what is your experience with chat mutes/bans?

I remember getting muted in like 2013 for making a really obvious joke about RMT.

THEY DONT PLAY WITH THAT TOPIC
anything is everything
Chat mutes? Bans?
Sorry, not familiar with such things in any kind of Forum/Chats and so on.
Never had any mutes, bans or warnings. Guess I'm just not edgy enough.
"
crystalwitch wrote:
Never been muted or banned and never had to actively try not to be.
I'm usually on Global 2.

I think the only active filters are for catching rmt bots, and the rest is a matter of getting reported by a player, then a mod seeing the report and deciding that it's mute-worthy.
I can't be certain though since as I said, I've never been muted.

Still though, I think you might be making some poor choices seeing as you got muted and then proceeded to use the same word you think you were muted for while discussing your mute in chat which got you muted again.

You might also notice your post was edited to remove one or two of the words you used, maybe try another word instead.

the "foul word filter" was my concern that moment and had to learn about it the most stupid way possible. guess i was not smart.
le toucan gets me banned good
"The problem with scrubcore is that it is full of of scrubs"
- King Edward the Longshanks
Got muted a few times for making snarky comments. Like that one time I said a certain somebody did nothing wrong. About 10 other people in that global said it too.
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Apr 21, 2018, 10:49:13 AM
As someone who has a couple thousand hours into Warframe I can tell you they will ban you for anything! People get banned from WF for shit they say on social media sites that have nothing to do with WF. DE will even ban you from their support if you submit a ticket about a ban received. I wouldn’t mess around over there if you don’t want to chance losing your progress and even money if you bought anything.
"
GreasyGinzo wrote:
People get banned from WF for shit they say on social media sites that have nothing to do with WF.

How do they even do that unless people link their social media accounts with their WF accounts? Seems like a great reason to just not support that company at all.

Just got a new job, and in the employee handbook says that they can fire you over something you say on social media. Really reinforces my cynicism about social media, because I knew stuff like this was going to happen when social media first got popular. I was telling people to be careful about what you say under your real name on the internet, because at some point someone with motives that don't coincide with yours will be able to hold that against you some day.

I say stuff on other websites that would get me banned here, all the freaking time.
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Apr 21, 2018, 12:45:17 PM
It happened to a couple guides of the Lotus so they knew who the person was.
"
GreasyGinzo wrote:
It happened to a couple guides of the Lotus so they knew who the person was.

Lemme guess, they said something snowflakes didn't approve of?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info