Returning hearthstone player NEED ADVICE!

So i have played hearth stone when it launched but stopped after playing it. My current problem now is now that there are more game modes/expansion/ different packs iam so confused.

please help me sort this out.

1) What game mode do i play (wiki says there is standard and wild, however cant understand the year of the raven/mammoth stuffs)

2) Iam wiling to spend for additional contents (what do i need to get?)

3) What card packs do i need to buy?( also is it still the same as before that purchasing arena acess is better than buying bundled card packs?)

Thanks
Last bumped on Apr 19, 2018, 12:54:43 AM
1. Standard is the format of Classic (minus "Hall of Fame" cards) + expansions released in 2017 and 2018. Wild is the wider format that includes older sets and the Hall of Fame cards. "Year of the ______" refers to when the Standard format rotates, immediately after the first expansion of a year releases -- since Witchwood just released and is the first expansion of 2018, the "Year of the Raven" just began.

If you're a returning player, Wild will probably suit your collection. Take the best decks from years ago, maybe craft a couple cards, be ready to go.

2. In 2016 they stopped releasing adventures like Blackrock, so you just buy packs.

The previous 2 expansions, "Knights of the Frozen Throne" and "Kobolds and Catacombs" both included free adventure content. The Dungeon Runs from K&C are AMAZING, and a great way to get used to new cards before you spend money (it's like PvE Arena). Witchwood will also have free adventure content but Blizzard delayed it two weeks because they're lame.

3. If you can average 4+ wins in Arena it's more Gold-efficient than simply cracking Witchwood packs. However, they changed Arena so rarities mix together and picks are much tougher; the skill level of the format went up a lot.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Apr 16, 2018, 3:42:14 AM
TBH, i still dont get it since i forgot everthing. well gonna reinstall the game and figuere it out. thanks
Forget about hearthstone and play MTG like an intelligent person
I dont see any any key!
"
k1rage wrote:
Instants are not a good mechanic for computer/Android gaming. I prefer Hearthstone because I have a life and can't spend Friday nights sitting in a comic book store.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
k1rage wrote:
Instants are not a good mechanic for computer/Android gaming. I prefer Hearthstone because I have a life and can't spend Friday nights sitting in a comic book store.

works fine in MTGO

but I will say yeah for Android its not going to work
I dont see any any key!
Last edited by k1rage on Apr 16, 2018, 3:57:34 PM
"
k1rage wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
k1rage wrote:
works fine in MTGO
It really doesn't. MTGO is shit; MTG simply doesn't translate well to the digital medium.
Dont give money to Blizzard
Oblivious
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
k1rage wrote:

MTG Arena actually plays really well, the problem is it's crap free to play economy means you're going to need to shell out for lots and lots of packs, because the creators don't understand why all the other digital CCGs have a dusting mechanic, and why it would make even more sense with Magic's set design.
"
j33bus wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
k1rage wrote:

MTG Arena actually plays really well, the problem is it's crap free to play economy means you're going to need to shell out for lots and lots of packs, because the creators don't understand why all the other digital CCGs have a dusting mechanic, and why it would make even more sense with Magic's set design.

that and arena is still a kinda dumbed down version of the game
I dont see any any key!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info