Xbox RIP POE Economy + Drop rate % requires Buff

After testing the game on Xbox i see no reason to continue playing on this platform. Got to lvl 85 with 2 characters with a couple of my friends but we decided there is no point playing here anymore.
They are several issues which makes the gaming experience nothing like the PC version and makes more of frustration than an enjoyable experience.

First the playerbase is low on XBox so low that it affect the economy in a bad way which results in people hitting a wall with their characters preventing them going further into the game, let me explain:

Buyers demand goods and services; sellers supply goods and services. Markets exist
when buyers and sellers interact. A market exists when buyers and sellers exchange goods and
services. In POE on Xbox this economy system does not exist... prices are extremely inflated and ridiculous, items which cost for 2-3 chaos on PC sell for 2-3 Exalt on Xbox -_- They are not many buyers and not many sellers either. Instead of promoting an exchange system where the availability of goods permits a good economy we instead dive into a territory were the market just does not move at all either in term of prices or availability of items its a mess.

Demand and Supply interactions is low, price a product in a market based on competition and product type is non existent since there is no competition among sellers + the lack of availability of items.

The mistake that was made on GGG part was to release the game with the same conditions has the PC version without taking into account the population over here on the XBOX is low and are more casual than PC players.

I also blame the drop rate % , 350Hours gameplay in the game :
0: Exalt
80: Chaos Orb

That is a substantial amount of time invested but it clearly bears no rewards.
I was hoping to enjoy the XBox version but why play in an environment were you not enjoying it.

Last bumped on Jun 11, 2018, 11:12:37 PM
Maybe it might come down to toying with drop rates in the end, but I hope that GGG sees that as a last resort - as in, I don't think GGG should up the overall drop rate but never say "never". I'd really want to hear from the SSF players first - they should have the better handle on drop rate versus trade as the issue.

I'd prefer that GGG did something like lower Zana's price of chisels, and enough that players of all levels started using them regularly. Or add a map vendor to sell non-unique maps up to the nth tier for chump change (with n being greater than or equal to 11). Or add a vendor recipe to inexpensively upgrade the quality of a map up to say 10%.

If GGG does something, I prefer that it be visible. And as previously, I suggest trying any change as an Xbox league exclusive giving GGG an easy out if things go sideways.
I now comment in Forums with my Xbox account:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/xbox/view-profile/walkjohn55
"
thevazzpink wrote:
After testing the game on Xbox i see no reason to continue playing on this platform. Got to lvl 85 with 2 characters with a couple of my friends but we decided there is no point playing here anymore.
They are several issues which makes the gaming experience nothing like the PC version and makes more of frustration than an enjoyable experience.

First the playerbase is low on XBox so low that it affect the economy in a bad way which results in people hitting a wall with their characters preventing them going further into the game, let me explain:

Buyers demand goods and services; sellers supply goods and services. Markets exist
when buyers and sellers interact. A market exists when buyers and sellers exchange goods and
services. In POE on Xbox this economy system does not exist... prices are extremely inflated and ridiculous, items which cost for 2-3 chaos on PC sell for 2-3 Exalt on Xbox -_- They are not many buyers and not many sellers either. Instead of promoting an exchange system where the availability of goods permits a good economy we instead dive into a territory were the market just does not move at all either in term of prices or availability of items its a mess.

Demand and Supply interactions is low, price a product in a market based on competition and product type is non existent since there is no competition among sellers + the lack of availability of items.

The mistake that was made on GGG part was to release the game with the same conditions has the PC version without taking into account the population over here on the XBOX is low and are more casual than PC players.

I also blame the drop rate % , 350Hours gameplay in the game :
0: Exalt
80: Chaos Orb

That is a substantial amount of time invested but it clearly bears no rewards.
I was hoping to enjoy the XBox version but why play in an environment were you not enjoying it.

