[3.7 updated] Voidfletcher Deadeye (all core content cleared, budget options available, 600+ depth)

Hey there,

I feel like i have no dmg :/ idk.. im on lvl88 now and it takes rly long to kill a minotaur e.g. yesterday I try Shaper and also takes long time to bring him down. Did i something wrong? I spent like 150ex or more on that build, so would be nice if some1 can tell me what could be better.

my Ice shot is on: 68K DPS
TS: 56K DPS

https://pastebin.com/qi0hjA2e

Ranger name samuelelnegro on my acc. TY!

Last edited by oNx1g on Jun 7, 2019, 7:01:15 AM
"
oNx1g wrote:
Hey there,

I feel like i have no dmg :/ idk.. im on lvl88 now and it takes rly long to kill a minotaur e.g. yesterday I try Shaper and also takes long time to bring him down. Did i something wrong? I spent like 150ex or more on that build, so would be nice if some1 can tell me what could be better.

my Ice shot is on: 68K DPS
TS: 56K DPS

https://pastebin.com/qi0hjA2e

Ranger name samuelelnegro on my acc. TY!

idk, i looked over your build and it mostly seems fine. Hate to ask, but were you in an enfeeble map? Or perhaps mino had heavy defensive mods? Or maybe Hatred wasn't turned on? Looking over your setup it's only slightly different from mine.

You're not using a murderous eye jewel in tombfist (which gives intimidate), but your dps shouldn't be that low off of missing that (still you should remedy it).

And i'm not sure why you went for mana stuff, it's pretty unnecessary. The build's got mana leech and voidfletcher grants mana on kill, not to mention voidshot can still proc if you're out of mana.
Whats your DPS on both skill standing in base? With hatred and Herlad on?
"
oNx1g wrote:

idk the exacts offhand and i've pretty much erased the character in preparation for next league.

My iceshot tooltip always exceeds 100k, tshots usually something like 70-80k or so iirc.

On second look i did see your ascendancies differ from mine. For starters that will lower the tooltip, though rupture and fast and deadly are probably pretty comparable in actual dps. However you really shouldn't have powerful precision, gathering winds is MUCH better. The build doesn't need more pierce, omen on the winds handles that for iceshot and tshot/voidshot don't need it, and 100% inc crit chance isn't nearly as good as 10-20% more action speed and some evasion (and i don't believe the 100% inc crit chance can affect voidshot's explosions, since they don't pierce).
Last edited by Shppy on Jun 7, 2019, 12:06:07 PM
"
Shppy wrote:
"
oNx1g wrote:

idk the exacts offhand and i've pretty much erased the character in preparation for next league.

My iceshot tooltip always exceeds 100k, tshots usually something like 70-80k or so iirc.

On second look i did see your ascendancies differ from mine. For starters that will lower the tooltip, though rupture and fast and deadly are probably pretty comparable in actual dps. However you really shouldn't have powerful precision, gathering winds is MUCH better. The build doesn't need more pierce, omen on the winds handles that for iceshot and tshot/voidshot don't need it, and 100% inc crit chance isn't nearly as good as 10-20% more action speed and some evasion (and i don't believe the 100% inc crit chance can affect voidshot's explosions, since they don't pierce).

Okay I changed that now, the most of my gems are lvl 19 with 0% qual. I guess this will also make a huge diffen.

Edit: King of the Hill need now 5 points.. worth to unskill other think to go for it?
Last edited by oNx1g on Jun 7, 2019, 4:40:00 PM
love your build , looking forward for legion patch skill tree change <3
"
oNx1g wrote:

Edit: King of the Hill need now 5 points.. worth to unskill other think to go for it?

"
xgoodxzx wrote:
love your build , looking forward for legion patch skill tree change <3

i'll draw up a 3.7 tree and add it to guide now that the site's planner is updated.
Last edited by Shppy on Jun 9, 2019, 2:21:34 PM
Not sure if i'm allowed to ask this here, but what would you say is the difference(PROS/CONS) of your build VS "Cold Barrage Voidfletcher Pathfinder or Deadeye" @ https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2477494

Like in terms of Cost, Speed, Single Target, Mapping Speed etc

Trying to find a perfect Voidfletcher build for myself, not trying to see which build is 'best'
"
Mephotis wrote:
Not sure if i'm allowed to ask this here, but what would you say is the difference(PROS/CONS) of your build VS "Cold Barrage Voidfletcher Pathfinder or Deadeye" @ https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2477494

Like in terms of Cost, Speed, Single Target, Mapping Speed etc

Trying to find a perfect Voidfletcher build for myself, not trying to see which build is 'best'

Well, mine's the first and original Voidfletcher build, by like 9 months, for what it's worth, :p

but anyway, there's not a huge difference besides the single-target skill and a few other gems.

Lots of people like to use barrage, because it instantly eats up all void charges and launches up to 5 voidshots at once. It's kinda broken for burst damage, and despite a dev telling me it's intended it kinda feels like an exploit to me (it'd be like proccing CoC 5 times instantly off a single hit). And since Voidfletcher didn't work like that for the first 3 leagues after it came out (there used to be a cd on triggering it, not just on building charges), I'm kinda set in my ways of triggering voidshots 1 at a time.

Basically, if you go barrage you can get upfront burst, and if you want you could kite around for a few seconds and let them all recharge and burst again (if you don't care about barrage doing dps). My version with Tshot you fire them off one at a time, though generally speaking the longterm dps from voidshots is still the same if enemies survive the upfront burst. The tshot itself is generally stronger, at least from the kinda distance I stay at... barrage's shots scatter a bit too much to hit more than a few times at Far Shot distances.

