[3.7 updated] Voidfletcher Deadeye (all core content cleared, budget options available, 600+ depth)

Noon question here, why do you use 2 skills? Can't TS clear maps good enough or Ice Shot bill bosses?
Can i use your tree in Synthesis for the MF version? Or is there something that i need to change in the process?
"
Shppy wrote:
"
Biratancho wrote:
Is there a 3.6 pastebin? Especially interested in leveling progression. Not very familiar with bow builds and I'm wondering which passives to prioritize. I got some currency farmed up and would love to reroll to this build because it seems really fun.

nah, i haven't made the build in 3.6 yet and i don't really make PoBs in advance (i just export my character after i've built it up).

I did update the passive tree link to 3.6 now though at least... there's not a lot of difference, just a minor change in managing the new shadow area. When it comes to order and priorities, i generally just grab the inner ranger area, then travel up to acro/phase acro and up to the shadow's inner area, grabbing a couple jewel sockets on the way (one for watcher's eye, one for Omen on the Winds). Then I head over to the duelist's area before grabbing the claw wheel + the jewel socket for Lioneye's Fall. That usually takes me to around the end of the acts, and by that point i've usually got almost all the increased life nodes in my final tree. After that I start filling out some of the crit clusters then the ele/cold damage with weapon clusters all along those travel paths, and pick up the jewel socket or two that are left once all the crit and inc damage stuff is done.

Thank you very much for the details and for the great guide!
"
bibanul wrote:
Noon question here, why do you use 2 skills? Can't TS clear maps good enough or Ice Shot bill bosses?

Cuz i feel like it, partly. 1-skill builds get boring for me.

But there are a few real purposes behind it too.

-Ice shot with pierce carries further and can offscreen further and more reliably than tshot.

-A single-target skill without mirage archer plus a second skill with mirage archer is preferable over using just one skill for everything (whether that one skill has mirage archer or not). I get to deal a full 6L's worth of dps with my own tshot while my mirage archer adds about 36% the dps of a 5L ice shot. On top of that, mirage archer just feels great for clearing, so again it's nice to have one skill with it for that sake. And since ice shot creates chilled ground, mirage archer constantly creates that chilled ground for me, which leads to...

-Ice shot creates chilled ground, guaranteeing enemies will be chilled. While my hits are usually heavy enough to guarantee chill even on the hardest bosses, without full gear they might not be, and there's map mods allowing enemies to avoid ailments (including chill) from hits... they can't avoid being chilled from ground though. Chill is important to the build as it enables the blind and penetration from Pandemonius and the %more damage from hypothermia to do their thing. Thanks to linking bonechill to my ice shot, chills inflicted by ice shot or its ground also make enemies takes increased cold damage too, so having ice mirage archer creating that chilled ground relatively passively is boost pretty much all my dps by ~16%.
"
shinylikeyou wrote:
Can i use your tree in Synthesis for the MF version? Or is there something that i need to change in the process?

i've never made an MF version, so I can't say for certain, but the tree should still be fine for it. Can't think of any reason it wouldn't be.
why tornado shot ?
May i ask why 5 passive points in claws? Is it only for leech from Soul Raker?
"
raffall96 wrote:
May i ask why 5 passive points in claws? Is it only for leech from Soul Raker?

When you slot Lioneyes Fall into the jewel slot next to it, it converts all the Claw based modifiers into Bow based modifiers

It's basically to ensure that we aren't wasting the other 4 passives we need in order to get Soul Raker
No idea what I'm doing wrong but tshot seems kinda bad for leveling single target. Going to stick it out and hope it scales up though.
Definitely stick it out. Single target is alright with barrage but the build doesn’t come alive until you have the quiver and 4 projectiles at level 64. Just grind it out because it’s a lot of fun once you get the necessary uniques.

Also I found that ice shot with chain feels fantastic for clear. I had to drop the threshold jewel because pierce stopped skills from chaining but after I did that clear shot through the roof. I guess chained projectiles have a bit of auto aiming in them or something but it seems to more reliably clear multiple screens now. I’d definitely recommend giving that a shot at some point. Made things feel much more fluid to me and with the chain buff damage is high enough crit a still clear all packs but I’m still stuck in yellow maps.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info