[3.2] BHC Dancing Duo/QOTF/CI/Occultist - lvl97 and pushing

Leveling this build at the moment, in some leveling chilling downtime i bought a few deafenings to craft rings, hit this on my first one:

Now I'm scared with the unset and the str requirement, my luck has run out!
"
dahack wrote:
It would be a great dmg multi, however minions inherit the profane bloom keystone, resulting in 0 damage explosions.

So that's what it was! I was testing Brutality + Profane Bloom with my own attacks and it seemed to work just fine, but something felt off when I gave it to my minions. Really odd that you can use your own brutality but disables the explosion if you give it to your minions. Anyway, thanks!
I've been respeccing a witch that was just lying around to get a feel of this build (which I'll probably play more seriously at the next start, be it the inter-league event or the next actua league).

One thing I've been seriously bothered by and wanting to improve on is the single target damage. As it stands, while this build is a very awesome mapper and good enough to kill mid-tier map bosses (with the help of a blue pack popping), it's pretty far from what a dps-focused dervish build can achieve. I like my builds to have some punch to do high red maps comfortably and some occasional light bossing (elder, etc).
As a point of reference, the swords on my Champion easily get north of 400k shaper dps each (ignoring rampage stacks), while this build taps out at like 60k in its current iteration.

So what I've done is take that Champion DPS setup and shoehorned it into this build here (the fact that my Duo is corrupted (30Q) so I can't change sockets has been a pretty big motivator for this too...). It's an Elemental setup rather than pure phys, meaning supports and auras are pretty different. Results are looking good so far.

Results:
- 175k dps VS 96k previously in a very similar gear setup and otherwise identical conditions (jewels have all been replaced though); it does require to proc EE, for which I use orb of storms (obviously only necessary for hard targets where it's worth taking the time to do so)
- dropped Grace to make room for Anger, but still hitting 45k eva to max out QotF with flask active (you didn't have a Reflexes suffix so adding that helps a lot, also Vertex)
- dropped Vulnerability, can be replaced with a curse of your choice on CoH OoS. I like Enfeeble, but it could be anything including a DPS curse like EleWeakness which is another ~20% more damage on a map boss
All the above is with 109 passive points (my char is low level) vs your 120

quick & dirty PoB: https://pastebin.com/qJXbihMG

The jewels for this aren't particularly hard to acquire, either flat fire or cold work and both are more common than flat phys. I bought a few like the one in the PoB (3 t2~3 mods) today for like 5c a pop, and crafted a few more for probably less.

edit: forgot to mention, with lvl3 enlighten there's narrowly enough space to fit in a 25% reservation which could be an aspect (I'm partial to spider, but avian also makes sense)
I'm proud I made the build that got hotfix nerfed by 80% in under a week :
Kamikaze Clones /1204796 (LL Mirror Arrow Instability Prolif)
Last edited by PepprmintButler on Apr 20, 2018, 10:25:52 AM
"
Spoiler
I've been respeccing a witch that was just lying around to get a feel of this build (which I'll probably play more seriously at the next start, be it the inter-league event or the next actua league).

One thing I've been seriously bothered by and wanting to improve on is the single target damage. As it stands, while this build is a very awesome mapper and good enough to kill mid-tier map bosses (with the help of a blue pack popping), it's pretty far from what a dps-focused dervish build can achieve. I like my builds to have some punch to do high red maps comfortably and some occasional light bossing (elder, etc).
As a point of reference, the swords on my Champion easily get north of 400k shaper dps each (ignoring rampage stacks), while this build taps out at like 60k in its current iteration.

So what I've done is take that Champion DPS setup and shoehorned it into this build here (the fact that my Duo is corrupted (30Q) so I can't change sockets has been a pretty big motivator for this too...). It's an Elemental setup rather than pure phys, meaning supports and auras are pretty different. Results are looking good so far.

