Vaal skills can't be used on boss fights? Why?

Remember when there were actually Vaal Skill builds?

Died with a whimper?

At this point they are a clearing gimmick/enhancement.

Although GC miner sure uses Vaal Clarity to it's best effect when an in map boss is encountered. MAN can you shotgun those traps.
"
M4gnific wrote:
So what is the point of vaal skills if i can't use them when they are most needed?

I'm talking about Vaal Grace and Vaal haste. I can't use any of them during the hardest boss fights, like Izaro and Elder generals. Whenever i go into their arena both vaal skills are disabled, saying they don't have enough souls.

The big limitation on Vaal skills is that you can only spend the souls in the same zone that you collected them in. An "arena" is technically in the same zone as the rest of the map its associated with, so you're good to spend them there.

With Izaro and the Elder fights, you're entering a new zone where you have no souls stored. In theory you should be able to charge up a Vaal gem off of summoned mobs, but usually the fight is over before enough of those come along. I also have a suspicion that certain summoned / resurrected mobs may not have souls to collect, but I've been unable to find any confirmation on this...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info