Why not integrate vaal areas into the atlas?

I find it really strange that as you progress through the story, you encounter these vaal areas that scale up in level and provide interesting background lore + atmospheric maps, then suddenly after act 10, BAM, you are cut off from them because vaal areas cannot spawn in maps.

Yes, i know you can use sacrifice frags to open a portal to a vaal area via the map device, but there is no reason to do this because they still cap out at about level 70, have no map modifiers, and simply do not generate enough currency to make its cost back on average.

Why not just allow vaal areas to spawn in maps, like abyss or breaches? Super simply for the devs to do and i highly doubt anyone would mind.

Imagine if abyss, breach, prophecies, etc, can only be done in act 10 or earlier. Its just wasted potential.

A quick side trip to a vaal area while mapping would provide some nice variety. I really like the designs of vaal maps.

Even better, add a simple quest to the atlas to kill Atziri.
Last bumped on Apr 20, 2018, 8:30:08 AM
The reasons they gave years ago are somewhat gone at this point. It's worth a discussion IMO.
Because no one would actually waste time actually entering them.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
"
Nephalim wrote:

I would. Anyone not a slave to the speed meta probably would too.
"
Nephalim wrote:

Your statement is trivially disproven: even when on maps, if I run across a vaal side area while doing prohpecy stuff that takes me back to the acts, I run it. I would do the same if I ran into them on maps.

So, "no one" is an inaccurate statement.
You can force a vaal side area by putting a fragment into the machine.
1. Vaal areas serves no other purpose then make new players familiar with map concept.
2. All I need is ability to spawn specific vaal areas to hunt missing unique beasts for Managerie challenge.
But you can do that with prophecies. Get a sealed on that guarantees a side area to spawn, figure out which zone spawns which area and use it before entering that zone. I remember doing this to hunt down all the Vaal area bosses during Harbinger.
"
Djoze wrote:
But you can do that with prophecies. Get a sealed on that guarantees a side area to spawn, figure out which zone spawns which area and use it before entering that zone. I remember doing this to hunt down all the Vaal area bosses during Harbinger.

Thanks for an idea. Should save me a lot of time.
"
Djoze wrote:

I mean spawning normally.

Imagine if abyss/breach/prophecies could only be encountered normally in act 10 or earlier.

Vaal areas have nice mob density, are short and are linear. If rewards arent interesting enough, just buff them to be appealing.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info