Poet's pen bug

Im using Bodyswap in poet's pen wand and i gain no mana regeneration from Ascendant's trickster ascendancy.
It only works when socketed in gear other than poet's pen.
Last bumped on Apr 15, 2018, 11:19:10 AM
This is not a bug.

If a skill was triggered it is not typically considered to have been used by your character.
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
"
Sarno wrote:
This is not a bug.

If a skill was triggered it is not typically considered to have been used by your character.

The damage is leeched to YOU. The damage is reflected to YOU. So its is YOU who cast this skill. Am i wrong?
"
A_Kvipsy wrote:
The damage is leeched to YOU. The damage is reflected to YOU. So its is YOU who cast this skill. Am i wrong?

Triggered skills happen automatically, rather than manually being used. That is the distinction which I believe the game makes. It's largely (if not entirely) a balance concern - many 'on use' effects are designed with the assumption that you've made some kind of investment to avail of them. Triggered skills do not consume mana, and often occur while your character is doing something else - the opportunity cost of self-cast skills typically aren't present. That's a problem.

If you'd like staff input, here's a link to a comment by Mark_GGG on Reddit. Sorry for taking a while to respond - I was looking for this and it took longer than I anticipated to track down. For some reason I had it in my mind he only posted that a few months ago.
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
"
Sarno wrote:
"
A_Kvipsy wrote:

Triggered skills happen automatically, rather than manually being used. That is the distinction which I believe the game makes. It's largely (if not entirely) a balance concern - many 'on use' effects are designed with the assumption that you've made some kind of investment to avail of them. Triggered skills do not consume mana, and often occur while your character is doing something else - the opportunity cost of self-cast skills typically aren't present. That's a problem.

If you'd like staff input, here's a link to a comment by Mark_GGG on Reddit. Sorry for taking a while to respond - I was looking for this and it took longer than I anticipated to track down. For some reason I had it in my mind he only posted that a few months ago.

Thanks for the full answer! Now i see that its GGG's view on how things shoud work.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info