[3.3] The Grave Digger - Volatile Dead Auto-Miner / All Bosses, All Map Mods

Another question. Since you are taking massive hits from Scold, you don't really need CWDT lvl 1, do you? Can't you go for a CWDT lvl 4, so you could get another 5 lvl on blade vortex for another +1 radius?

Also, why not spell cascade on desecrate? Not enough sockets?
Last edited by Keyen on Apr 19, 2018, 5:23:32 PM
"
Keyen wrote:
Another question. Since you are taking massive hits from Scold, you don't really need CWDT lvl 1, do you? Can't you go for a CWDT lvl 4, so you could get another 5 lvl on blade vortex for another +1 radius?

Definitely, just keep in mind that exact thresholds are going to vary depending on your gear and flasks (e.g. Taste of Hate). I also wonder if you might not eventually hit a point where it becomes obnoxious on phys reflect maps.

For simplicity's sake I've just specified level 1 in the guide, but feel free to experiment.

"
Also, why not spell cascade on desecrate? Not enough sockets?

Right. And if you have Dying Sun, the Desecrate is largely redundant anyway. I'd sooner swap in an inc AOE for Elemental Weakness, really.
Last edited by kechari on Apr 19, 2018, 5:29:44 PM
And a final question. Why do you need a blade vortex setup to blind? Mines and/or unearth doesn't apply it? Or it's just because it's quicker/ safer? It feels pretty expensive to use 3 sockets just for that, doesn't it?

The CWDT/bloodrage/immortal call looks a lot more useful.
Last edited by Keyen on Apr 19, 2018, 5:31:01 PM
"
And a final question. Why do you need a blade vortex setup to blind? Mines and/or unearth doesn't apply it? Or it's just because it's quicker/ safer? It feels pretty expensive to use 3 sockets just for that, doesn't it?

Quicker and safer, yes. A more thorough response to that question is on page 3.

"
The CWDT/bloodrage/immortal call looks a lot more useful.

Yes, potentially. I'm spending some time with it now to see if I notice the loss of Brine King.
For Armor i really do recommend

80% res is nuts, we can always use more crit (especially with Controlled Destruction and Elemental Damage bonus is also nice, all of that for a price of 40-50 flat life compared to overpriced in my opinion Farrul's Fur as we're easily getting full power charges anyway without it. Farrul's Fur feels kind of pointless without the helmet from Set and the 1.5% crit it gives tbh. Another option is Carcass Jack which is a bit cheaper than decently rolled Loreweave.

Started leveling my Scion today, atm level 68, damage feels nice but HP spikes without Zerphi's feel kind of spooky atm (no saboteur ascendacy yet sadly which probably gonna help with that hopefuly)

I just wonder why all build that basically stay in place most of the time to attack don't use Arctic Armour which gives crazy 13% LESS physical damage taken, this would greatly helps mitigating Scold's Bridle damage taken as well as physical damage monster and bosses deal overall, why is noone using it, it's just 25% mana reserved away (or 35% with Essence Worm)
Loreweave is a great choice imo.

Re: Farrul's Fur. Mostly, it's to automate power charges prior to bosses and to enable frenzy charges. Not having the cat-hat isn't much of an issue since the build's nearly crit capped anyway. I don't recommend it in the guide simply due to how difficult it is to acquire, but people have been inquiring.

If you're not using Zerphi's, there's honestly no reason not to reserve a bit of mana for Arctic Armour. Maximizing your unreserved mana is to prevent Zerphi's from deactivating and to accommodate Fevered Mind. I'll add that caveat to the guide.
Last edited by kechari on Apr 19, 2018, 9:10:49 PM
Definitely looking forward to playing this build, looks like a ton of fun. Doubt I'll be able to afford Zerphi's, but we'll see. At least I have a legacy one in standard so I have something small to look forward too when the league ends
Just did a round of guardians + Uber Elder using the Arakaali set up, and I have to say: it is definitely better. Like, much better. Like, stop what you're doing and make these changes better. I'll be updating the Pantheon and Skill Gems sections to reflect this.

"
AlliedKhajiit wrote:
Definitely looking forward to playing this build, looks like a ton of fun. Doubt I'll be able to afford Zerphi's, but we'll see. At least I have a legacy one in standard so I have something small to look forward too when the league ends

That's awesome. I hope those new to the build will chime in with any issues or insights they might have—it's exceedingly helpful when it comes to rounding off the rough edges of the guide.
I just bought all the gear and respecced into the build my health seems a bit low but I am missing a couple nodes. Any chance you could tell me if I have made a mistake. I die in just a few casts...
Last edited by jetstrike on Apr 20, 2018, 2:05:32 AM
"
jetstrike wrote:
I just bought all the gear and respecced into the build my health seems a bit low but I am missing a couple nodes. Any chance you could tell me if I have made a mistake. I die in just a few casts...

Are you making sure to activate Zerphi's after you've spent some mana? That's the only thing that I can imagine would be killing you. If holding down right click is gutting you too quickly, try tapping it at first until your regen kicks in. If you're having a tough time getting used to the play style, you can remove Fevered Mind until you start to get a feel for it.

I've also changed the BV blind setup to an CWDT / immocall Arakaali trigger. Changes are detailed in the build guide (Pantheon and Skill Gems sections). Swap that out for a bunch more life recovery.

Otherwise, gear looks solid. Tree needs some adjustment (int nodes near melding). Since you have Farrul's, you'll want to grab the frenzy node near shadow eventually.
Last edited by kechari on Apr 20, 2018, 2:27:07 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info