Warnings from "Microsoft" while on Poe.Trade

If I browse Poe.Trade long enough, I get a warning dialog, complete with voiceover, telling me that my computer has been hacked and urging me to click, etc. It claims to be "Microsoft" telling me this. Obviously a phish, but my question is this: is this a function of the site itself, or has some malware already infected my PC? My virus software doesn't find anything, but I don't consider that 100% definitive.

Anyone else experiencing this?
Man does not stop playing because he grows old. He grows old because he stops playing. - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Last edited by Winterfury on Apr 21, 2018, 1:11:54 PM
Last bumped on Apr 26, 2018, 8:52:18 PM
Sounds like its too late bro
Time to burn that thing to ground and start over.
You're fine but u should realy install addblock/ghostery/poperblocker.
It's ok to be white

“Once men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free. But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.”

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”
Last edited by jackof8lades on Apr 21, 2018, 1:47:29 PM
You have to install ad blocker for poe.trade. That site uses malicious ads and is a piece of....
The official path of exile site is better for trading if you dont use ad blocker.
At one point poe.trade punished adblockers by hiding results on the live search with a big red "dont use adblocker" type message across the screen.
Research "ransomware". Don't pay them a nickel to "fix" your problem. They'll just keep milking you for all they can get.
Is there no morally upstanding third party path of exile site? I remember before the days of public tabs there was a site with info on currency exchange rates and all it did was advertise real world trading
"
Imaginaerum wrote:
Is there no morally upstanding third party path of exile site? I remember before the days of public tabs there was a site with info on currency exchange rates and all it did was advertise real world trading

Its part of the hardcore path of exile player interaction experience.

Actually I think path of building is ok.
Last edited by gladiatorpie on Apr 21, 2018, 2:27:55 PM
Ok guys, thanks for the tips. I'll install adblocker. I find that I can sell or buy anything almost immediately on Poe.Trade. I didn't know there was an "official" site, how does that work? Is that simply using the public tabs? Can I use public tabs and avoid Poe.Trade altogether? If so, where do I go to buy on the official site?

Thanks
Man does not stop playing because he grows old. He grows old because he stops playing. - Oliver Wendell Holmes
"
Winterfury wrote:
Ok guys, thanks for the tips. I'll install adblocker. I find that I can sell or buy anything almost immediately on Poe.Trade. I didn't know there was an "official" site, how does that work? Is that simply using the public tabs? Can I use public tabs and avoid Poe.Trade altogether? If so, where do I go to buy on the official site?

Thanks

The official site is what you're using right now! It's the "Trade" button 2 tabs right from "Forum"

Having said that, many people prefer Poe.Trade. Would definitely recommend just getting ad block!
Last edited by ChihiroGreyhorn on Apr 21, 2018, 3:17:41 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info