Build of the Week: Poetry in Motion

"
Kunaak wrote:
Poet's pen is a extremely fun item. It's true there isnt much variation to be had with these builds, since they all need roughly the same thing - but if you dont like it, you dont have to play it.

It's not about fun or not. OP stuffs need to nerfed
i think ggg is running out of builds to present so they showcase some of the most meta builds everyone already knows about. molten strike, RF, poet's pen...
Used a similar build but instead of Bodyswap i went for Cremation, buffed VD with Elemental Focus + Concentrated Effect and a triple curse-on hit Frenzy setup.

Btw.
I would not use auto-IC with a Juggernaut as you will hardly benefit from the Unrelenting node which gives a broader type of defences (flat phys,less elemental DMG ,chaos resists), instead of unreliable phys-immunity .
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
Last edited by gandhar0 on Apr 19, 2018, 7:02:21 AM
black immortal call ! You cheating we still don't have it in game shop!
In order to get rid of clearspeed meta cap global movement speed at 100% but make all skills instant so everything feels great.
gtz morph on making build of the week ;)

if that was a top 5 you would be number 1 my man :D
poet's in 1v1 poet's in sarn poet's in pve poet's everywhere.

just include the zerphis in the build of the week dont be shy.
IGN : Relithh , Stronkberry
Every time there is publicity for anything that seems fun I cringe in fear of the "balance" changes soon to follow. I don't trust GGG at all. Like I honestly parse them as dishonest actors eager to troll us all second and make the most cash first.
Too much censorship that you never even see. Totally removed posts and silenced accounts across all communities. https://www.youtube.com/@Innomen
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
Again pen is no better than those others. Same cool down. 250 ms for mjo cospris and Pen. What makes it better is you can use VD which is a OP as fuck fire spell and others you cant.

Others max about 500K DPS due to this. PP does 2 million because it's launching up to 4 of those OP balls each attack.

It's no mystery why every PP build is using VD.

VD should have about 1/4 it's damage then you'd see more diversity in guides which use PP.

eh, no, pen is much, much better than others, sure it lacks damage bonus to spells but what it does more than makes up for it. Pen doesnt need a target, this makes a huge difference in power level already, it doesnt require investment in accuracy or crit. when wielding two (why would you only wield one?) it has 6 sockets (2x3 links really) for your choice (when compared to coc which with a 6 link has 4 and 500 ms)

Pen: casts ON ATTACK and ITS RANGED, dual wielding you get 6 sockets for choice, doesnt have a restriction for spells

Cospri: Triggers cold-only spells ON MELEE CRIT on enemy, needs heavy investment in dex int and crit. its makes up for it with some high power

Mjölner: Triggers lightning-only spell ON HIT on enemy, requires heavy investment in strenght and int, doesnt require investment on crit but its weaker than cospri

Cast on Crit: (current iteration): casts ON CRIT on enemy (Duh), requires heavy investment into crit (unless trypanon, in which case it requires investment into accuracy and you are wielding trypanon, one of the worst unique weapons in the game) and accuracy (unless with vagan weapon or licosidae, in which case it only requires investment into crit) gives some good more multiplier, however has a 500 ms cooldown and on a six link you effectively have 4 sockets cause you require 1 socket for the active skill and 1 socket for the cast on crit gem.

So nah, Pen is not the same as the others, it has a huge advantage and frankly its a bad joke requirement-wise when compared to rest. Dont blame just Volatile Dead or corpse skills, it is strong yeah, but you know damn well that is not the only problem here.
It is yet another blatant case of GGG purposely releasing the new trigger-gem unique unbalanced for it to be OP-chase item during a league then to nerf it later. (which I dont really have a problem with, what I have is how the disparity of power level between new ones and old ones just grows and grows)

EDIT: I think pen deserves a little nerf, but wont be surprised if it gets a huge one cause GGG loves to do this. but really all I want is an in-depth look at these uniques and make them more balanced when compared to each other, buff what's necessary, dont overnerf, try to find some middle ground. Really really dislike the "invasion league" treatment these items get. (by that I mean fast fix over balanced fix. reminder that Invaders are a complete joke nowadays and several were lost to the void. hell with how the characters powerlevel has improved so much over the years I think going back to pre-nerf invasion values isnt too much of a buff for those bosses, especially for the poor crit skeleton that lost projectile shotgun)
Oblivious
Last edited by Disrupted on Apr 19, 2018, 1:51:52 PM
"
Innomen wrote:
Every time there is publicity for anything that seems fun I cringe in fear of the "balance" changes soon to follow. I don't trust GGG at all. Like I honestly parse them as dishonest actors eager to troll us all second and make the most cash first.

^this

No matter what, if something is remotely fun, they nerf the crap out of it. So many veteran players are quitting it's not even funny. I'm back off the game more and more. My guild is completely dead. Most of the people playing now are newer players who have yet to feel the wrath of GGG's nerf policy.
"
Aim_Deep wrote:

I have my own VD PP build - never made a guide but does 8 attack speed with 2 million DPS and rapes all content with cheap gear. Thats absurd.

Anyway poets pen is just like Mjo or cospris, same cool down, the difference if that you can use VD which is why it's OP its 3-4x the DPS. VD is OP.

This seems unlikely. Why not unhide your profile to show your PP-VD char with 2m dps on a budget.

You need .2s cooldown from elder belt/boots and a +1 helm to even approach that level of dps. Probably perfect jewels, IAS everywhere you can get it, etc...

In BHC that would be well over 1,000C.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info