Buff pure physical damage

"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
+1

I wouldnt change how bloodlust works tho, Id just make it do way more damage, prevent ele/chaos and do like 85% more phys.

bloodlust should be allowed to self create bleed.

It's like saying immolate supported skills can't ignite. ??? what?

Now I know the difference is based flat damage versus more etc.

The problem is you have to run two different skills and toggle between them to get any value.

Also with how bleed stacking works, it's junk. It's why it's probably the absolute lowest used support in the game.

Just remove the can't bleed and change it to can't be converted.
+1

Been writing similar suggestions here on the forum for a while. Pure phys now is only for fans of pure phys or only if you have Starforge. Absolutely inferior to all other options.
That aura would be fun for party play with all those ele conversion guys :D

edit: ad Herald
Herald would be great to have and here is how it could work

Letz talk what we have now

1. Ice - AoE on shatter, amazing for clear speed as stuff explodes
2. Thunder - Little self sustained AoE, great for barrels, curse spread
3. Ash - Interesting scaling with overkill mechanics, now supports spells as well attacks with %multiplier. Still AoE effect

So, to keep the AoE mantra of Heralds, and we should have Herald of melee, it would be nice to have effect which would be only at close distance to be fully utilized by melee and won't be abused by ranger or semi ranger weapons

Both Ice and Thunder adds utility and not only pure dmg, but it can be scaled towards that. So, my ideas

1. Grim Dawn in AoM introduced something called Seal of Blades, which gives close range AoE ticker - https://www.grimtools.com/db/items/8898 - it worked wonders to the point it was way too good. But in PoE it might work as we don't have similar mechanics for procs. It might be nice to have sustained AoE around us
2. Have it as defensive barrier - In this crappy league Bestiary, we've got some interesting stuff with defensive barriers which are self sustained, self replenished. If bestiary won't stay (i hope it will be gone) some of the tools could be implemented in other way - like the crab barier as a herald effect. In this matter it would be purely defensive herald, maybe some reflect dmg on dmg taken.
3. Get an Aftershock after using melee skill with a internal cooldown so it won't break game - either on ground aoe or again something bound to character as a walking aoe after effect.
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

I SUPPORT FLASK MACROS
3.13 was the golden age. Down the drain we go.
Last edited by Marxone on Apr 23, 2018, 4:55:17 AM
"
Marxone wrote:
That aura would be fun for party play with all those ele conversion guys :D

True. They can change the wording to "aura has no effect if you are dealing any elemental or chaos damage". Everyone who uses this aura will be using brutality anyway to negate any accidental ele/chaos damage that might come from gear.
Easiest way to fix insane stat stick bonuses is to make all attack skill always alternate between main-hand and off-hand. This would prevent use of "relatively" cheap stat sticks where you just alteration-spam magic ilvl85 item until you score 1 or 2 desirable affixes and then hope for good regal slam. If you hit good mod with regal, you just got perfect stat stick, if you do not hit desirable mod, you just scoure and go again.

Other option would be to make these mods strictly local, which would disqualified stat sticks as a whole (this would be very heavy-handed change and disliked by many).
"
Baron01 wrote:
Easiest way to fix insane stat stick bonuses is to make all attack skill always alternate between main-hand and off-hand. This would prevent use of "relatively" cheap stat sticks where you just alteration-spam magic ilvl85 item until you score 1 or 2 desirable affixes and then hope for good regal slam. If you hit good mod with regal, you just got perfect stat stick, if you do not hit desirable mod, you just scoure and go again.

Other option would be to make these mods strictly local, which would disqualified stat sticks as a whole (this would be very heavy-handed change and disliked by many).

Even not counting fake DW ele conversion beats pure phys every time, so it's a problem of lacking phys support rather than fake DW and statsticks. Statsticks just raise that problem to the whole new level of bullshit.
"
MaxGor31 wrote:

Even not counting fake DW ele conversion beats pure phys every time, so it's a problem of lacking phys support rather than fake DW and statsticks. Statsticks just raise that problem to the whole new level of bullshit.

