[3.7 updated] Voidfletcher Deadeye (all core content cleared, budget options available, 600+ depth)

Thanks for all the effort you put into making this guide. The build looks good, going to give it a try in Delve League.
Is it possible to drop a 6-link setup for Kaom's heart? If so, wouldn't tornado shot be decent for both single target and clear?

Very nice guide, I was looking for a build revolving around Voidfletcher.
"
Provin915 wrote:
Is it possible to drop a 6-link setup for Kaom's heart? If so, wouldn't tornado shot be decent for both single target and clear?

Very nice guide, I was looking for a build revolving around Voidfletcher.

You could if you wanted to. Ice shot is better for clearing but tshot is certainly still reasonable with it too, even without the enchant. And Voidshot picks up some of the slack too.

I would be more concerned about your crit chance in that case though, as without a chest providing crit of some sort my setup's down at 45% without a diamond flask up (70% with diamond). Maybe if you feel like generating power charges or using inc crit strikes support though. If you want more defense from your chestpiece, I'd go with Loreweave over Kaom's. You get to keep your 6L potential, still get some offense (not as much crit but you get some flat phys and %ele damage) and other stuff, and at least vs ele you get roughly the same ehp increase as Kaom's with an 80% max res roll (actually a little more since loreweave provides some life too)

Tbh I don't think the extra life would be worth it unless you're doing HC, I got by just fine with 4.8k, with most of the deaths coming from endgame bosses (mostly uber elder or the occasional bugged invisible eradicator).

I suppose if you're really desperate for some more defense, you could do something like socket a Vigil jewel (in the duelist's jewel socket) and use Vigilant strike (+ancestral call for usability) on your weapon swap; you'd get a ~30-35 second fortify that'd give you about as much ehp as using kaom's while giving up just one jewel socket instead of your entire chestpiece and 6L. That'd be enough to protect against the few hard-to-avoid things that approached a oneshot on me (like uber elder's tentacle slam or purifier's exploding weapon throw).
Last edited by Shppy on Aug 17, 2018, 10:39:56 AM
The new Caustic Arrow might be better than Tornado Shot for this build now that it shotguns. Damage should be more consistent too as you wouldn't have to worry about secondary projectiles missing. You don't need an expensive helm enchant for caustic arrow either.
"
kroovin wrote:
The new Caustic Arrow might be better than Tornado Shot for this build now that it shotguns. Damage should be more consistent too as you wouldn't have to worry about secondary projectiles missing. You don't need an expensive helm enchant for caustic arrow either.

Yup, I saw the reveal and I thought the same thing, it's very possible I'll change it up.

Right now Tshot with 5 projectiles without the enchant is usually around 3 hits for me, give or take a bit. At 109% base damage at level 20, that'd be 327% damage per attack.

New Caustic should be around 73.6% base damage at level 20, with potential for 5 overlaps, meaning 368% damage per attack even without piercing. If I have a source of piercing I can fire through the target and have them explode behind, so I can get one additional hit per use, so 6 hits for 441.6% total damage per attack.

Even with dying sun adding a couple projectiles (and aoe), it would likely affect both in roughly comparable way.

I think Tshot would be better with the enchant, but without it I think Caustic would win out (and be more consistent). Plus I'd then convert away 100% of my phys damage on my single-target skill, which would make me able to run phys reflect maps safely (previously I had to be careful using tshot vs phys reflect... it wouldn't 1shot me against a boss, but it would chip me down faster than i could leech). It wouldn't get rid of ALL my phys (void shot still has 10% unconverted), so i'd still trigger phys thorns mobs unfortunately, but it'd be enough to ignore phys reflect.
Last edited by Shppy on Aug 27, 2018, 4:54:46 PM
Small update with some updates and plans for 3.4
Now that Rain of Arrows includes the ''projectile'' tag in its skill gem, do you think this is a substitute for tornado shot?
"
Provin915 wrote:
Now that Rain of Arrows includes the ''projectile'' tag in its skill gem, do you think this is a substitute for tornado shot?

RoA having a projectile tag affects almost nothing, it just means that "+2 to socketed projectile gems" mods will affect it... tags do a lot less than people think they do, determining what gems work with +gem mods like that are one of their only impacts. Actually, I'm wondering why they didn't so something similar for ALL bow gems, it seems odd to just cherrypick RoA to get that tag.

Anyway, RoA would be a bad replacement for Tshot, RoA is very much not a good single target skill... it could be a replacement for ice shot if you wanna use it for clearing instead though, it should feel fine for that.
Last edited by Shppy on Aug 29, 2018, 1:52:09 PM
Where the hell did you get perma blind? Cant find on the build.
"
mateustrigo wrote:
Where the hell did you get perma blind? Cant find on the build.

Pandemonius. Blind chilled enemies on hit. Everything gets chilled (even if not by hits, ice shot's ground does the trick), so enemies get blinded as soon as they're hit a second time, if they live that long.

Oh, I missed linking it in my 'full' setup, that explains that. I'll add it in.
Last edited by Shppy on Aug 29, 2018, 3:11:48 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info