What's up with Vilenta?

Yea, I went back and reread all of the character dialogue from A5 and still don't see any sign of what the heck happened with her.

Reading through Utala's dialogue, you can see he was a Kitava sympathizer, but the transition from Vilenta being an NPC you help to get a skill point to turning into a demon that you have to kill really makes me scratch my head.....

I guess based on the fight the backstory is that she was doing human experimentation on the slaves within the control block, and that made her... evil? I'm just not sure if it was something she accomplished on her own, or if she was turned into a monster by Kitava, like Utala's case.
"
Yea, I went back and reread all of the character dialogue from A5 and still don't see any sign of what the heck happened with her.

Reading through Utala's dialogue, you can see he was a Kitava sympathizer, but the transition from Vilenta being an NPC you help to get a skill point to turning into a demon that you have to kill really makes me scratch my head.....

I guess based on the fight the backstory is that she was doing human experimentation on the slaves within the control block, and that made her... evil? I'm just not sure if it was something she accomplished on her own, or if she was turned into a monster by Kitava, like Utala's case.

I'm pretty confused, too. I feel like there needs to be some sort of bridging content to explain the transition. Like, my read of her in the first bit was that she super-cared about the "science" of it, maybe even in a Mengele sort of way, and all, but...

...how that turned into the final demon thing, I can't even.
Misasmeter flavour text:

"
"We shall peer at these cosmic wonderments as they
wake and writhe within that deep and nameless dark."
- Vilenta, 'Miasmeter: A Thesis'

I think it's pretty obvious what happened to her, once you bring her back the miasmeter. Thanks to your efforts in Act IV, the dark isn't so nameless any more.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
Last edited by dudiobugtron on Apr 19, 2018, 5:56:36 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info