So why don't you sell items for 2-3ex on Xbox?
I was running previous league lot of uber labs. It dropped lot of exalted and good items from boss chests and silver doors. Also sometimes you may get a good enchant which you sell for lot if that's used on good item.
Running maps will move you nowhere, it cost more for upgrading maps/zana mods than rewards.
Last edited by jaav on Apr 22, 2018, 6:25:44 AM
Sorry, but running maps can also be profitable. Lab running can also be bad, if you choose slow char or a char thats using leap slam to move through the lab. This league, I kinda speed farmed burial chambers, found several exalts, a few doctors etc. All in all its not bad, there are many ways to make currency in the game, you just have to do them the right way and probably get a bit lucky sometimes with drops. I think the main difference to the pc version is, that we cannot farm as efficient on the xbox version as on the pc. Targeting can be very awful and render certain skills just useless on xbox. Desync slows you down considerably and also causes some skills to perform way worse, like flicker strike. Because of that, you have way less items onthe market, which increases the prices,gives price fixers even more power. Manipulation of a small market requires way less resources. Then due to the lack of item availability, many builds are just not usable efficiently, as you run mostly with snd or trd best items in slots. Some ppl say, just play a league starter, some thicc jugg or some sunder etc... But yeah not everyone enjoys the playstyle and after all this is a game which means its for entertainment. They really have to work on giving us players the same efficiency playing this game like on pc. Fixing all the gameplay issues we are facing. Once they have done this and its not getting better, then they could start thinking about increasing some drop rates, but please not before. Just start fixing the issues. For totally new players, the experience must be super awful.
"
filix wrote:
... All in all its not bad, there are many ways to make currency in the game, you just have to do them the right way and probably get a bit lucky sometimes with drops. I think the main difference to the pc version is, that we cannot farm as efficient on the xbox version as on the pc. Targeting can be very awful and render certain skills just useless on xbox. Desync slows you down considerably and also causes some skills to perform way worse, like flicker strike. Because of that, you have way less items onthe market, which increases the prices,gives price fixers even more power. Manipulation of a small market requires way less resources. Then due to the lack of item availability, many builds are just not usable efficiently, as you run mostly with snd or trd best items in slots. Some ppl say, just play a league starter, some thicc jugg or some sunder etc... But yeah not everyone enjoys the playstyle and after all this is a game which means its for entertainment. They really have to work on giving us players the same efficiency playing this game like on pc. Fixing all the gameplay issues we are facing. Once they have done this and its not getting better, then they could start thinking about increasing some drop rates, but please not before. Just start fixing the issues. For totally new players, the experience must be super awful.

A decent State of the Union summary for POE on Xbox - at least it hits many of the thoughts that I am having. I do expect that OP and I hold differing opinions on things like how reasonable it is to expect everyone to "just do things the right way", or "how easy it would be for everyone to play like OP does" (based on another post by OP). I think that GGG should improve the Xbox game play (the way leap works currently is such a crime ...) and work on the Xbox user interface. The Trade Board needs some love too but GGG has so many stakes in the ground there that things are difficult.
I now comment in Forums with my Xbox account:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/xbox/view-profile/walkjohn55
I struggle trying to understand certain type of players..

I did my first ever char on xbox this league.

Picked a decent cheap league starter build.
Currently lvl89 , can do every map with any rolls up to t11-12 ( have not done higher ones yet. Just did first elder/shaper whatever guy today.

Have ~10ex currency and another 1-3ex as gear i can sell

Now i can make a more fun and expensive build if i want.

Where is the problem?
Do i need to make an expensive build to start with?

I would not do anything but good aoe or summoner on xbox thanks to the crippled targeting.
"
V3mpa1N wrote:
I struggle trying to understand certain type of players..

I did my first ever char on xbox this league.

Picked a decent cheap league starter build.
Currently lvl89 , can do every map with any rolls up to t11-12 ( have not done higher ones yet. Just did first elder/shaper whatever guy today.

Have ~10ex currency and another 1-3ex as gear i can sell

Now i can make a more fun and expensive build if i want.

Where is the problem?
Do i need to make an expensive build to start with?

I would not do anything but good aoe or summoner on xbox thanks to the crippled targeting.

I think the difference are are expectations.Player who experienced the game on PC have probably way higher expectations, than someone who started with the xbox version. I agree, with some patience and some farming it s easily possible to accumulate some currency. But I would say the way how people nowadays play games has mostly changed. Like:

Multiplayer is ok, as long I can do every content easily solo as well.
I want to reach endgame within my first 24h of playing without the need to research anything about the game.
Figuring things out on my own is baaaah, gimme youtube.

