[3.2] BHC Dancing Duo/QOTF/CI/Occultist - lvl97 and pushing

"
Starlight85 wrote:
Hiya, I'm considering this build for the upcoming flashback race.

If you couldn't use dervish for the first few days, what would your fallback be? I was looking at the idea of physical specters like undying evangelists, but maybe skeletons would work better?
Probably srs, maybe drop melee splash after you get profane bloom. You don't have to focus on pure phys minions before, (or after,) getting DD. I haven't played a classic summoner since invasion, so I can't really touch on that.

"
Starlight85 wrote:
Is there a reason to go ci besides chaos immunity? Now that it gives no bonus more ES, I imagine you'd have more eHP by just being hybrid?
Chaos immunity is the reason. You can try hybrid shenanigans but you would probably have to trade something for chaos resistance.

"
Starlight85 wrote:
Do you find 2 offensive curses has worked best? I'm a little paranoid about being swarmed by mobs - temp chains makes me feel much safer. Obviously you've managed OK in hc tho :)
Survivability is a non issue with evasion, dodge and other defense layers. What will probably get you is a volitale, bearers or even unlucky heralds of the obelisk. Temp chains or enfeeble(?) wouldn't matter for those anyway.

"
KarmaWithakay wrote:
Darkness Enthroned with some good jewels seems like it would be better than Ascent from Flesh?

You can get some more Energy Shield, as well as more minion damage, though you'll lose out on some evasion. The cost difference is pretty staggering too.
For sure, darkness enthroned is best in slot with gg jewels. Only real downside is losing the practically permanent 10% ms increase.

consider 2x jewels with ~50 flat es, t1 phys and 10 str&int as a single suffix, this would amount to 150 flat es, ~60+ flat avg phys for minions, and 12% inc max es. If you don't let your dreams be dreams, add something like 24% minion attack speed from the last suffix. heh.

I got put a new jewel in the belt, got it for pretty cheap. It has "30% increased Evasion while moving" on it, which is basically a constant movement speed buff for QotF.
You have the unfinished section of improving the build further and im at that point where im not sure where to go next in terms of upgrades.
"
I've been respeccing a witch that was just lying around to get a feel of this build (which I'll probably play more seriously at the next start, be it the inter-league event or the next actua league).

One thing I've been seriously bothered by and wanting to improve on is the single target damage. As it stands, while this build is a very awesome mapper and good enough to kill mid-tier map bosses (with the help of a blue pack popping), it's pretty far from what a dps-focused dervish build can achieve. I like my builds to have some punch to do high red maps comfortably and some occasional light bossing (elder, etc).
As a point of reference, the swords on my Champion easily get north of 400k shaper dps each (ignoring rampage stacks), while this build taps out at like 60k in its current iteration.

So what I've done is take that Champion DPS setup and shoehorned it into this build here (the fact that my Duo is corrupted (30Q) so I can't change sockets has been a pretty big motivator for this too...). It's an Elemental setup rather than pure phys, meaning supports and auras are pretty different. Results are looking good so far.

Results:
- 175k dps VS 96k previously in a very similar gear setup and otherwise identical conditions (jewels have all been replaced though); it does require to proc EE, for which I use orb of storms (obviously only necessary for hard targets where it's worth taking the time to do so)
- dropped Grace to make room for Anger, but still hitting 45k eva to max out QotF with flask active (you didn't have a Reflexes suffix so adding that helps a lot, also Vertex)
- dropped Vulnerability, can be replaced with a curse of your choice on CoH OoS. I like Enfeeble, but it could be anything including a DPS curse like EleWeakness which is another ~20% more damage on a map boss
All the above is with 109 passive points (my char is low level) vs your 120

quick & dirty PoB: https://pastebin.com/qJXbihMG

The jewels for this aren't particularly hard to acquire, either flat fire or cold work and both are more common than flat phys. I bought a few like the one in the PoB (3 t2~3 mods) today for like 5c a pop, and crafted a few more for probably less.

edit: forgot to mention, with lvl3 enlighten there's narrowly enough space to fit in a 25% reservation which could be an aspect (I'm partial to spider, but avian also makes sense)

The problem with your build is - how do you want to kill something? just with spectre seems pretty bad. You can't start your rampage and therefore your dervish.
Last edited by Rhareg on May 5, 2018, 3:59:50 PM
Out of curiosity, what was the reasoning behind scaling phys? Elemental does seem to scale much higher.

IGN: Starlight_Seraphim
Last edited by Lothrik on May 25, 2018, 11:42:19 PM
Gonna try this build, solely because of the writing.
how do the new vaal gem changes affect this build?
"
Rhareg wrote:

The problem with your build is - how do you want to kill something? just with spectre seems pretty bad. You can't start your rampage and therefore your dervish.

Could you elaborate more? Why wouldn't he be able to kill the first white pack with 2 spectres or skeletons? You don't think that the elemental auras would give them enough damage?
Track your map runs: http://pathofmaps.com (retired)

Retired item indexer: https://github.com/niuage/poexplorer
Last edited by niuage on Jun 6, 2018, 2:13:14 PM
This looks fun, it's a shame it was abandoned.
livejamie

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info