Otherwise at a glance it looks like just minor gem differences and whatnot, little stuff you could try out either way without much cost:

-He uses Herald of Ice, I've prefered Herald of Purity since it came out. The added damage works out to be around the same since most of added phys gets converted, and the minions are a great layer of defense for drawing aggro and bodyblocking enemies and projectiles. I have em linked to culling strike too so they cull for me, effectively giving the whole build 11% more dps. HoI's explosions aren't worth much in this build, they don't have that much scaling in the tree to pump them up to relevant damage.

-He uses Pointblank, I keep my distance to take advantage of Far Shot (which deadeye paths through anyway to get endless munitions). Pointblank is only about 15% more damage overall and much riskier in its use; the build is squishy, I don't wanna get close to enemies. And I'd prefer not to take a damage penalty from afar, though the build's got enough damage that it doesn't matter much while clearing if you've got a full setup. It's a little easier to go PB with barrage though, cuz on bosses you can get close for just a moment to unleash all your voidshots then back off til they recharge.

-He uses chain for clearing, i use piercing. Ice shot has the Omen on the Winds jewel for +3 pierce at a very low opportunity cost, without needing to use up a gem link or take a damage penalty. It's also not a bad place to get a reasonable-cost corrupted blood immunity corruption. That part's a bit of preference though, i feel like piercing clears no problem but lots of people swear by chain. He also uses GMP, which i find strange. 4-5 arrows (or 6-7 with dying sun up, which it usually is) is totally good enough for clearing.

Anyway, that's all stuff you can take your pick on, for the most part there's nothing major like drastic gear differences where you'd have to worry you wasted currency on the wrong route. It's mostly just difference in gems, you could easily just swap some around and see which ones suit your style.

*edit: oh, and if you wanna know about the speed/single-target/clearing, my hydra video near the top of the guide should give a good indication. I'd call it pretty fast all around. There's an uber elder video too, but that's not a good one to judge on cuz that was just a little default-attack-only goof i did.
Last edited by Shppy on Jun 10, 2019, 2:25:41 AM
"
Shppy wrote:

Well, mine's the first and original Voidfletcher build, by like 9 months, for what it's worth, :p

but anyway, there's not a huge difference besides the single-target skill and a few other gems.

Lots of people like to use barrage, because it instantly eats up all void charges and launches up to 5 voidshots at once. It's kinda broken for burst damage, and despite a dev telling me it's intended it kinda feels like an exploit to me (it'd be like proccing CoC 5 times instantly off a single hit). And since Voidfletcher didn't work like that for the first 3 leagues after it came out (there used to be a cd on triggering it, not just on building charges), I'm kinda set in my ways of triggering voidshots 1 at a time.

Basically, if you go barrage you can get upfront burst, and if you want you could kite around for a few seconds and let them all recharge and burst again (if you don't care about barrage doing dps). My version with Tshot you fire them off one at a time, though generally speaking the longterm dps from voidshots is still the same if enemies survive the upfront burst. The tshot itself is generally stronger, at least from the kinda distance I stay at... barrage's shots scatter a bit too much to hit more than a few times at Far Shot distances.

Otherwise at a glance it looks like just minor gem differences and whatnot, little stuff you could try out either way without much cost:

-He uses Herald of Ice, I've prefered Herald of Purity since it came out. The added damage works out to be around the same since most of added phys gets converted, and the minions are a great layer of defense for drawing aggro and bodyblocking enemies and projectiles. I have em linked to culling strike too so they cull for me, effectively giving the whole build 11% more dps. HoI's explosions aren't worth much in this build, they don't have that much scaling in the tree to pump them up to relevant damage.

-He uses Pointblank, I keep my distance to take advantage of Far Shot (which deadeye paths through anyway to get endless munitions). Pointblank is only about 15% more damage overall and much riskier in its use; the build is squishy, I don't wanna get close to enemies. And I'd prefer not to take a damage penalty from afar, though the build's got enough damage that it doesn't matter much while clearing if you've got a full setup. It's a little easier to go PB with barrage though, cuz on bosses you can get close for just a moment to unleash all your voidshots then back off til they recharge.

-He uses chain for clearing, i use piercing. Ice shot has the Omen on the Winds jewel for +3 pierce at a very low opportunity cost, without needing to use up a gem link or take a damage penalty. It's also not a bad place to get a reasonable-cost corrupted blood immunity corruption. That part's a bit of preference though, i feel like piercing clears no problem but lots of people swear by chain. He also uses GMP, which i find strange. 4-5 arrows (or 6-7 with dying sun up, which it usually is) is totally good enough for clearing.

Anyway, that's all stuff you can take your pick on, for the most part there's nothing major like drastic gear differences where you'd have to worry you wasted currency on the wrong route. It's mostly just difference in gems, you could easily just swap some around and see which ones suit your style.

*edit: oh, and if you wanna know about the speed/single-target/clearing, my hydra video near the top of the guide should give a good indication. I'd call it pretty fast all around. There's an uber elder video too, but that's not a good one to judge on cuz that was just a little default-attack-only goof i did.

Thank you so much for your elaborated explanation! Wanna also ask will Hyrri's Ire be viable as a chestpiece for your build?

Also waiting for the 3.7 updated PoB link ! Cant wait to try your build now.
Last edited by Mephotis on Jun 10, 2019, 2:35:23 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info