Buff pure physical damage

+1

And god I hate this lioneyes roar knockback, with builds like cleave you gonna lose clearspeed when using it.
"
zzang wrote:
Anything above 50% penetration feels like a massive design failure. A cap for ele penetration and conversion could make sense in the current situation.

Fuck yea GGG need to stop with pen, they put pen on every items and skill.

Just cap penetration to 50% yes is best idea. However if they go to this direction they also should cap resistance a player can get at 90%
Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
Last edited by Head_Less on Apr 24, 2018, 10:14:58 AM
I do not think that penetration on its own is that much of an issue. It just contributes because there are SO many ways to scale ele damage.

Conversion, Added as %, penetration are all MORE multipliers exclusive to elemental damage. Plus there are increased elemental rolls all over the gear, and flat elemental is also MUCH more available in gear that flat physical. You also have auras, heralds and way more DPS flasks.

Add to that that ANY increase to general damage OR physical damage or Speed will directly increase elemental damage as well. Another thing is, while physical has it generally better in the resistance department, if the map mod has flat physical resist there is pretty much nothing you can do, while with elemental you can still penetrate it.

That's the whole point. Too many ways to scale ele damage, too few to scale pure physical.
this is not something new. we had a balancing point in 1.x times - leech nodes were physical ONLY

elemental could have all the damage but if you wanted leech - Warlord's Mark or Life Leech Support. that was it. you can leech via Atziri's Promise ofc but that is hardly reliable enough for tough spots

but right now physical has lost almost all of its unique perks (leech was one of them and it was very distinct division between phys/ele and attack/spells in closed beta - guys that did that design were good), gained almost nothing, while everything in the game screams 'noob!' at you if you use it instead of elemental

phys buffs wont cut it. first - most of the buffs would simply get converted to ele, second - how do you buff by 100% and not get insane?, third - exponential scaling vs linearly scaled content (and this is what adding more multipliers equals to) is design disaster and utter insanity with no way of redeeming it if it fails
"
astraph wrote:
I do not think that penetration on its own is that much of an issue. It just contributes because there are SO many ways to scale ele damage.

Conversion, Added as %, penetration are all MORE multipliers exclusive to elemental damage. Plus there are increased elemental rolls all over the gear, and flat elemental is also MUCH more available in gear that flat physical. You also have auras, heralds and way more DPS flasks.

Add to that that ANY increase to general damage OR physical damage or Speed will directly increase elemental damage as well. Another thing is, while physical has it generally better in the resistance department, if the map mod has flat physical resist there is pretty much nothing you can do, while with elemental you can still penetrate it.

That's the whole point. Too many ways to scale ele damage, too few to scale pure physical.

Yes, exactly.

If you get a 40% phys reduction on monsters + endurance charge on hit map, then you only deal 15% of your physical damage after hitting mobs 3 times. Even with using a level 20 vulnerability you only gonna deal 21% of your physical damage and there gonna be a lot such maps later, it feels for me like one of those mods or both roll on every second map and if I also get enfeeble or inc monster hp with it then its really one of THOSE days.

Its unfair, even with no curses and penetration elemental damage is always dealing at least 25% of its damage. There is no way to reduce the enemy physical reduction if it doesnt come from armor, while elemental builds have both curses and penetration to reduce the resistances in addition to easier scaling.

What were they thinking?

"
sidtherat wrote:

phys buffs wont cut it. first - most of the buffs would simply get converted to ele

It was written a 100 times already and every time someone writes about Heralds:

any buff to pure phys should be acompanied with "Deal no non-phys damage"
Adding something interesting what could be used only by fully non conversion skills is bad for variety. I would not support update of any existing items towards that, better to introduce something new.

On the other hand, it would be interesting to have a support gem, which would negate the conversion of the active skill itself - like full phys Infernal Blow, or full phys Frost Blades.

I think that one of the reasons why Pure Phys is not that great in comparison is because some of the elemental conversion skills are better in comparison to those not converting any dmg.
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

3.13 was the golden age.
"
Marxone wrote:
Adding something interesting what could be used only by fully non conversion skills is bad for variety. I would not support update of any existing items towards that, better to introduce something new.

On the other hand, it would be interesting to have a support gem, which would negate the conversion of the active skill itself - like full phys Infernal Blow, or full phys Frost Blades.

I think that one of the reasons why Pure Phys is not that great in comparison is because some of the elemental conversion skills are better in comparison to those not converting any dmg.

I hope this is a joke right? The whole point of this thread is the FACT that there are LOADS of ways to scale damage that are exclusive to ELEMENTAL (be it conversion, flat, added as whatever). All pure phys has is Brutality which is 5% stronger than the strongest elemental gem (elemental damage with attacks).
"
astraph wrote:
"
Marxone wrote:
Adding something interesting what could be used only by fully non conversion skills is bad for variety.

I hope this is a joke right? The whole point of this thread is the FACT that there are LOADS of ways to scale damage that are exclusive to ELEMENTAL (be it conversion, flat, added as whatever). All pure phys has is Brutality which is 5% stronger than the strongest elemental gem (elemental damage with attacks).

I might have missed some words in my thought. I mean adding some additional features to current existing gems or items. It would be better to release new line of stuff which would support pure phys. New Item mods, New support gems, New uniques.

Like why we do have +48% WED on rings, %elemental through essences, and only flat phys to support pure phys? That's BS - letz add more mods to the game, not only for the Elder / Shaper items.

My last build this league what i tried was bleed Spectral Shield Throw, the lack of scaling capabilities resulted in me wearing 2 Le Heup of All.
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

3.13 was the golden age.
Ok that makes sense and i sorta agree but 2 issues arise with this line of thought:

1) It needs way more work

2) If there is not exclusion of ele damage, any physical mod or buff will buff more ele hybrid builds. The issue of this thread is how can pure physical can be somewhat competitive

We can accept the fact that ele damage, either pure, converted or hybrid is THE way to go and pur physical does not exist but:

1) Why did they even bother adding brutality in the first place

2) It is pathetic to think that physical damage is only there to scale elemental.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info