how the hell is ED even viable

all the mobs just 2 shot me into oblivion when i'm casting ed+contagion, Ed needs to be smoother and have a faster cast then it has now...

i use chaos golem 4% phys reduction and Immortal call plus fortify and yet i get ripped into fucking pieces in a matter of seconds.

or at least reduce the damage of the mobs because jesus christ any build with 3.1k gets fucked up the ass unless you have insane leech or gain on hit!
Last bumped on Apr 21, 2018, 1:18:19 AM
According to the current state of the game, 3.1K is good to have approximately at lvl 55-60. Backed up with some kind of secondary defenses, ofc.

The cast speed of ED/contagion is a real issue. The need to cast two skills almost simultaneously while not getting exposed to fire, urges you to stack massive amounts of CS.
As long as you don't have a lot of it, gameplay is a chore and character is always in danger.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
Last edited by torturo on Apr 20, 2018, 8:16:59 AM
"
chibiusa91 wrote:
all the mobs just 2 shot me into oblivion when i'm casting ed+contagion, Ed needs to be smoother and have a faster cast then it has now...

i use chaos golem 4% phys reduction and Immortal call plus fortify and yet i get ripped into fucking pieces in a matter of seconds.

or at least reduce the damage of the mobs because jesus christ any build with 3.1k gets fucked up the ass unless you have insane leech or gain on hit!

Before the inane memery descends upon you, here's some legitimate ways to make it feel better.

1. Play a trickster, they get access to nodes which increase your cast speed. This helps ED/C feel 10x smoother, along with having a metric tonne of damage over time and hp/mp regen.

2. Use mind over matter, remember that regen from trickster? Yeah, it's really good

3. And this is arguably the most important point on the list, run temp chains, max that puppy out and realise just how insane it is for mapping, slowing all those mobs to a crawl

4. Stibnite flask is your friend, better yet get a witchfire brew once you have dual curse available, and pop it everytime you charge to a pack. Slow + miss chance = you don't die, and your casts don't get interrupted.

5. if you're somehow still dying, invest in flat mana/hp because aside from getting straight up one shot, you should be inherently tanky by this point. If you're under 5k hp and say, 2k mana, invest more.

6. Don't be underleveled for the map, if you're still struggling consider taking the flask effect nodes around witch, investing in block chance on gear and a well rolled rumi's concoction

I've been where you are, the first time I played ed c I had the same problems, the second time I played it I invested more sensibly to my setup, made sure i had my ascendency complete and adequate life/mana and flasks. The experience was a joy, it's fast powerful and extremely safe.
Slow projectile speed is the biggest ED issue, when targeting fast & agile enemies or teleporting bosses.
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
ED doesn't do the damage to kill bosses anyway you mostly use blight for that, OP just sounds like he needs some cast speed, also make sure you've got arcane surge plus area on blight so its a bit snappier.

It takes a bit of getting used to but you should have no problem killing packs before they touch you.
You should try out dual Poet's Pen.
hi there,

for an ed/ blight occultist you can go for a three curse aura setup with ease (enfeeble/ tc/ dispair), occultist grants you nice curse effect and the skilltree is near the curse clusters anyways, you could throw grace/ discipline in the mix aswell (for lowlife builds), even the new aspect of the spider (on the belt slot for example), for that juicy extra slow is worth to consider, with a setup like this you become tanky enough to enjoy ed/ blight to its fullest.

the only thing you need to keep in mind in a setup like this is that you need to stay in curse aura range, more than often it is better to go all-in than to back off.

for bosses set up your wither totem, inflict ed and then go all in for a few seconds of blight the bosses wont do much while under blight's hinder effect then after ~2seconds when hinder stops back off a little bit and dodge stuff but always stay in curse range, then when blight ends repeat these steps or if you think you can finish the boss within a few secs stay and finish them with blight, your ES (usually around 7-10k) should be able to take some hits.

like with every other build out there you need a defensive setup that suits the needs of the character you build.

hope that helps you a bit.
The game right now is your either one shot the mobs or the mobs one shot you. Those RNG moments when you charge into a pack and get attacked by all monsters at the same time killing you in 0.1s happen wayyy to often. You either have a really strong leech/regen or just play range because going close range without recovery is suicide. That's why summoners are so good, because you have 10-20 meat shields in front of you.
"In this game you're just a cow being milked, not a human being entertained" - Kiss_Me_Quick
ED is fine, I leveled to 72 on a 4 link, that's when I finally had all the humility cards for tabula rasa.

It feels like ass until act 3 though and since it is a spell, if you want smoother boss fights, you should level it up beforehand by grinding a bit.

And I just did uber atziri yesterday on a 5link, so I would say it is still usable.

Last edited by krenderke on Apr 20, 2018, 2:23:58 PM
From what i saw on vids, a good ED+contagion has a huuuuge contagion aoe so you cast the strongest ED you can and it will just spread offscreen a lot without even being seen by mobs
Gives streamers & friends queue priority and leaves supporters who spent hundreds $ packs in the 100k queue.

GGG: Don't you guys follow streamers?
Last edited by ZaeN on Apr 20, 2018, 2:25:48 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info