Skill Revamps - Part 3

"
DaTz_ wrote:
i think you shouldnt make blast rain only good for fire tho.. if i wanted to go pure light or cold this buff wouldnt help it at all besides the boost to dmg

making it just 25% to all elements and not just fire would make it in a better spot

how do you go pure light or cold on a skill that converts 100% physical damage to fire?
It is actually something to do for Barrage. :D I need this.
Ya this game needed more bows, you guys really are awesome at balancing a game.

Let's buff spells next, more aoe overlap infinite range.

Then melee last, how about 5% damage on Heavy Strike. Then add more ways to completely nullify physical damage........ya that'll suffice.

Seriously though do you guys just not pay attention to this game at all? Only briefly look over your shoulders in between circle jerking to MTG tournaments and go...hey lets throw some sprinkles on this turd over here to keep the casuals happy.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
Last edited by MullaXul on Apr 16, 2018, 10:47:49 PM
Can you please explain why skills need to be balanced with each other in a non-competitive ARPG?

It seems perfectly acceptable that some skills are better than others, as long as they all feel powerful in end game (moving into downright over powered when well geared). They don't have to be equal.

So we're just going to continue to perpetuate the problem of how elemental conversion builds completely overwhelm pure physical builds?

I'm really hoping that's not the case and that we see some news on that front in the upcoming few leagues. I'd much rather see Blast Rain remain physical.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
"
Jegro wrote:
"
DaTz_ wrote:
i think you shouldnt make blast rain only good for fire tho.. if i wanted to go pure light or cold this buff wouldnt help it at all besides the boost to dmg

making it just 25% to all elements and not just fire would make it in a better spot

how do you go pure light or cold on a skill that converts 100% physical damage to fire?

you don't use a phys weapon. you use wrath and stack light dmg to attacks/bow attacks. use added light gem. Pretty much what you do with molten strike that converts 60% to fire.
"
Can you please explain why skills need to be balanced with each other in a non-competitive ARPG?

It seems perfectly acceptable that some skills are better than others, as long as they all feel powerful in end game (moving into downright over powered when well geared). They don't have to be equal.

But that's the problem with Barrage. It's the de facto single target choice for bow builds. There are no other good / powerful options at the moment, not unless you really enjoy shooting yourself in the foot.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
"
Serleth wrote:
"

But that's the problem with Barrage. It's the de facto single target choice for bow builds. There are no other good / powerful options at the moment, not unless you really enjoy shooting yourself in the foot.

The problem isn't with barrage, that's my point. They need to just make other skills better. Who cares if barrage is great or better than the rest if the others are viable. Make them viable.
You say Barrage is a very strong skill for bow builds, OK. But those who make Wander builds?

What will they have now?
Last edited by TheMotherFucker on Apr 16, 2018, 10:51:21 PM
"
The problem isn't with barrage, that's my point. They need to just make other skills better. Who cares if barrage is great or better than the rest if the others are viable. Make them viable.

I wish they would do this as well but if history is any indication barrage is going to get nerfed to the ground. And if everyone is still using it after the nerf you better believe they will nerf it again.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info