Should i start playing now or wait for new league?

Topic
Last bumped on Apr 19, 2018, 6:57:29 AM
If you've never played before, start now. Building skills and learning the game doesn't need a new league.

If you're coming back hoping for a cool new experience, wait for the new league and hope it's not as shit as this league was.
In short: yes.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
I wouldnt play this league will give you a bad impression of the game since so many hated beastiary.
Git R Dun!
I'd wait.

FUCKING TERRIBLE GARBAGE DOGSHIT DOOKIE HORRIBLE PILE OF DOG SHIT league.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
I wouldnt play this league will give you a bad impression of the game since so many hated beastiary.

Many hated beastiary ?
Where do you get that impression ?
Most people I've played with seems to be enjoying this league.
I've barely seen any complaint about this league except from a very small subset of people that constantly repeat the same opinion in several threads.

In short : A very small amount of people(compared to the actual player base) saying they don't like the league 10 times a day does not means a lot of people hate beastiary.
"
skulg wrote:
"
Aim_Deep wrote:

Many hated beastiary ?
I've barely seen any complaint about this league except from a very small subset of people that constantly repeat the same opinion in several threads.

In short : A very small amount of people(compared to the actual player base) saying they don't like the league 10 times a day does not means a lot of people hate beastiary.

Some folks are very vocal on GD and confuse their loud voice with speaking for everyone. I personally am enjoying this league because it isn't mindless right click for lootsplosions...although after change to beast drops it kind of is again.

If you're new, absolutely start playing now because your first character is going to be garbage. You're going to make bad choices, buy bad things, and learn the hard way you can't just walk into the game and win.

Do yourself a favor and play now. Learn the game as best you can. Then you can apply the many lessons you've learned to the next league. Fair warning, you're likely going to suck this league, and next league. In spite of folks pushing for it to be super dumbed down, it's not there...yet.
It is never too early to play PoE, it is a fantastic game! Best ARPG on the market, imho.

I'm not a shill, just a fan and long time player.

The league still has plenty of legs, so you would be fine starting there, and you will have the added benefit of the league mechanic, whether it is crap or not (and if you are new, you get to decide).

Or play in Standard, which is the same as the league without the Bestiary.

But turn of chat. Do not read Standard chat.
"
skulg wrote:
"
Aim_Deep wrote:

Many hated beastiary ?

Duh... if you only ask people who are playing the league if they enjoy it, you're going to get a biased sample. If you ask people who are hanging out in the forums waiting for it to end, you'll get a different viewpoint.

GGG knew from day one that they messed up this league. They added crap like the necro-nets as a Band-Aid to make the league even playable while throwing the whole "capture" idea in the trash. It was a great idea, and if you can see past the mechanics of it, it's not a shit league. But many of us can't. The mechanics get in the way of the playstyle we have grown accustom to.
Last edited by Shagsbeard on Apr 17, 2018, 5:58:20 PM
"
sctt033 wrote:
Topic

I think you should NOT ask this question on this part of the forum...or website.

Go see for your self and if you don't like it there's a new league coming in a month or so

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info