As stated by someone earlier, physical and elemental damage output in 3.0 was reasonably close, which would be the situation we would back to if you eliminate fake DW. Physical damage trailing slightly behind is much preferred situation than what we currently have.

I do not think answer to this imbalance, as in 3.0 imbalance, is to add more "more" multipliers for physical damage. We already have more than enough of more multipliers. The problem is that elemental conversion always benefits from physical damage scaling, which means physical more multiplier will equally benefit physical as well as elemental damage unless you restrict it same way as Brutality. GGG should come up with other ways to buff physical damage.

I think it is time that bleed mechanic is reviewed and buffed to be strong effect supporting physical damage builds. Bleed should be exclusive with elemental damage effects but as a compensation it would be very strong if properly supported.
"
MaxGor31 wrote:
"
Baron01 wrote:

Exactly. And besides stat sticks are here to stay. Even if they nerf them. How often have you seen Mathil making a pure physical build, who is a known DPS enthousiast -even before stat sticks. There is a reason for it.
"
Baron01 wrote:
"
MaxGor31 wrote:

As stated by someone earlier, physical and 1) elemental damage output in 3.0 was reasonably close, which would be the situation we would back to if you eliminate fake DW. Physical damage trailing slightly behind is much preferred situation than what we currently have.

I do not think answer to this imbalance, as in 3.0 imbalance, is to add more "more" multipliers for physical damage. We already have more than enough of more multipliers. The problem is that elemental conversion always benefits from physical damage scaling, which means physical more multiplier will equally benefit physical as well as elemental damage 2) unless you restrict it same way as Brutality. GGG should come up with other ways to buff physical damage.

I think it is time that bleed mechanic is reviewed and buffed to be strong effect supporting physical damage builds. 3)Bleed should be exclusive with elemental damage effects but as a compensation it would be very strong if properly supported.

1) Close as in closer than now, and to even be that close you needed a monstrous physical damage weapon which are the hardest to roll and the most expensive. Ele scaling was still more powerfull, and even if they completely removed stat sticks, you currently still have shaped/elder amulets, watcher's eye (which can be ridiculous) and abyss jewels which greatly favour ele builds. It won't be reasonably close at all, and i do not see them removing stat sticks at all. However i do agree that reworking dual wielding and removing stat sticking all together is the best option.

2) All my suggestions are based on exactly that. Buffing phys in ways that exclude ele/chaos damage.

3) IMO this is a seperate issue. DoT (in general, not just bleed) needs complete overhaul and to have a completely different way of scaling than burst damage. It should be more about hit and run tactics where you apply DoT effects that last really long and get the fuck out. More of a safer playstyle. But again this is a seperate issue for me. As the game currently stands, where DoTs also scale from your burst damage, they are either worthless or brokenly OP.
Last edited by astraph on Apr 23, 2018, 8:46:43 AM
"
Baron01 wrote:

As stated by someone earlier, physical and 1) elemental damage output in 3.0 was reasonably close, which would be the situation we would back to if you eliminate fake DW. Physical damage trailing slightly behind is much preferred situation than what we currently have.

I do not think answer to this imbalance, as in 3.0 imbalance, is to add more "more" multipliers for physical damage. We already have more than enough of more multipliers. The problem is that elemental conversion always benefits from physical damage scaling, which means physical more multiplier will equally benefit physical as well as elemental damage 2) unless you restrict it same way as Brutality. GGG should come up with other ways to buff physical damage.

I think it is time that bleed mechanic is reviewed and buffed to be strong effect supporting physical damage builds. 3)Bleed should be exclusive with elemental damage effects but as a compensation it would be very strong if properly supported.

On 1 I disagree. They weren't even close if we speak generealy and not about only one weapon (Starforge).

Ele builds can have up to 100% more dps with flasks only. Pure phys has only Lion's Roar.

Also Phys damage has no on-crit ailment. It would make sense if bleed would be inflicted on crit, but it would take massive overhaul of the mechanic.

So as I said pure phys is inferior in any way possible to ele damage both converted and flat.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info