Warnings from "Microsoft" while on Poe.Trade

It's the big 'Trade' button at the top of this page. Works
My hovercraft is full of eels.
Yea, use the official trade site. poe.trade should be blocked by GGG just because they allow adds that constantly use sounds, popups, and fake virus warnings.
I totally get why people hate Poe.Trade, my experience with the site confirms the suspicions. But the amount of traffic it gets, the virtually instantaneous nature of transactions there, makes it hard to beat. So I installed Ad-Blocker on my Chrome browser and it's all good now.

Thanks for the suggestion.
Man does not stop playing because he grows old. He grows old because he stops playing. - Oliver Wendell Holmes
"
lurker14ownz wrote:
Yea, use the official trade site. poe.trade should be blocked by GGG just because they allow adds that constantly use sounds, popups, and fake virus warnings.

not having uBlock and Disconnect in 2018...
dude
Last edited by rzuk892 on Apr 22, 2018, 8:24:47 AM
I haven't seen any ads on poe trade in forever..
In fact, where there should be an ad you can instead read {Allan please add advertisement}
Allan is a big slacker apparently.

*I've had adblock on though, ever since i started using Twitch.
Last edited by teksuoPOE on Apr 22, 2018, 9:49:03 AM
AdBlock+
uBlock
Disconnect
Tor

All are relatively simple browsers, tools, or add ons that kill Ad spam dead. I've used them for so long it's something of a surprise when ever I do see an actual add (almost always hard-coded into a page rather than using google adsense or other analytics to target ads at you).
Unfortunately all of the extensions I've tried to use to get rid of 'anti-adblock nag popups' never work very well or for very long.

DuckDuckGo is a search engine that masks your searches.

Tor masks everything you do but it is horribly clunky and constantly hammers you with 'click this part of an image' to prove you're not a bot. Stopped using it pretty quickly.

Don't know about Disconnect. I just use chrome's 'incognito' window feature, but I have to have all of my passwords memorized.
Patch Notes 3.15:
Fixed a bug where players believed the game was playable. This has been corrected and made retroactive.
Patch Notes 3.19:
Fixed a bug where players adapted to 3.15. This bug cannot be corrected, so we have implemented a 90% reduction in item access as a punishment.
"
rzuk892 wrote:
"
lurker14ownz wrote:

not having uBlock and Disconnect in 2018...
dude

Earlier in this thread I said I did use adblock, many people dont however which is why this thread started in the firstplace.
I have used poe.trade a few times but dont like the site much. I use poeapp.com The site runs better and never heard of anything like that happening on that site.
that's a common bullshit popup that tries to infect your pc with virus, some of them even make your browser go fullscreen and don't let you close it unless you do it with task manager. I suggest you use an adblocker called ublock origins since it's probably the best free adblocker at the moment.
"
BlaqWolf wrote:
Don't know about Disconnect. I just use chrome's 'incognito' window feature, but I have to have all of my passwords memorized.

dude only thing incognito mode does is it doesn't save your browser history, your isp and websites you visit can still see what you do on the internet lmao

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info