Buff pure physical damage

Elemental scaling was always superior. With the addition of brutality, maim and so on 3.0, the gap became smaller and pure phys could at least be an option. After the addition of elder/shaped stat sticks and amulets, and the watchers eye jewel etc. the situation is worst than ever. Physical damage is only there to scale elemental or be converted.

It is not hard to buff pure physical damage. Simple steps could be taken like:

1) Buff Brutality to scale at 60-79% more physical damage.

2) Change Bloodlust to prevent ele/chaos damage, and not to restrict its damage towards bleeding enemies. Instead give it chance to bleed.

edit: Even better suggestion
-Prevents ele/chaos damage
-Deals 40-59% more melee physical damage
-Deals additional 30% more physical damage against bleeding enemies
-Supported attacks cannot cause bleeding

3) Add a 50% reservation aura giving 35% more physical damage and prevents ele/chaos damage.

4) Add a 25% reservation herald giving flat physical damage, and maybe chance to bleed and prevents ele/chaos damage.

With all these, of course high end ele scaling will still be superior, but at least building pure physical if you have a nice weapon would be an option. Additional things could be made, like an ascedancy (berseker would be perfect for that) converting all ele damage to physical etc.
Last edited by astraph on Apr 24, 2018, 3:16:19 AM
Last bumped on Apr 25, 2018, 6:26:51 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Buff pure physical damage

+1
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
+1

I wouldnt change how bloodlust works tho, Id just make it do way more damage, prevent ele/chaos and do like 85% more phys.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
+1

I wouldnt change how bloodlust works tho, Id just make it do way more damage, prevent ele/chaos and do like 85% more phys.

Yes, that was my first thought and it is generally better, except there are bleed immune enemies in the game, even end game bosses.

The best of both worlds would be:
-Prevents ele/chaos damage
-Deals 40-59% more melee physical damage
-Deals additional 30% more physical damage against bleeding enemies
-Supported attacks cannot cause bleeding
You realize limiting options to auras is also a bad design and makes blood magic that much shittier.

GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
"
MullaXul wrote:
You realize limiting options to auras is also a bad design and makes blood magic that much shittier.

Not limiting. Adding options. Blood Magic became shit the moment mana sustain because so freakin easy. And it is still better than adding retarted mods on stat sticks like a hypothetical 40% more physical damage. Still my opinion though. I d love to hear more opinions on how they could easily buff the pure physical playstyle without fundamental changes (which they won't make) or breaking the game.
Pure physical damage isn't in that bad of spot. You can get pretty close damage wise to an ele conversion build as a 2h or a real dual wield build.

Shaper stat sticks (and to a lesser extent shaper necks with the same 'get x% of physical damage as extra elemental damage) are just stupidly broken. Nerf them, and create a couple shaper mods that add a lot of physical damage, and it should be fine.
"
astraph wrote:
"
MullaXul wrote:

Not limiting. Adding options. Blood Magic became shit the moment mana sustain because so freakin easy. And it is still better than adding retarted mods on stat sticks like a hypothetical 40% more physical damage. Still my opinion though. I d love to hear more opinions on how they could easily buff the pure physical playstyle without fundamental changes (which they won't make) or breaking the game.

BM issues has more to do with auras reverving a % of mana/life, outside shavs build no one wants to run around with 4k life after reservation.
self found league fan

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/324242/page/1

some truly outrageous buffs are needed to balance the effect of 'gain extra elemental damage' shaped/elder stuff brought into the game

and i mean TRULY outrageous

GGG - your shaper/elder mod pool is a TOTAL disaster that wont be easy to recover from. you meant these stat sticks to be 'local' dont you? but someone sneezed and merged this stuff without anyone testing it or something, right?

check the 2h mod pool. there is not a SINGLE pure phys damage option - even the ele/chaos options are terribad (converted to chaos compared to 'gain extra'..)

ive tried to scale pure phys with shield throw and while the build is enjoyable and does everything in the game - the scaling options are junk. the strongest is - as always - crit. and ofc it works best once converted to elemental.

shaped/elder mods are nice (some are too strong) but the 'gain extra' are pure unfixable blunder. noone will allow these mods to be nerfed (oh the outcry) so the solution is.. power creep! give them even more more multipliers! or give them even more supports that pigeon-hole entire playstyle just because it is difficult to fix that 'gain extra' blunder

in short. someone wet the bed and now everyone has to sleep in it
"
Tortunga wrote:
Pure physical damage isn't in that bad of spot. You can get pretty close damage wise to an ele conversion build as a 2h or a real dual wield build.

Shaper stat sticks (and to a lesser extent shaper necks with the same 'get x% of physical damage as extra elemental damage) are just stupidly broken. Nerf them, and create a couple shaper mods that add a lot of physical damage, and it should be fine.

Yeah, that's why i pointed out in the OP that in 3.0 before shaped/elder items the gap was not as big anymore. The biggest offender is of course fake dual weilding.

Still an elemental 2h build can have elder amulet, opal rings, ele damage rolls on all rings, amulet and belt, auras + heralds, shitloads of flat elemental damage on gear and abyss jewels, huge damage boosting flasks like Atziris Promise, Taste of Hate, Sin's rebirth, Wise Oak etc. Plus it it can take advantage of some of really strong ascedancy notables like inevitable judgement and harness the void.

Pure physical on the other hand has it much harder, not only because of the lack of scaling options to that degree, but because high DPS pure physical weapons are the hardest thing to roll in the game and the most expensive. Flat physical on gear jewel is also harder to come by and is more expensive.

So even on 2 handed builds, when optimal gear is considered, ele conversion will come on top with some distance. But when you put stat sticks into the equation, the gap becomes ridiculous.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info