[3.7 updated] Voidfletcher Deadeye (all core content cleared, budget options available, 600+ depth)

"
DietCokeVeins wrote:
"
circleback wrote:
Hey guys,

thank you for your thread. I just switched from Ice Shot only to this build. As this build uses Ice Shot as well, I wonder (as a beginner) when must I use Ice Shot and when Tornado Shot?

I don't understand why we have both of them as our dmg skills. One more thing: How to use Frenzy correctly? Spam it?

Thanks in advance for every answer!

Oversimplified quick answer:
-Ice Shot: clear packs. Bosses too up to a certain tier.
-Tornado Shot: Bosses. Packs too if you feel like it.

The damage from TS will become more noticeable on stronger enemies. At first, it feels like everything dies instantly to Ice Shot and the ensuing explosions. This won't last forever.

Frenzy charges are best built up for the boss fight. But you can season your dish to taste.

Thanks for your quick reply!

So basically I'm going to use Ice Shot most of the time and Tornado Shot is my new "Barrage" for single target with the potential to be strong in AoE as well, right?

Can you tell how I'm able to life steel a bit more? Is the key for life steel Lioneye's Fall (jewel) with the Soul Raker node?

Been trying Banners out... still have enough mana to play pretty much the same on this build, if find the gem slot (i'm not using tombfist)

Dread banner's less enemy accuracy is about 3% evade change according to my PoB

Also threw an Empower in and went with less Hatred reserve enchant on my helm (CHEAP). This allows me to run Both Herald of Purity, Ice, and Hatred. According to PoB adding Purity gives me ~5% dps, which is probably less than a tombfist + decent jewels. But its an option. Not sure how well the extra sentries will help as a defensive layer.
Spoiler
"
circleback wrote:
"
DietCokeVeins wrote:
"
circleback wrote:
Hey guys,

thank you for your thread. I just switched from Ice Shot only to this build. As this build uses Ice Shot as well, I wonder (as a beginner) when must I use Ice Shot and when Tornado Shot?

I don't understand why we have both of them as our dmg skills. One more thing: How to use Frenzy correctly? Spam it?

Thanks in advance for every answer!

Oversimplified quick answer:
-Ice Shot: clear packs. Bosses too up to a certain tier.
-Tornado Shot: Bosses. Packs too if you feel like it.

The damage from TS will become more noticeable on stronger enemies. At first, it feels like everything dies instantly to Ice Shot and the ensuing explosions. This won't last forever.

Frenzy charges are best built up for the boss fight. But you can season your dish to taste.
"
circleback wrote:

Thanks for your quick reply!

So basically I'm going to use Ice Shot most of the time and Tornado Shot is my new "Barrage" for single target with the potential to be strong in AoE as well, right?

Can you tell how I'm able to life steel a bit more? Is the key for life steel Lioneye's Fall (jewel) with the Soul Raker node?

That wheel node has a lot of leech and is very helpful. There have been ultra-budget builds that took leech out of the duelist side and elsewhere on the tree when the price of Lioneye's spiked due to the popularity of the old version of this build in 3.3. But yes, leech helps keep that mana sustain going through the Herald of Ice+Hatred reservations.

I would also say your understanding of Tornado Shot is fine as well.

Tornado Shot is--in my opinion--the main skill. Ice Shot triggers Mirage Archer and is great for clearing, but TS has grown into the MVP as the content gets harder. It gets tricky in the way the game calls and actually treats different projectiles/arrows/shots, but from what I understand TS can hit about 3 times per attack with 5 arrows (without the enchant) and Voidshot scales off of extra arrows better than Barrage. TS and the Voidfletcher explosions both are aimed at the cursor's location. There are definitely more benefits, but we have left the "kiddie pool" of knowledge that I call home and would need OP's response.

There's some stuff buried in the pages of the thread, but it can be outdated. Venture with care, exile
Last edited by DietCokeVeins on Jan 5, 2019, 12:53:41 AM
"
SKT1K wrote:

All content cleared, build is absolutely fantastic for pushing depth, currently not at 600 because I have been going sideways.

I see people tweaking a lot of things about this build, but I have not changed anything and it absolutely stomps. Getting it to this point is indeed pricey with all of the other jewels that I bought, but compared to other builds like howa ms ci jugg, it's not that bad.

I have bunch of really great jewels, they make a big difference.
Sitting at around 5.3k hp atm.

There's a couple of things that I can minmax. I could definitely get a better chest, but I don't really see the need to because the build can do everything with ease.

The build isn't designed to tank hits so I die when I facecheck shit like an idiot. But, mapping speed is very very high in T16's with hard mods, and bonkers single target dps.

Played this as my build to get through content at the early points of the league.

I love the different strengths and uses of ice shot and TS.

Thank you for the excellent build!

Could you make your profile public so I can look at your tree/items?

Also: Uber Elder down, my profile is public. No enchant, no +1 arrow. Coulda been deathless but I'm not good :V
Last edited by Torean1 on Jan 5, 2019, 9:18:26 PM
You will be interested to see my battle with Ahuatotli, the Blind?
1 Have anyone tried to use Reach of the Council instead of Death's Opus? Is it worth it?

2 Also what are the best Voidfletcher enchants beside Attacks fire additional arrow (which is not affordable by now)? Flat cold damage? attacks chain 1 more time? Cold leech?

Cheers
"
babutian wrote:
1 Have anyone tried to use Reach of the Council instead of Death's Opus? Is it worth it?

2 Also what are the best Voidfletcher enchants beside Attacks fire additional arrow (which is not affordable by now)? Flat cold damage? attacks chain 1 more time? Cold leech?

Cheers

1.This bow did not like at all:
- increased mana cost
- projectiles behave unusually (in a bad way)
- a much less damage

2. +1 Chain suited me perfectly until I bought an +1 arrow.
Cold leech is also good, especially if you have less than 5k hp

Hello. Is this Build mf viable and which items are exchangable?
Isn`t Barrage better then Tornado vs Big Boss?
I'm up to lvl 67 and enjoying getting towards this build but don't have any of the key gear yet.

How feasible is it to farm Death's Opus (and hope for a lucky roll/craft to 5-6L ?)
Last edited by lazyEagle on Jan 10, 2019, 5:17:48 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info