Always get stuck at the same spot every character [help]

Awesome, glad to hear you are doing better.
"
supafiya1989 wrote:

One thing I always wondered when watching the videos of people playing PoE was how come they always have so many buffs?! and I finally thought - do they use their flasks almost 100% of the time when mapping? Is that right or is it something else? I never used flask only when I think I really badly need it.

Many buffs are coming from flasks and mods rolled on those flasks. People are trying to keep up their flask effects all the time. So they can deal more damage or mitigate incoming damage and afford to run less life/mana flasks to deal with damage taken.

Flasks need charges aka kills. As a result it is easier to keep up flasks all the time the faster you can clear. Also you will take less damage the faster you clear since mobs never get a chance to hit you. Thats the basic concept.

Flasks you could use are:
- Witchfire Brew for curse and damage
- Sulphur flask for damage and whatever you roll on that flask
- Basalt flask for phys dmg mitigation
- Stibinite to scale evasion and blind enemies

Roll Bleed, Freeze and Curse removal on 3 utility flasks and you will be immune to those mechanics while your flasks are up as well as getting the above mentioned buffs.

tl;dr
flasks are important. use them
"
Orbaal wrote:
"
supafiya1989 wrote:

One thing I always wondered when watching the videos of people playing PoE was how come they always have so many buffs?! and I finally thought - do they use their flasks almost 100% of the time when mapping? Is that right or is it something else? I never used flask only when I think I really badly need it.

Many buffs are coming from flasks and mods rolled on those flasks. People are trying to keep up their flask effects all the time. So they can deal more damage or mitigate incoming damage and afford to run less life/mana flasks to deal with damage taken.

Flasks need charges aka kills. As a result it is easier to keep up flasks all the time the faster you can clear. Also you will take less damage the faster you clear since mobs never get a chance to hit you. Thats the basic concept.

Flasks you could use are:
- Witchfire Brew for curse and damage
- Sulphur flask for damage and whatever you roll on that flask
- Basalt flask for phys dmg mitigation
- Stibinite to scale evasion and blind enemies

Roll Bleed, Freeze and Curse removal on 3 utility flasks and you will be immune to those mechanics while your flasks are up as well as getting the above mentioned buffs.

tl;dr
flasks are important. use them

Okay I'll definitely work on my flasks when I get time to play later. I also figured out a few ways to improve my passive skill tree which I'll try out later.

One last thing I'm wondering is how do people show numbers on tooltip like 30k in hideout not doing anything and 100k, up to 1m sometimes I think I recall seeing. My tooltip dps says something like 8k, seems pretty sad. How can I ramp that up? Is there certain gear slots that I should aim for having certain stats?--- something like, (example, hypothetical) lets say belts can have the highest rolls on health, and resistances so that slot I should always have as my health+resistance slot. And say amulets can have the highest rolls on spell damage so always use amulets for spell damage (as well as other stuff)

Am I looking too much into this? I really want to understand the game to it's fullest and get the most enjoyment out of it because it seems like a game worth the time to understand. I'm probably dead wrong on what I said above but I just can't understand how their tooltip dps says so high numbers.
If you can kill things faster than they can kill you, you are doing alright ;)

You are comparing yourself to fully decked builds at lvl 90-95. So you are missing at least 10 lvl which could make a difference dmg wise. And they do have a lot better gear.
Like they might have jewelry crafted with envy essence for ~30% inc chaos dmg each. They might run a shield with 100% spell dmg. Their jewels will be way better than yours (seriously - get better ones) and add like 25-30% dmg each at least. And very likely all their gems are sitting at 20% quality, which adds a lot of dmg.

They did lvl ED to 20, got it to 20% quality and corrupted it to lvl21 for sure or bought a 21/20 ED. Also they are running at least lvl3 empower, maybe even lvl4 empower.
Gem lvl are huge in this game. If you had a lvl 21 ED, it would gain 1 lvl from your chest and 4 lvl from an empower 4 (already including chest) that would add up for a total of lvl 26 ED.
Right now your ED is lvl19 and you´ll get 1 bonus lvl from your empower for a total of lvl 21. Thats 5 gem lvl difference and thats a lot.

So there is a bunch you could do to improve your build.

Cheers
It is time for You to pick some build guide. Personally i recommend something from LiftingNerdBro Blade Vortex is good build for starts. See how far it will carry You, see how skills were picked up and how they work and see the differences between Yours and it.

This is the most fun part of PoE. Exploring unexplored.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info