And this is where its getting complicated, youtube is full of content, but all based on the player experience of the PC version. Almost 95% of the builds are utilizing a movement skill (bad idea on xbox due to desync). Then the others are utilizing flasks (very bad idea on XBOX unless you spend money like I did and get an elite controller, that gives you the ability to use flasks, while still being able to move or use skills).

So maybe you got a bit lucky here, with your choice of build, that you actually got the items and the playstyle you can enjoy. I have played plenty of builds since the xbox launch, mostly with the purpose to check if they are somewhat xbox viable. I found a couple that I can enjoy, but I spent hundreds of hours,not everyone has the time for that.

I am glad its working out for you, its also working for me, but it could be soo much better for everyone.
I started off on pc way back in closed beta.

Started off as a ranger.
Farmed the docks like a madman.
Got to early mapping and hit a brick wall.
The gear i needed cost way more than i could afford.
+ all the gimmicks with flasks, eva,dex,crit,hit etc made the build confusing.

Got better over time but i still remember those days.

Now the game basically started all over again on xbox.
So i knew i should not go for a complex build to begin with.
And i knew i would not have a mouse so targeting would be harder.

So i did some research.
Found a build that does not need any dmg from gear. Only life/mana and resistances.
The uniques are cheap and common too.
Another great thing is that my minions do all the fighting and so i dont need to target anything.

Great way to start off and see how this game works on xbox.

This is in no way beginner friendly game and you need to do some research.
Worst case is you need to lvl another char since first one did not work out.
But that can be done in a day if you push it so not a big deal really.

I am genuinly puzzled as to why we have PC drop rates. Drops are as they are because the game is balanced around trading. On Xbox we have same drop rates as PC but trading is completely different. Typical xbox player will search for an hour to find a subpar ring upgrade, will find a jewel that would fetch several exalts but not bother to list it because no one will find it on the trade board.

A PC player just did a map fond a good rare neck, few divination cards and then rolled a 5 link prophecy. He just made 1 ex
Xbox player found a good rare, few div cards and rolled 5 link prophecy. He just made a few wisdom scroll fragments.

With PC balance poe is not appealing to console community at large. The way poe is different on xbox from pc makes the game harder. A grindy wikipedia dependent game is not what console players want.
On mobile now, so I’ll probably post again later with further thoughts - but I think a few people in this thread have made very valid points regarding POE’s endgame on Xbox. My frustrations primarily stem from inventory management and how clunky interacting with other players is. A quad stash tab is a nightmare to manage, and bartering is incredibly obnoxious without a global chat. I wouldn’t go so far as to say that the economy is dead, but for a loot based game with this level of potential build complexity, I sure feel forced into relatively few build archetypes and forced to spend way more time than should be necessary on the most tedious aspects of endgame play. I think we need better inventory/stash management tools (optional auto grouping of items, perhaps), global chat features, and either redesigned skills or a better targeting system. If GGG is going to remain adamant regarding account transfers between Xbox and PC, I think it’s only fair that some foundational aspects of the game be adjusted accordingly. It simply isn’t the same game given the limitations that a controller and the xbox’s hardware impose.

Please don’t pooh-pooh other people’s frustrations just because you don’t trade much and decided to play RF/minions/Sunder every league -.- The point isn’t that the game is too hard or requires too much of a grind (I guess the op is sort of complaining about the grind and drop rates, but I think that’s largely stemming from misunderstanding the tasks on which the most in game time is spent - less time dealing with build frustrations that shouldn’t be present/managing clunky UI means more time mapping and doing Lab, and an adjustment to these aspects makes way more sense than “here’s an exalt for every 10 maps you do”), it’s that we have to spend hours doing tedious things that take minutes on PC and are shoehorned into very specific build archetypes due to poor implementation in many cases. I have plenty of friends who play/have played the PC version who refuse to touch the game on Xbox JUST because of how awful inventory management is with a controller.
Last edited by Deadbootss on Apr 25, 2018, 12:55:23 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info