Results:
- 175k dps VS 96k previously in a very similar gear setup and otherwise identical conditions (jewels have all been replaced though); it does require to proc EE, for which I use orb of storms (obviously only necessary for hard targets where it's worth taking the time to do so)
- dropped Grace to make room for Anger, but still hitting 45k eva to max out QotF with flask active (you didn't have a Reflexes suffix so adding that helps a lot, also Vertex)
- dropped Vulnerability, can be replaced with a curse of your choice on CoH OoS. I like Enfeeble, but it could be anything including a DPS curse like EleWeakness which is another ~20% more damage on a map boss
All the above is with 109 passive points (my char is low level) vs your 120

quick & dirty PoB: https://pastebin.com/qJXbihMG

The jewels for this aren't particularly hard to acquire, either flat fire or cold work and both are more common than flat phys. I bought a few like the one in the PoB (3 t2~3 mods) today for like 5c a pop, and crafted a few more for probably less.

Thanks for the writeup! Occultist is inherently pretty bad at killing endgame bosses due to curse effect reductions. Most of the big dps increases for the build have a pricetag of a huge opportunity cost for clear speed or survivability. Like you mentioned, two prop jewels alone would provide a huge chunk of dps. On hardcore however I feel quite sketchy omitting the ES prefix on a jewel.

My plan for the build is to reach level 100. After that I'm planning on figuring out how to effectively do bossing. Most of the setup would probably need to be changed.

"
Tehoblivion wrote:
Leveling this build at the moment, in some leveling chilling downtime i bought a few deafenings to craft rings, hit this on my first one:

Now I'm scared with the unset and the str requirement, my luck has run out!

Damn... That's a nutty ring dude. Honestly you really don't need to get that lucky anymore, that beauty takes so much pressure off getting resistances so you can focus on getting just str or es. :)
Last edited by dahack on Apr 20, 2018, 7:13:45 AM
Hey i noticed you use Chemist's flasks and i've found that with our poachers mark its very easy to keep up Alchemists flasks for even more evasion and move speed. Just a thought.
One thing I will say is that this is probably the most laggy build I have ever played. Granted, it's my first Occultist - I'm assuming Profane Bloom has a lot to do with it. If this is how it is for all moderately fast Occultist builds, I really hope GGG has some plans to smooth it out. But wow, now that I'm using sextants the game feels like it runs at half my usual framerate, with all the profane bloom calculations, rampage procs, and minions flying all over the screen. It sure makes me glad we've got so much ES regen during mapping.
I'm wondering if there are any other setups besides spectres to proc rampage that people have tried, like skeles maybe? i keep losing my spectres. Granted its from stupid shit that i knew they probably wouldn't have made it. Have you tried skeletons or something similiar?
"
Meek123 wrote:
I'm wondering if there are any other setups besides spectres to proc rampage that people have tried, like skeles maybe? i keep losing my spectres. Granted its from stupid shit that i knew they probably wouldn't have made it. Have you tried skeletons or something similiar?

Hey, what sort of content are you doing? You shouldn't be losing your spectres at all. Have you raised your spectres at lvl 84 zone? You could keep an eye out for people selling shaper's realm portals or run oba's cursed trove and in the last room desecrate -> raise high level specs if this is the case.

You can try other ways to get the rampage started if you can spare the sockets.
Last edited by dahack on Apr 22, 2018, 7:19:00 PM
"
dahack wrote:
"
Meek123 wrote:

Hey, what sort of content are you doing? You shouldn't be losing your spectres at all. Have you raised your spectres at lvl 84 zone? You could keep an eye out for people selling shaper's realm portals or run oba's cursed trove and in the last room desecrate -> raise high level specs if this is the case.

You can try other ways to get the rampage started if you can spare the sockets.

They keep dying to random essence monsters and some red beasts. i wonder if minions and totem elemental resistance would help, it also has a damage multiplier on it but not a big one. not sure what id swap it for. Have you tried any other spectres?
T15/16 kitava spectres are virtually invulnerable in the content this build plays around in, especially with Grace and Discipline. It sounds like you're raising your spectres in A10, not high tier maps.

Skellies are super possible; run them with melee splash, spell echo, and whatever flavor of damage you're scaling and they'll do alright.

Personally the spectres are so tanky that I don't even bother with using kitava's heralds, any of the clearspeed spectres give us better coverage and quicker rampage. Not having to deal with their AI is such a relief when I mismanage my worms.
Last edited by CloverPuppy on Apr 23, 2018, 5:22:56 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info