to make the armour look good on the female character? But it looks SO nice! It's just skinnier in different places to compliment her shape, and because of that, players would be super excited to pick this armour base up whether they're on a male OR female character.

**Edit** There has been a lot of talk about the possibility that it's impossible for PoE to make fitting armour. That it could have just been a problem from a long time ago where the female armour had to be a certain thickness, and now this is impossible to change. However this isn't true.

I made this picture using ONLY armours that already exist, without making any of them thinner or anything, just layering them on top of each other. (Thank you http://www.lunaz.com/poe-fashion/scion/index.html for all of the armour bases with the same pose to make this possible). I'm not an artist, but this fit is what I'm asking for. Just more things that compliment the female characters rather than only guys.

I understand that a very small percentage of the PoE playerbase is actually girls. Maybe that's why this wide female armour hasn't really been that big of a deal. Guys can always get excited about the microtransaction armours that compliment the six packs and big shoulders on their male characters XD. But anyone that appreciates art in an MMO would appreciate this change, I'm sure. I know it would be a lot of work to go back and fix the fit of EVERY single armour in the game, but even just letting an upcoming microtransaction armour look good on both genders by letting the female version be skinnier (like the female no-armour bases) would be amazing. Whatever extra work is involved in making this change, I know it would be worth GGG's time in the long run to make this change now, it would really make a difference to people who appreciate nice armour but play female characters, like me :).

(Edited this post to make it more clear what I mean!)
Last edited by ChihiroGreyhorn on Apr 24, 2018, 3:16:39 PM
Last bumped on Apr 24, 2018, 11:04:48 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
"

Have you guys noticed this too? XD am I just crazy? I know it's a totally insignificant part of the game, but I would love to have microtransactions that make the female characters look cool and not just the dudes.

Despite not being a guy, yes, I noticed. It was, to me, a great relief. It is so rare to see a game that doesn't condemn anyone presenting as female to leotards or chain-mail bikinis.

You are also not alone: there are complaints about once a month about the lack of skimpy costumes, and more rarely, about the gear all being "masculine", or just not being gendered.

Anyway, by this point I think it would be safe to say that GGG are not especially interested in going down that path. They have had years, and resisted the calls - and there are definitely many of them from the "where is my crotch shot" brigade - to change their approach.
I think there are quite a few armours and MTXs that fit on the female characters well.

(With the head-hiding armour and MTX choices above, you can still tell exactly which character it is just from body shape and posture.)
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
Last edited by dudiobugtron on Apr 22, 2018, 7:04:29 PM
"
SlippyCheeze wrote:
"

Have you guys noticed this too? XD am I just crazy? I know it's a totally insignificant part of the game, but I would love to have microtransactions that make the female characters look cool and not just the dudes.

Despite not being a guy, yes, I noticed. It was, to me, a great relief. It is so rare to see a game that doesn't condemn anyone presenting as female to leotards or chain-mail bikinis.

You are also not alone: there are complaints about once a month about the lack of skimpy costumes, and more rarely, about the gear all being "masculine", or just not being gendered.

Anyway, by this point I think it would be safe to say that GGG are not especially interested in going down that path. They have had years, and resisted the calls - and there are definitely many of them from the "where is my crotch shot" brigade - to change their approach.

Noooo oh my gosh I don't want skin showing or crotches or something :O I mentioned that! That isn't really realistic, and I honestly I appreciate that PoE is one of the few games that doesn't have THAT. But it's like... The armours don't fit the girl characters right. They're so wide, it's like not even fitting the base of the character.
Like you know how some of the microtransaction armour skins are like leather and super form fitting for the guy? Then you try it on a girl character and for some reason it's like not form fitting and just really wide and it doesn't look good.

I feel like it's just hard to get excited about a microtransaction armour or any cool looking armour if it doesn't fit right...
"

Noooo oh my gosh I don't want skin showing or crotches or something :O I mentioned that!

Sorry, yeah, I ... I fail at English. I didn't mean to group you in with them at all.

I meant to say "if GGG won't change things despite years of them asking, I doubt they will change it for your much more reasonable, tasteful request".
"
dudiobugtron wrote:
I think there are quite a few armours and MTXs that fit on the female characters well.

(With the head-hiding armour and MTX choices above, you can still tell exactly which character it is just from body shape and posture.)

You can tell with the one on the right, the one on the left is still KIND of questionable. Honestly the one on the right is one of the better fitting armours I've seen. But it shouldn't just be identifiable, it should look cool. Like the microtransaction armours look super cool on guys, but there's nothing to get excited about that would look cool on a girl character T_T.

The bigger armours look great on dudes but they kinda make the girls look like balloons T_T.
"
SlippyCheeze wrote:
"

Noooo oh my gosh I don't want skin showing or crotches or something :O I mentioned that!

Sorry, yeah, I ... I fail at English. I didn't mean to group you in with them at all.

I meant to say "if GGG won't change things despite years of them asking, I doubt they will change it for your much more reasonable, tasteful request".

T__T Aww. Honestly it's one of the first things I noticed when I started playing. Everyone wants to get excited about really cool looking armour - and there are SO many cool looking ones, but it's hard to get great ones for girls since nothing looks that great on them.

Probably girls care more about this stuff than guys, and the percentage of girls that play this vs guys is probably really small compared to dudes, so I know it shouldn't be a PRIORITY for PoE or anything. But it would really just be nice as a future microtransaction or something... I went through every single armour and even bought one that didn't look too bad on the preview - but when I put it on it literally made my character look like a dude... T_T
"
Everyone wants to get excited about really cool looking armour

How much does armor mtx improve my character's specs? It doesn't? Then I couldn't care less.
I've always thought the bigger armours look stupid on the shadow as well. He's supposed to be kind of slinky and lithe, but all the armours make it look like he has huge shoulders and washboard abs.

"
How much does armor mtx improve my character's specs?

There are plenty of armours that aren't MTX.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
Last edited by dudiobugtron on Apr 22, 2018, 7:46:57 PM
I think the problem is in the small selection when it comes to fashion.

There's so much armor, armor and more armor when I honestly don't really see the difference between most of them. All the flaming/icy/gloomy/spectral/angel armor are cool and all, but where's the selection of robes and hats? There's so many helmets that most of the head when I would rather be able to see the face and hair. As far as I can tell, the cowboy hat is the only option we have to allow us to do that.
www.twitch.tv/Sushin for various games, generally laid back

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info