Skill Gems issue

I spent about 20 mins writing up my thoughts on this and then got an error when Submitting so ill just summarize.

Skill gems are incredibly hard to decipher at a glance, and ICON is supposed to Clearly convey what something IS/DOES.

GEM Icons in POE are hard to understand accept for those used on most Support gems because they are mostly round in shape.

Why aren't all gems given a unique shape?

Examples:

Last bumped on Apr 19, 2018, 12:00:39 PM
just noticed my original post actually posted sorry for double post
given the size of them and the fact that they all have their own identifying 2d art, changing the base shape isn't going to help you.

FYI, what we have is leagues better than it used to be
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Hard.

Really?

Some students find cubing (a+b) hard. In calculus. Really.

It's just something you need to spend a bit of time with learning.
The sockets are all round though. A triangular skill gem wouldn't fit. It's science.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Hard.

Really?

It's just something you need to spend a bit of time with learning.

calm down old guy
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Hard.

Really?

Nice strawman you got there...>_>
I like the idea, but:

I think it doesn't matter anymore...there are so many already and there will be many more...just type in the skill/support name and let the stash tab highlight it for u. I completely gave up on trying to memorize them (although I may accidentally have memorized some).
“Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.”
― Christopher Hitchens
My QoL List: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3279646
Last edited by Antigegner on Apr 19, 2018, 10:11:59 AM
"
frenzul wrote:
The sockets are all round though. A triangular skill gem wouldn't fit. It's science.

If its smaller it will fit.....we just glued it for not to fall..... GGG have just to make bigger sockets... dont know if servers will handle that xD
"
alex12709 wrote:
"
frenzul wrote:

If its smaller it will fit.....we just glued it for not to fall..... GGG have just to make bigger sockets... dont know if servers will handle that xD

It's not really the size of the socket that matters, it's how the skill gem moves around in the socket. If there is not enough contact with the walls of the socket, a proper connection will not be made and the skill gem will be nothing short of useless.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info