Cosmetic Shop Improvements

10 May, 8:30
PLEASE add a confirmation when buying something. A quick "Are you sure you?" is all that is needed.

It scares the crap out of me when I'm browsing for new MTXs in case I accidentally hit 'buy' without any intention of buying it.
Last edited by Nicksiren on Apr 17, 2018, 9:39:44 PM
"
Lazael666 wrote:
A preview system that allow me to combine and check every item in my character, including weapon effects, etc that would be amazing and it is what I'm expecting the most including. I don't want to buy an item that doesn't look right in my character but if it looks great, I'll definitely buy it!

+1 to preview feature; your char on the side standing in his full 3D glory (like a lot of modern games) with the mtx stuff on the left with preview buttons on corresponding mtx that will apply the effect as if you're building out the look of your character.
✰CARD✰ The Survivalist
I can’t buy any more big supporter packs because the forum only supports showing 7 legacy tags.
I echo the ability to preview things before on your character you buy. I've spent well over 100 dollars on MTX that is not being used, since ended it up looking "wrong" on a Templar (because of his weird neck), or things like the seraph shield, that looked like it went well with legacy armor, but after I bought it, I found out the gold looked very different and there was no black on the shield, (it looked like the bottom part was black/gunmetal like the legacy armor).

A preview system would be greatly appreciated.I'll still buy lots of MTX I promise. I'd just like to see how it looks before I end up with something that looks wrong.

PS: Something is wrong with the legacy amour - it looks dull and is non reflective unless someone else's light source is on it.

PPS: Thank you for making the Warlock, Sin and Seeker armors show off the female character's curves - they actually look feminine. Don't misunderstand me - I'm not after sex kittens in chain-mail bikinis and brass cups, but I do like it when the armor actually looks like it's being worn by a female - the outlaw armor (for example) makes my daughter's ranger look like a dude, and it bugs her.

Thanks as always, despite my criticisms, you do great work on your MTX.
The shop's been needing an overhaul for over a year. Glad to see it's finally getting some of the attention needed.

I'd also like to see some other improvements:

• More categories, such as splitting weapon skins (e.g, Ultimate Chaos Sword) vs. weapon effects. (e.g, Ultimate Chaos Weapon Effect)
  • Search functionality (see quote below)
  • Ability to preview items outright in-game; as others have mentioned, this would be huge, and helpful to compare what they'd look like with our other items, rather than the pre-set arrangement GGG made a video with. (also, their lighting and ours may differ)
  • Possibly a stretch, but letting the "watchlist" alert us in-game? Even the hourly gold-text (akin to super-sales) wouldn't be terrible, but bonus points might be for making the "shop" button a different color with an on-login message to notify of what items are on sale.

"
D4wdl wrote:
Sad to say about time,

Search filters should be everywhere

This. It's painful to find items as they are, and even showing more at once and improving the categories is but a small step.
Rufalius, hybrid Aura/Arc/Mana Guardian | Hemorae, TS Raider | Wuru, Ele Hit Wand Trickster
Last edited by ACGIFT on Apr 17, 2018, 9:41:12 PM
It would also be very nice to have: An MTX profil display. Just like you can put your profile on ''public'', you could also take a look at what SICK MTX a character is using! Add a ''Add to watchlist'' in game. Notify in game when an item on our watchlist in on sale (instead of personal email only)

Also; if I can't buy an MTX, say Immortal call, don't show it my cosmetics page.

My suggestion for GGG; develop towards having a minimum of 1 MTX for everything. I love Heralds, but stuff like KB could be nice (and fetch some nice money for our developers).

Edit: also, it could be nice (idk if its a good idea overall) to have some kind of ''salvage'' mtx option. Like; my 3 pair of sin gloves (or my oriath citizen) won't get me anywhere. I'd rather have a very small portion of points back then mtx I will never use. I know for a fact, I'd be less scared to buy boxes and have duplicates (so I would spend more in them). I would have a much better buyer experience with such system.

Edit 2: Hell, maybe even some special promotion where you can buy ''legacy'' MTX! I've been away from PoE for a couple of patch and shit, I would really like the breach back attachment (but I never will) or a sick Portal effect I saw from idk where! There is downside to its ''exclusivity'' back yeah, I know I'd spent some bucks. Or maybe we can look at legacy mtx in the shop, but not be able to buy them? Idk.
While you are at it, can you fix this stupid error on the in-game packs/point purchase?
Im from Portugal and that section appears in Portuguese from Brazil and so does the pricing despite my settings being in english (BR portuguese sounds awful for someone from Portugal and I sure as hell dont use whatever BRLs are, so I cant see the price properly)

Also just got the Steam Purchase Failed error as well

Send help

EDIT: to note I could get it to work now that some time has passed/and or I added some funds to steam. But Still fix the supporter pack/points window so I and people in similar situations can actually see the prices properly.
Oblivious
Last edited by Disrupted on Apr 17, 2018, 10:19:35 PM
Another vote for preview mode: An area you can go and try all your owned mtx and all purshasable/current supporter pack mtx. I guarantee I would buy twice as many mtx if I could actually check what they look like without using a 20s youtube video that's possibly 5+ years old.
Maybe in another 6 years we can get a trading system that doesnt revolve around spending half of your play time alt tabbed on a third party site being ignored or cussed out by strangers.
Hi little flame totem! :)
Perception is reality.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info